PDA

View Full Version : anyone else here into surface stuff?

pace_likethesalsa
01-15-2006, 03:09 AM
I have a kyosho car. GF got me a kyosho HOR (electric motorcycle in production since 1992 :eek:). I cant wait to build it, for those who dont know, the steering is actualyl controlled by the rider leaning, which is awesome. Prob gonna get a 1/18 electric buggy soon.

Anyone else into surface stuff? post what you got?

Jason T
01-16-2006, 02:21 AM
I have been eyeing one of the emaxx trucks. I have seen them in action and man they are cool. :)

zappedalaskan
01-16-2006, 03:44 AM
I race 1/8 scale buggies and nitro stadium trucks. I have three Emaxx's
Jason- If your thinking about an EMAXX you can't go wrong. They are sweet right out of the box. I have one stock for bashing around, one is bling'd out and the last one I built is a 67mph Brushless set up, Hacker C-50 motor with a shulze 18cell/100amp esc carbon fiber race chassis, titanium drive lines the works, they are fun trucks in any form. Bone stock or put as much money in it as you want lol they are fun either way. I am going to put the bling'd out one up for sale on RCU. I built it and it has been on display at my LHS for it's whole life It is brand new, never seen the dirt. PM me if you want some pics, I will make you a heck of a deal. It comes with all the original parts and tires as well as all the Powerline hop ups it has twin 15 turn reedy bad maxx motors and a waterproof High end esc. A trick painted chevy panel wagon body, two stock bodies blue and silver an Atomik racing body blue with silver flames. Pro line 40 series velocity 6 wheels and Big joe tires, and some more stuff I can't think of right off. I don't mean to be selling anything in this forum, I just seen your post saying your looking at one. If you want one pre-tricked LMK. I have a few boats as well mostly airboats. Land sea or air rc is great!
Regards,
Jay

Jason T
01-16-2006, 05:35 PM
WOW! A C50 and 18 cell pack in one of theses trucks? WOW!:) Okay, so I under estimated what you could do to these trucks. That is amazing. The one you are selling is probably out of the range of what I could spend on one but I am sending you a PM just to make sure. ;)

BTW, do you have video of any of these?

pace_likethesalsa
01-17-2006, 03:47 AM
just ordered my assosciated rc18t. im pumped. cant wait to get it out on the dirt

savydad
01-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Was deep into racing stadium trucks in my teens, then laid back for a while. I really have more surface equipment than air though...4 pan cars, 3 stadium trucks and an emaxx. Guess which one I mess with the most...the emaxx. Best money I've spent on r/c in 15 years. It's nearly indestructible and with good packs is lots of fun for the time spent charging.

Todd

pace_likethesalsa
01-17-2006, 11:15 PM
i want to get into pan cars but theres no carpet or oval tracks at all near me. theres an oval track over an hour and a half away, but its a smaller scale very snakey track made for mini-z cars and the like.

buzzbomber
01-24-2006, 04:28 PM
I got my start in r/c with a Tamiya Frog sometime back in the mid '80s. I beat the living daylights out of that car and finally turned it into a road car, then forgot about it. Then I picked up a Kyosho Big Brute, and thrashed that into oblivion...then I bought an airboat and put a Fox .40BB on it, sometime around 1990. I still have the engine; now it lives on the nose of a Kadet LT-25, and it's still as cranky as it was then.

I got back into r/c for good about 5 years ago when I finally learned to fly with a GWS Cub--it was bound to happen sooner or later--I grew up around airplanes, just hadn't been able to get over the initial learning curve as a kid.

Fast forward to the present--in addition to my airfleet, I now have an HPI RS4 Rally Focus I bought around the same time as the Cub, an Associated Monster GT(this one's the most fun, but it's also LOUD and messy), and an Associated RC18MT. Now thatTamiya is re-issuing the Frog, I'm tempted to get another one to relive the glory days of my youth.....

rca
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
I've got several trucks, all electric in different sizes.

I have:

E-Maxx - nice big fun 4 wheel drive
Traxxas Stampede - my first and still my favorite bashing truck
Traxxas Rustler - this is my street speed demon, low and fast
HPI RS4 Rally - purchased used, in the process of rebuilding
Losi Mini-T - small and fun All I do is bash these and they have all held up really well. Lots of fun because I can walk out my front door and get an RC fix. I don't have to drive to a park to fly my plane. This fits into my schdule better some days since my wife and two daughters are so busy.

madcratebuilder
03-17-2006, 05:51 AM
Surface stuff.........let's see.............
3 t-maxx's one is full aluminum and all 1/8 scale running gear
1 revo with a .21
1 nitro rusty, aluminum and CF
2 hyper 7's, 1 .21 and 1 .28
1 hyper 10 (hoboa)
3 rc10gt's
1 ntc3, carbon and Ti
2 bolink dragsters
1 home made 1/8 scale dragster, all billet aluminum
1 clod based rock crawler
1 tlt based rock crawler
1 "stick" rock crawler

5 ms-composit hornets cp's and II's
1 composit sea knight
1 t-rex se
1 lama xrb sr
1 hummingbird.
from gws
pt-17, built
slow stick, built
beaver on floats, started
a-10 bl edf, started

I should be institutionalized.:rolleyes:

TLyttle
03-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Interesting... I tried r/c surface stuff, but I couldn't get used to not looking UP!! True! I can orient a sailplane at 2 miles, but I could NOT figure out right from left on an r/c truck!! Oh, well, bring on the airplanes...

buzzbomber
03-19-2006, 01:39 AM
Interesting... I tried r/c surface stuff, but I couldn't get used to not looking UP!! True! I can orient a sailplane at 2 miles, but I could NOT figure out right from left on an r/c truck!! Oh, well, bring on the airplanes...

I know exactly what you mean--today I took my Monster GT over to my father's place to play in the field behind the house(it's a sheep pasture on the side of a knobby hill with all sorts of rocks, knolls, decrepit farm equipment, and ditches to play in), and I actually hit myself with the d*mn truck becuase I got the controls reversed in my head. Let me tell you, a 12 pound truck hitting your shin at ~15mph is NOT fun!:eek: Good thing I found the brakes right about the time I realized I had lost steering orientation! I slowed it down a bit after that and kept it a little further away from myself...:rolleyes: Still better than sitting inside when it's too windy to fly:D .

TLyttle
03-21-2006, 02:29 AM
Good, it's not just me then!

Strangely enough, I had no problem digging a glider out of a valley when the lift ran out, a bit nerve wracking for the guy who owned the model! must have been down 7-800' below launch point, found a bubble, flew it out, but if it is sitting on the ground... Wierd, eh??

vax6335
03-23-2006, 02:21 AM
I've got a Kyosho Electric Speedboat that's pretty fun. I also have a nice North Star sailboat that took me forever to build, and I even went out and bought real 'Learn how to sail' books so I could sail the thing. That was last year, and I haven't even put it in the water yet.

Not really into cars, but I do have a couple of those Radio Shack X-mod things...... they're addictingly fun.