PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Figures, Radial Engines

Sky Sharkster
01-25-2006, 03:01 AM
Lately I've been having trouble finding the Williams Bros pilot figures in hobby shops. Aside from Hobby Lobby, there aren't too many other suppliers of small (smaller than 1/8th) scale figures. Well, a site I (apparently) didn't fully explore does have'em, nice ones, too. About a dozen figures, WW1, WW11, Navy, British, German, Jet, etc. For some reason they don't list the scale, but they show the figures next to a ruler. Best I can figure the two sizes offered are close to 1/10th and 1/12th. Feel free to correct me if you already have one. They also sell a 6 member matched "Flight Crew" for the Bomber fans! Prices are OK too, $ 3.00 for the little ones and $ 3.60 for the larger. Shipping is $ 6.00 for per order, not item.
Also, Radial engine kits, (simulated) in both 7 cylinder and 9 cylinder versions, each version comes in 3 choices. Full engine kit, Face only (front half) and the WW1 radial, from which you can build either the LeRhone, Gnome or Gleget. Again no scale is given but the diameters range from 2 5/8" to 5 7/8" for the 7 cylinder Wasp and 2 5/8" to 4 1/2" for the 9 cylinder Wasp. The WW1 Radial is a 9 cylinder and measures 3 3/4". Cost ranges from $ 1.50 to $ 12.50.
Oh, did I forget to mention where to get these? Must have slipped my mind!
http://www.darehobby.com/accessories/pilots.htm
Happy hunting!
Ron