PDA

View Full Version : Electric Heli Training and Test Stand

helisafeproducts
01-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Here is a great flight training, set up, and test stand from Heli-Safe Products (Trademark, Patents Pending). See our website www.helisafeproducts.com (http://www.helisafeproducts.com) for more info on training stands.

This unit, Model 2834056B, can be used by most helis (Blade size to 770mm or 30" diamater), and a 4 or more channel radio system is recommended. The trainer holds the heli and allows it to rise, hover, fly, turn 360 degrees around itself with bank/tilt (pitch/roll) in all direction, and the boom arm also travels completely around 360 degrees giving a 56" diameter flying circle. The heli can be locked rigid in place on its mount for adjustments. Using this training equipment, you can easily and safely learn all heli operations and functions, and practice flying, hovering, tail rotation and crab, and nose in landings and nose in and nose out hovering. Easily mounted, the unit can be used on tables with the built-in clamp (except glass tops), or attached by screws to a sheet of plywood and then used just about anywhere.

The heli is raised up when mounted on the stand and is therefore free from any "ground effect". Our unique skid holder allows the heli to "float" freely on the holder and this eliminates any "ground resonance" problems.

The trainer is also adjustable so you can increase flying time while still using the original weaker factory supplied batteries. This is a fun, easy, and safe way to learn heli operations and flying. Saves you money and time by keeping the heli from crashing. Priced at $89.95 US plus $16.00 shipping in North America. The trainer comes with all mounting hardware, instructions, and free technical assistance. Also available in a larger size stand (Model Supreme at $99.95 US) having an 6 foot diameter flying circle. Not to be used with full bodied helis that only have wheels but no skids. Please contact us if you have any questions, and thanks for looking.

rotary65
01-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Very interesting looking product. Do you have a website? The pictures are very small - do you have any more detailed closeups so we can see the construction? Is there a manual we can look at?

helisafeproducts
01-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi. Our web site is currently under construction. It will feature all our training stands for gas/nitro and electrics. What specific info are you looking for?

rotary65
01-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Really just looking for a better idea of the quality of the construction, etc. I can already fly, but it would be interesting as a test stand. I'm located in New Brunswick, Canada. I saw you classified listing on RCU as well - It says that you are in Richmond Hill, On.

watt_the?!
01-27-2006, 08:49 PM
i like this too!!!

more info please!

Tim

helisafeproducts
01-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Until our web site is up and running (mid February is the goal), have a look at ebay.com under Seller "multiengineflyer" for more info on the trainers. We will also be introducing two more versions, for added selection to meet user needs.

zappedalaskan
01-27-2006, 11:00 PM
That looks pretty sweet for setting up EP's in the house before sending them into the wild blue yonder. Please keep us updated! Best of luck with your training stand :)
Jay

Goanna
10-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Anyone ever wind up trying one of these? If they are still available I am thinking about getting one.

Edit: Well, I ordered one from eBay. Once it arrives I will let everyone know how it works out.

goldberg
01-10-2007, 06:30 PM
LEt me know how it works out for you. I have a Blade CP that I want to use with this stand.

Thanks!

SarkkaS
03-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Anyone actually received one of these stands or any other products from this guy? We've got a spider-type training gear set coming to Finland for UAV testing.

-Sale

helisafeproducts
03-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Anyone actually received one of these stands or any other products from this guy? We've got a spider-type training gear set coming to Finland for UAV testing.

-Sale
Hi Sale.

Sent you 2 e-mails on the delivery and status of your stand but had no response back. Please e-mail me where I can get in touch with you.

Charles

SarkkaS
03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
I have received the emails and replied to all of them, to both addresses given by you. The problem with the emails bouncing back is due to my ISP.

In short: all is well, the remaining balance has been set to transfer within the week.

I'd like to publicly commend Heli-Safe Products for the great customer support and fast response times :)

-Sale

Oracus
03-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Is there a website yet? And I would like to know how they work out for Sale

SarkkaS
03-29-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm still waiting for mine, since the international bank transfer took a while longer than expected AND the sum arrived $20 smaller than expected due to handling fees of banks, etc. The remainder has been paid over a week ago and I suspect that the stand is already on its way.

Our quad rotor UAV has already flown for about 10 seconds under regular RC control, just for proof-of-concept.

-Sale

theecoop
06-23-2007, 03:25 AM
have you recieved it yet? if so what is your opinon of it?

xuzme720
06-27-2007, 04:29 AM
hey Coop! check out here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Helicopter-stand-training-gear-Supreme-T-Rex-etc_W0QQitemZ300122943701QQihZ020QQcategoryZ34056Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

xuzme720
06-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks, I have seen another one that looks a little better built cheaper ,but lost were I seen it. Will keep looking

let me know if you find something. looks like just the thing for trimming out a bird inside the house on those "less than ideal" days!

theecoop
06-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Yes ,same thoughts here. If I don't find soon will have a friend that is foreman at a tool& die shop make me some parts to make a few of my own design

rcmurray
08-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Here is a great flight training and set up stand from Heli Safe Products (Trademark, Patents Pending). The unit can be used by all miniature helis (Blade size to 700mm, weight to 670g, and 370, 380, 400, 160L, 430L brushed and brushless motors, etc), and a 4 or more channel system is recommended. The trainer holds the heli and allows it to turn 360 degrees around itself and bank/tilt in all direction, and the base arm also travels the full 360 degrees. The heli can be locked rigid in place on its mount for adjustments. Using this training equipment, you can easily and safely learn all heli operations and functions, and practice flying, hovering, tail rotation and crab, and nose in landings. Easily mounted, the unit can be used on any table (except glass tops) or work bench, and is attached by a custom clamp, screw mount, or anchored into the ground with a stake. The trainer is also adjustable so you can increase flying time by double or triple, while using the original weaker factory supplied batteries. This is a fun, easy, and safe way to learn heli flying. Saves you money by keeping the heli from crashing. Priced at $59.95 US plus $18.00 shipping in North America. The trainer comes with all mounting hardware, instructions, and free technical assistance. Please contact us if you have any questions, and thanks for looking.

I have been all over the web sites looking to buy one of these stand. I really want one, I have forund one on E-Bay but is 50 dollare more then the one here,, please,please tell me where to get to your web site so I can buy on of these, or can anyone direct me to this site, I have crash my heli two times now,, it's not the cost of the repairs, it the time it takes to get the parts and repairing it.. so someone PLEASE help me out there. thanks to all. rc

rcmurray
08-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Cool,,,, I want one as soon as possable,, Question, as you build this stand for training is it possiable to get make so you can get more hight of the ground. Heli-safe look to only give you a foot or more play off the ground I was thinking maybe from 3-5 feet so you can really get the feel of how the helicopter is going act. as long you can stay around the $60 price you seel a sh*t load of these thing,, let me know if you need some here in Texas to be a dealer for you. but to make this short,,"you got one ready yet " ! sell, sell,sell,,,,, Thanks for the reply! PS can you send me a link to your gallery, new here have got the hang of getting around it yet,, hell it took me 5 minutes just to find this posting,,, lol,,, okay cool

rcmurray
08-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay looks good how long till you have one ready for me to test out ! I will be glade to try it out for you. send me one !

rcmurray
08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
After looking at you drawing again it looks good I do have one question ? will the stand allow you to do 360 while in a hovering postion, by the looks of your drawing we will not be able to do 360's while hovering.. looks good for up/down forward and backwards but as for 360 spins it doest not look like that will allow us to do it.. do have something in mind that is not showing on your drawing would like to know how you plan on fixing that movement ?
RC

rcmurray
08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Okay,, cool you are on that fix.... sorry I was just wondering how you were going to get this action with what you are showing, Ya a mechain shop can get that for you... okay waiting for the out come, please P.M. and show me what it looks like..... thanks

praztek
06-22-2008, 02:55 AM
Hello,

Has there been any progress on getting these to market? I'm interested , since being a beginner !

Thanks

praztek
06-22-2008, 04:53 AM
Sounds great, would be interested in pricing as well.

Thanks