PDA

View Full Version : Hacker A30X10 motor seperation

Robert Murray
07-27-2008, 12:07 AM
I have a Hacker A30X10 motor which flighs my Super Sportster great. My problem is on my last three flights the moter froze up in flight. Inspecting it showed the the two halfs of the motor seperated. I was able ,with some effort ,to push it back together and it ran fine, till it happened again. The front part of the motor is attached to the prop shaft with two set screws. This part revolves around the main part of the motor, but there is nothing to keep the two parts together. Can anybody help me with this?
Bob

ministeve2003
07-27-2008, 07:58 AM
either a C-clip is missing, and/or the grub screws are not holding.... check for c-clip, if its the grub screws, you may have to put a dimple (flatspot) on the shaft for the grub screw to sit on... and locktight it... that way it won't unscrew itself....
SK

jonnyjetprop
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Hacker Brushless USA has a support site on ezone. You can post this question there.

John

Robert Murray
07-27-2008, 06:06 PM
By Grub screw I think you mean the small set screw.There are two of them on the motor shaft that connects the front portion of the motor. There is no flat, but these screws are holding. This is the part that rotates. My problem is that this part of the motor moves forward from the main housing. No part of the motor shaft protrudes from the back of the motor so there is no way tro add a c clamp to it. If there was a recess in the shaft and it projected behind the motor, a c clamp (not the right name) would solve the problem.

ministeve2003
07-27-2008, 10:50 PM
By Grub screw I think you mean the small set screw.There are two of them on the motor shaft that connects the front portion of the motor. There is no flat, but these screws are holding. This is the part that rotates. My problem is that this part of the motor moves forward from the main housing. No part of the motor shaft protrudes from the back of the motor so there is no way tro add a c clamp to it. If there was a recess in the shaft and it projected behind the motor, a c clamp (not the right name) would solve the problem.

grub screw, set screw... yea, same thing.... http://www.modelfixings.co.uk/stainless_grub_screws.htm

as far as c-clamp, I actually ment c-clip...
I was giving a generallity to your motor, I don't own a hacker...
here's a picture of a shaft and the c-clip that holds the other end...
http://www.aarchobby.com/shop/images/2.3mmshaft2825-35-2.jpg

ministeve2003
07-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Pictures always help... Set screws on one side of motor, c-clip on other side, this also depends on how the shaft is facing, and some motors use different means to keep the moving side on...
SK

http://milehighrc.com/images/outrun/lilred2.jpg

LETMEFLY
07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
I am far from being an expert here.:roll: My Axi and Turnigy motor shafts protrude out the back about 1/2". When you buy the motors they usually come with a wheel collar which slides over the shaft against the c clip or e ring. I use a little bit of locktite on the grub screw, tighten it up and let it set for a few hours to dry. This will prevent future shaft problems.

Give it a try and see.:D

Regards,

Bob

ministeve2003
07-28-2008, 09:26 PM
I wondered about that wheel collar too... I knew what it was for, but I've never used them... does it make much difference?
SK

LETMEFLY
07-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Lets say you are flying along and that clip comes loose or falls off. :confused:Guess where the front part of the motor is going. ::oIt will leave the rest behind and become airborne and probably get lost. :mad:Its sort of hard to fly and see where part of your motor is going.

That collar stops that problems before it can occur. I surely beleive in them.

Just my opinion.

Bob

ministeve2003
07-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Lets say you are flying along and that clip comes loose or falls off. :confused:Guess where the front part of the motor is going. ::oIt will leave the rest behind and become airborne and probably get lost. :mad:Its sort of hard to fly and see where part of your motor is going.

That collar stops that problems before it can occur. I surely beleive in them.

Just my opinion.

Bob so far the only time the C-clip came off on my motors is when they heated up enough to burn the motor... Which left me with a dead motor.... but I think it sounds like a good idea to us em' so I'll prob start doing that... I mean... they do come with the motor... its not like an extra part I gotta buy or anything...lol

Ps, the burned motors were'nt my fault... PPLE like changeing props on me without asking me first...lol

SK

Robert Murray
07-29-2008, 06:51 PM
I pushed the prop shaft out the back about 1/4 inch, filed a flat and added a set screw. Looks like this solved the problem. Thanks for all the help.
Bob