PDA

View Full Version : stryker f27-b

hayesrex24
01-18-2006, 02:53 AM
do you know of any parts that can improve the perfomance of this airplane, that cost around 130-145 dollars.

thanks, rex :)

rca
01-18-2006, 04:42 AM
I think you should start by reading this thread. Lot's of good information about what other people have done to their Strykers.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233

opquickie
01-30-2006, 02:46 AM
Best thing you can do to it is some reinforcements (check the above thread) and then go brushless/lipo.

if you don't have the charger etc this will be more than 130 probably, but this is the only major mod i could suggest.

unless you want to spend that money on two Sonic Combat modules and then move next door to me so we can have dogfights???

haha gl man

onrecess
01-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Well, your b model came with a lipo prop. A 11.1v 3s2100 16c battery cost me $69.59 and my smart charger cost... well, I forget- but it was much less than $70. I think they are $50. It is the blue one.
So, for about $120 +tax you get much better performance. Spend a couple of bucks on tape. Done.
Later you can use that battery and go brushless. I hear the bp21/15 amp speed cntrl combo from balsapr.com goes for 50ish.
Your batt and charger will be good for that, too.
Tom :D

Mr.Clean
10-28-2006, 06:23 PM
I agree with the lipo upgrade. I have been flying strykers for a while and have done played with a lot of mods. Park zone sells a lipo and charger that is a decent quality and pretty much dummie proof for about 100.00 dollars. With the lipo uprade you will almost tripple your current power. The lipo upgrade is the best next step ffor the least amount of drama. If you do deciede on doing this upgrade please remember to 1)change the prop to the one Park zone provided for this upgrade, 2) change the appropiate jumper on your reciever other wise you may cook the battery, 3)recheck yoour center of gravity before flying this will change when you remove the ni-mah pack. There is nothing more frustrating than flying an out of ballance plane after making a change like this and then hating the plane.

Enjoy your Stryker if you have more questions come to the Delta and Flying wings foru, we are all Stryker heads there.