if you have any idea about why, most of the chargers
donīt have fuse or fusible... :(

is it pure strategy..?

Red Scholefield
08-10-2005, 12:43 PM
if you have any idea about why, most of the chargers
donīt have fuse or fusible... :(

is it pure strategy..?

Most have reversal protection as well as short cirucit protection on the output. There really isn't much need for a fuse. And it would add cost.

Jamonraz
08-11-2005, 03:23 AM
my Charger has "reversal protection as well as short circuit protection on the output" So what would happend if a connect my battery or the 12v source in reverse polarity..?
- nothing at all.?
- will i need to replace something.?
i don´t know how "reversal protection & short circuit protection on the output" works, that´s why i ask about fuse :p
Sorry for silly questions, i know there´s a simple answer, but i don´t know it :P, hope you help :)

Thank you
Jamonraz..

Matt
08-11-2005, 05:24 AM
A lot of consumer electronics use self resetting fuses these days. I can't say if that is what these chargers are using, but it is likely. The "poly" fuses go virtually open in an over current condition and then open back up once they cool down and the short is removed.
Matt

Red Scholefield
08-11-2005, 02:35 PM
my Charger has "reversal protection as well as short circuit protection on the output" So what would happend if a connect my battery or the 12v source in reverse polarity..?
- nothing at all.?
- will i need to replace something.?
i donīt know how "reversal protection & short circuit protection on the output" works, thatīs why i ask about fuse :p
Sorry for silly questions, i know thereīs a simple answer, but i donīt know it :P, hope you help :)

Thank you
Jamonraz..

Some chargers will simply not work if connections are reversed, nothing happens. Others will announce the problem, particularly on reversal at the output.

Jamonraz
08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
i have never connected my battery or charger reversed, but i hope that "nothing happen" if i do it in the future. =) thank you very much guys

my charger is: Celectra, e-flite is the manufacturer. working great :)

SargentM
08-19-2005, 02:19 AM
My Apache 2500 is a smart little beastie :D It tells me if I have the polarity reversed on either in or ouput or if It dosent agree with the number of cells I have set it based on voltage.