PDA

View Full Version : Arrrggh 2 mid airs in a row,what are the odds?

K CLOSE
10-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Ok, The other day Dad's flying his GWS Zero, I'm up with the PZ Spit. Just horse'in around when BANG! I collide with him mid-air, with the Spitty's prop shearing off the Zero's left elevator (just missed the crontrol horn). Luckly we were high up, so I slap the Spit on the ground and run over and catch the fluttering elevator piece. Stupid Zero doesn't even seem to notice it's been hurt, and Dad lands with out a hitch. Remarkably little damage considering, and we remark on the odds against hitting up in that huge sky.
So the next time were out it is a perfect day. NO wind, sunny and warm fall day here in NY on last Monday and wifey said I could go. Went flying for 5 hours, useing every battery I have-even some of the old NiMh's , and having a BLAST. It's getting late when I sneak in one last flight with my old 4Ch converted Scorpio ME-109. Dad decides to join me with his GWS ME-109. Flying lazy circles in the fadeing light, enjoying the fall colors,when I notice I'm near Dad. I remember the Zero and think " I better get away from him" bank a hard left and yank up. STRAIGHT INTO DADS 109! I could have sworn I was in front of him. I was so sure. The beefy ol' Scorpio shattered that super light-weight GWS, snapping the tail and wing clean off. Parts just fall like stones, linked by servo wires and control wires. CRUNCH. AAARRRUUUUGGGHHH.:{:sad::blah:
I mean WHAT ARE THE FREEKIN' ODDS? I suck. Rant over.:mad:

firemanbill
10-16-2008, 12:50 AM
It's getting late when I sneak in one last flight with my old 4Ch converted Scorpio ME-109.

And there was the mistake.. Never go up for "one last flight" because it usually is! LOL

That does stink Bud, sorry to hear that. Look at the bright side though, odds are it won't happen again next time!:D

K CLOSE
10-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Got a chance to post some pic's of the carnage. First two photos are from about an hour before the "When Olaf met Gunther" incident. :{ The last two are what fell from the sky after that sickining:blah: crunch sound.

Lieutenant Loughead
10-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey man -- take joy in the excitment and glory of the way she went down!

She'll fly again. :)

stevecooper
10-18-2008, 12:34 AM
K CLOSE::Let me get this right,,, your say'in the Fokker that hit you was a Messerschmidt:rolleyes:????:DHaHaaa!Bub steve

K CLOSE
10-18-2008, 03:08 AM
Thanks LT. It sure was exciteing, although more of a "I think that cars not gonna stop in time" kinda way more than "gee I think she likes me" kinda exciteing.
Steve, Thanks for the laugh. Thats my kinda punny.:Q

CHELLIE
10-18-2008, 03:58 AM
Thanks LT. It sure was exciteing, although more of a "I think that cars not gonna stop in time" kinda way more than "gee I think she likes me" kinda exciteing.
Steve, Thanks for the laugh. Thats my kinda punny.:Q

Try doing some combat Flying, you will have fewer mid airs that way :Q when your trying to hit someone :)

offtom
10-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Amen to That Chellie. :D

CHELLIE
10-19-2008, 08:28 PM
I had a midair today, my little mavrick profile against a big full body I think it was something like a funtana, about a 40 size, my little profile should have turned that plane into confetti :Q :D ;-) I got lucky, I just scraped the rudder of my friends plane, with the underside of my wing, just left a little crease in my wing, hardly nothing, but you could hear the slap when they hit, and we both just kept flying ;) Take care, Chellie

Alpea42
10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
I was flying the "other Plane" LOL. Chellies little Maverik is a giant killer.

son of alpea42
11-19-2008, 04:38 AM
Don't feel bad K close I mid air alot with a Gws E-Starter.I hit a pole, a slow stick(other plane was flying a few minutes after), and a strykerc( it kept flying my e-Starter's tail snaped on impact with stryker and moter ate it).I still ripped the leading edge of his wing up.

FlyingMonkey
11-19-2008, 11:36 AM
I was thinking the same thing as Chellie...

I don't know how many combat sessions I have been in, and the only thing I have been able to collide with, is the ground...