PDA

View Full Version : Looking to purchase a radio system

stafphoto
08-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Hello I am looking for a complete micro radio system either futaba or a brand that would work with futaba 4 or 6 channel and trying to stay at $120 or less. Thanks Jason

no longer need found what i wanted

EpoweredRc
08-10-2005, 06:43 AM
Hello I am looking for a complete micro radio system either futaba or a brand that would work with futaba 4 or 6 channel and trying to stay at $120 or less. Thanks Jason

Do you have a Transmitter allready and just need servos and a receiver?

if your answer isyes then try Tower Hobbies they have flight packs thats come with 3 hitec HS-55 servos with a Electron 6 reciever.you can purcase another servo (if you need 4) for about $20 more dollers the flight pack is around $99.00

I use this stuff everyday works great.

stafphoto
08-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Nope no transmitter I need it all.

EpoweredRc
08-10-2005, 07:07 AM
Nope no transmitter I need it all.

Oh,well thats going to be more.So you want everything but you want a micro system right? I have never seen anyone sell a TX and a micro system.Maybe a optic 6 radio there around 150 I think but I dont think you will find everything for under the prince your looking for.

stafphoto
08-10-2005, 04:16 PM
I know I may have to sepnd more I am just tryin gto find out what people have and how much they want.

rcers
08-10-2005, 04:25 PM
I have never seen anyone sell a TX and a micro system

Well I know of some that do!

Here is what I recommend:
www.servocity.com
Look at the Hitec Flash 5 systems - you can custom configure what equipment it comes with!
If you can spend just a bit more look at the Optic 6 systems.

Really try to keep with the computerized systems as they will grow with you as you get more planes and stuff!

If your budge is fixed at $120 you will have to look at the laser systems.

Hobby lobby sells micro flight systems as well:
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/hitec.htm

Make sure you call Servo city to order. Make sure they have stock (their site isn't always the best at showing in or out of stock situations)!

Mike

rcers
08-10-2005, 04:26 PM
BTW used is a very good option. I just saw an Optic 6 go for $130 shipped......

Mike

stafphoto
08-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the tips guys I'll take a look at the sites and see what I can find.

EpoweredRc
08-10-2005, 05:16 PM
BTW used is a very good option. I just saw an Optic 6 go for $130 shipped......

Mike

but was it with micro servos and receiver? Most systems come with standard stuff.but as rcers pointed out looks like you can get custom systems.I didnt knwo that thanks rcers for the info.Your looking for what people use.My self I really like Hitec.As I have the old Hitec Prisam Radio and my father has thenew Hitec Eclipse both are great radios but the Eclipse is a $210+ radio with the sysenzer in it.

stafphoto
08-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Looks like a good site you can choose standard or micro systems. Plus a few diff types of each servo which will make the price go up or down depending on which servos you choose from.

rcers
08-10-2005, 06:15 PM
but was it with micro servos and receiver? No it wasn't, but that can be purchased separately.

I have seen the New Optic 6 with Spectra selling for as little as $139! Yow! Great deal.

Look around there are plenty of deals.

stafphoto
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Will do. If anyone knows of places were I can find things cheap please let me know.

JPriami
08-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm looking at maybe a new radio also. I have been looking at the Futaba 7CA. Can it be used for both heli's & planes?

EpoweredRc
08-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Futaba 7c Radio has
Basic Menu Basic Menu
10 Model Memory
6-character model naming
Dual rate/exponential
End Point Adjustment
Sub trims
Servo reversing
Trim
Adjustable throttle cut
Fail Safe (in PCM mode only)
Trainer system
Throttle curve normal (5 points)
Pitch curve normal (5 points)

Airplane Advance Menu

3 programmable mixes
Flaperon
Flap trim
Air brake
Elevator to flap
Flap to elevator
V-tail mixing
Elevon mixing
Aileron to rudder
Snap Heli Advance Menu

Throttle curve (5 points, Idle up 1 & 2)
Pitch curve (5 points, Idle up 1 & 2)
Revo mixing
Gyro
Hovering throttle
Hovering pitch
Throttle hold
Offset
3 Programmable mixesFutaba's Website
http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/index.html

Hope this helps.

stafphoto
08-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Yes it can be used with helis also. check out the website www.futaba-rc.com (http://www.futaba-rc.com) they have all the info you will need.

JPriami
08-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Whats better, the Futaba 7CAP or the HiTec Eclipse 7? Will the Hitec do the CCPM on heli's?

stafphoto
08-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I would check out futaba-rc.com for info on that radio and servocity.com for info on the hitec radio but yes it looks like the hitec would work well for helis to.

Tom Frank
01-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Whats better, the Futaba 7CAP or the HiTec Eclipse 7? Will the Hitec do the CCPM on heli's?
The Futaba 7CHP is better suited for helis... has same programming ability as 7cAP, but defaults to the heli menus and has two switches swapped for easier use with helis and the throttle stick has no detents (smooth action) better suited for helis.