PDA

View Full Version : 85HV won't arm

skycarcass
08-19-2008, 04:33 PM
I believe this is similar to another thread posted here, but wanted to get confirmation before I just sent the ESC back to Castle. When I plug the battery into the ESC, it beeps and counts out the cells (6s as is correct). But it does not arm and give the final confirmation beep. I've checked with another 85HV and it works correctly, so I know my trim, EPA, and direction is correct.

Is there anything I can do to try and solve this on my own or will it have to go back to Castle to be repaired? Its dissapointing because I just purchased this a couple weeks ago.

Larry3215
08-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Have you tried playing with the end points anyway? Try changing the throttle end point up and down and see if maybe it needs a teewk.

Does the esc flash any error codes? if so - what one?

Check the lead going to the rx and be sure all the pins are inserted corectly and in the proper order.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

BoysToys
08-29-2008, 11:07 PM
I had to set the endpoints on my radio for my HV85 to work properly. On my DX7 I moved both the low and high endpoints on my radio to 50%. I then plugged in the esc, moved my throttle stick to the top, then increased the percentage on my throttle up until the esc beeped confirming that it recognized high stick. I then gave it a couple more % just to be safe. I think my high percentage was 104%. Then I unplugged the esc, moved my throttle stick to its lowest point, plugged in the esc, then increased the low thorttle % until the esc beeped showing that it now recognized low stick, I then gave it a couple more clicks to be sure. After setting it up like this, I have had zero issues with my HV85.

Hope this help.