PDA

View Full Version : Double crash..

Airhead
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Two weeks ago I flew in 16 mph winds. Yes, against my better judgement but I was impatient. Results below. arrrrgh.....

I have been fortunate being able to fly in 8 to 12 mph winds quite regularly. Pilot error had a lot to do with it.

smokejohnson
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Bummer Bruce. The damage doesn't look too bad, get them birds fixed and back in the air :)...maybe wait for the wind to die down though ;).

Airhead
09-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks James.
I hear you good advice...:)

birdDog
09-14-2008, 08:52 PM
That was the hardest lesson I learned when I began flying. It seemed as if each time I went out in the wind I would end up spending hours at the work bench. I keep that in mind when I am assessing the flying conditions.;-)

Sorry bout your planes:{

Airhead
09-14-2008, 09:02 PM
That was the hardest lesson I learned when I began flying. It seemed as if each time I went out in the wind I would end up spending hours at the work bench. I keep that in mind when I am assessing the flying conditions.;-)

Sorry bout your planes:{
Thanks birdDog,
I've lost a few planes in the wind. I've mourned these two long enough. Time to get-r-done and back in the air.:ws:
No repair work has been started yet. I have located a few usable parts out in the shed. from other close encounters...::o