PDA

View Full Version : Pulse XT 25e on floats

clt12981
10-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Well here she is, on Floats.

Time to see how the Pulse XT 25e does on the water.

Set Up: Pulse XT 25e, E-Flite Power 25 motor, Castle 60 amp
esc, E-Flite 3200 3s 20c battery, AR6200 Receiver, HT225mg Servos,
E-Fite 25 size Floats, 12/10 apc prop. 5lbs 10oz

Bad news, wind blowing 10 to12mph cross wind take off or look straight into the sun on take off. A little concerned about the 25 getting it off the water. Well wrong again! Add throttle, tracks straight across the water, Full throttle she comes off the water no prob. Climb to 100ft while making turn back. Straight and level, no trim adjustments again, same trim as no float flying, nice. Try big loop, no probs at all. Try tight loop no probs. Roll left roll right no probs. Seems to roll better with floats on then without them. Point nose up, snap roll, nice. Snaps nicely then just hangs there in the air inverted for a couple secs then comes out no probs. Lets push this, inverted loop, makes it over the top no probs and pulls back level at bottom and rolls out.

Well I don't want to do this, but time to land. Remenber, cross wind or look into the sun. She comes down, levels out fighting cross wind.
1 small bounce, 2 small bounces final bounce just about stopped, cross wind catches it on final bounce and flips it over. Luckly the wind is blowing in to us. No need to get boat to retrive. 2 minutes and she at shore line. Take her home and dry her out, esc has been water proof.

Well concerns about 25 semi unfounded. Had enough power to do all stunts, however need at least 3/4 throttle if not more to do. Was using 12/10 prop, only becase didn't have a good 13/6.5 prop. Have to remenber about fighting the wind to. Will probably put a 32 in her.

Nice flying plane, no complaints, she's a keeper. http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Chuck

Angler-Hi
10-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Awesome job Chuck! Now stop posting pics before I have to go out and buy one:p>.

Mike

RocketMan
10-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I have that Pulse XT 25e on my 'most wanted list' and was wondering if the Power 25 would cut it. From your description it seems underpowered. Is the Power 25 adequate with the floats off?

Rick

clt12981
10-08-2008, 08:21 PM
No prob flying the 25 with floats, I tend to push to the limit, thats just me. The 25 without floats is awsome!!

Chuck

clt12981
10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Well I broke down and put a 32 in the PXT/Floats. Stayed 4200mah3s battery with 14/8.5 prop. Wanted better slow flight characturistics and brute torque, it worked. Will do straight up vertical till it's to small to tell direction. Flat spin from snap rolls and flips easly done.

My youngest, a Navy pilot, is home on leave. We take my Beaver and PXT down to the lake. I hook up with my son on the buddy box to fly the Beaver. I take it off, trim it out and give it to him. Not bad only had to take it back once. Not keeping track of time, LVC, he's flying low in a 15mph wind. I take it back but can't get it turned all the way back into the wind. It hits hard on the left float and noses over. Well get the boat out to retrive Beaver. No damage, just straighten float gear and dry out.

Another day done and we survived it again.

Chuck

pvtzemerak
10-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Sorry to hear about that chuck. I love float planes, i always wanted to put my supercub on flaots but i had a fear of what happened, and scince my dad and i dont have a boat, we couldnt go get it. And the lake near us is surronded by trees.
Good luck
~pvt