PDA

View Full Version : E-Flight P-47

Gauge
01-19-2006, 01:30 AM
I have just purchased the E-Flight P47 from E-flight. The manual recomends a 7.5 gram servo. Does anyone have any recommendations? Am I looking for a micro servo or standard servo? Whats a good make of servo? Hitech, Futaba, JR...

Mike Parsons
01-19-2006, 01:37 AM
The E-flite S75's are excellent servos and what I used in mine.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLRS75

Hitech 55's and JR 241 are also a viable choice.

Gauge
01-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the link Mike. They look like nice little servos. Good deal too. What reciever are you flying in that bird of yours? I have an old RS-124F from Futaba, but the range isn't that good.

The E-flite S75's are excellent servos and what I used in mine.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLRS75

Hitech 55's and JR 241 are also a viable choice.

Mike Parsons
01-19-2006, 02:26 AM
No problem Gauge. I am using an old Hitec Electron 6. Dual conversion and good range.

redgiki
01-25-2006, 08:28 AM
What reciever are you flying in that bird of yours?
I'm not him, but I went with a single-conversion Hitec Micro 05S. I haven't put together my bird yet, but for the weight it seemed like a really good competitor to the shorter-ranged GWS things, and I really love my Hitec Supreme.

The Supreme is twice as heavy as the 05S, though, so I decided against using it in this warbird. I'm a little concerned about weight; my suspicion, though, is that I'll still need to use nose weight. I've got a long & narrow Dymond 3S1P 2100mAh LiPo pack (comparable to the TP2100, but no balance plug, so I charge at 0.5A or less), and from what I've read people with the stubbier packs have a little better luck using less nose weight.

But I have four of those, and they're the ones I use in my Stryker, so I figure I may as well save the money and not buy dedicated packs :)

Oh, right, I went off-topic...

Vintauri
02-02-2006, 06:41 AM
The S-75 servos work great in this bird. I helped a guy maiden his with them. I would however do a good range check on that older reciever. He had some issues with an older Airtronics rx he was trying to use. He also used the TP 2100 3s lipo. It balanced well with that in there.

Steve

zappedalaskan
02-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I hav been eyeballing this plane since it came out.. Is it a good plane, as far as quarks or is it a good flyer? It is a sharp looking bird, but I always get the scoop before I buy anything. I appreciate anyone telling me how theirs is flying for them.
Thank you kindly in advance,
Jay

Mike Parsons
02-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Jay, it is very good. I reviewed this plane recently and found no faults with it. It builds quick due to a lot of the work already being done for you. I used the Park 450, 20a esc and 3S 2200 Apex 10C pack. I did have to use the entire block of clay in the nose to get the CG to work out. I have the review video. I will check to see if I can post it since the review has not gone live.

-Mike

zappedalaskan
02-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Sounds great! Thank you kindly Mike :) It is a toss up between this and the SU-27 you reviewed. I am leaning toward the warbird (P-47) I think the P-47 probably fits my flying style better. A video would be great!
Thank's again,
Jay

debhicks
02-07-2006, 09:54 PM
It's actually a beautiful plane. Well detailed. Haven't put one together for us. Will wants one. But he is busy getting the ultra stick ready. Great pictures up there.

zappedalaskan
02-07-2006, 10:49 PM
It's actually a beautiful plane. Well detailed. Haven't put one together for us. Will wants one. But he is busy getting the ultra stick ready. Great pictures up there.
Hi Debbie,
Does this mean you have one that needs a good home? You know your my favorite hobby shop south of here.. Oh wait.. Everything is south of here. A hobby shop here consist of fishing equipment and guns. RC? Oh you mean Remington centerfire.. :)
Regards,
Jay

Mike Parsons
02-14-2006, 04:28 AM
The review made it online.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=637

Let me see if it will hotlink the video: http://67.18.81.100/rcuvideos/magazine/reviews/637/p47high.wmv

zappedalaskan
02-14-2006, 04:50 AM
Mike,
Dude that is sweet! It ROG'd nicely. Man you make any warbird look good :) I was thinking, low inverted pass..That is nice, Then you bring it around and actually touch the runway with the stab.. That is some nice flying Mike. Plane looks great. Looks like a blast. Thank you kindly for posting the video :)
Jay

rr turtle
02-14-2006, 06:41 AM
the aon 3000kv is a good direct bolt motor for this bird with great power.

Twmaster
02-15-2006, 01:33 AM
Wow that looks great. Nice video.

MountainFlyer
02-15-2006, 03:21 AM
i wish i had something other than this slow dialup i could actually watch some of these videos ( and no i can't get "affordable" broadband here :) )

Mike Parsons
02-15-2006, 03:43 AM
i wish i had something other than this slow dialup i could actually watch some of these videos ( and no i can't get "affordable" broadband here :) )
Mountainflyer,
Tell me what size you need and I will make it so. No promises on the quality, but you'll get the jist of it :)

MountainFlyer
02-15-2006, 03:51 AM
LOL, thanks Mike but actually what i'll do is just wait until im at my friends house that DOES have broadband and look at them then. im getting old .. no need to add more blur to my vision. heck my arms are already to short to read the small print on most things as it is :)

RW650
02-15-2006, 05:43 PM
I attended the E-Fest in Champaign Illinois this past weekend. Jason Merkle (of micro heli fame) flew the E-Flite Thunderbolt inside the building while putting on a demonstration. It was AWSOME! I'm going to get one of these P-47's. It flew beautifully. I've been eyeballing the P-47 but Jason convinced me that it will be my next warbird. Hurry up warm weather!

HogCrewChief
02-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Has anyone tried to hand launch the P-47? How does it hand launch?

Thanks,
Tony

Mike Parsons
02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Tony,
With my setup, easy as can be :)

-Mike

HogCrewChief
02-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Mike,
Thanks for the info. Did you do the review on rcuniverse? Was that the setup you used to hand launch it? I fly off pretty thick grass so I won't be using the gears or bombs.

Thanks again,
Tony

Mike Parsons
02-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Tony,
Yep, I wrote the review. I ROG'd and hand tossed it on the Park 450 setup. You dont need to throw it very hard either. Plenty of go power :)

-Mike