PDA

View Full Version : Slow Stick Initial Wing Placement?

usopa
01-18-2006, 02:11 AM
Hi everyone, I have a noob question about a slow stick kit I just bought. It came with a GWS-400 motor. My question is how far back from the Fwd. end of the fuse do I place the LE of the wing? I understand the distance is to be .75 X width of the wing. behind the motor or from the front of the fuse. This has probably covered in some prev. thread, so sorry if I`m being reduntant. Thanks for any help.:confused:

Rugar
01-18-2006, 02:26 AM
Mine end up being around 5" to 5 1/2" back depending on what components are used and the weight of the components. The wing can be slid back and forth to help fine tune your CG. The Slow Stick isn't all that critical about wing placement within reason.

usopa
01-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Rugar, thanx for quick reply. Is that 5-5 1/2 inches from end of fuse or rear of motor, maybe mute point if wing placement is not that critical on SS

Rugar
01-18-2006, 02:40 AM
That's from the front of the fuse to the leading edge of the wing, or the front of your gear box if its mounted flush with the end of the fuse. I just measured mine that has a Himax Motor on it, and its at 5 1/4". Your mileage may vary :D.

usopa
01-18-2006, 02:55 AM
OK Thanks, Rugar , I was pretty close after all!!!:)