PDA

View Full Version : Keep your plane low and close for video...Not

Jaiwill
10-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Hey all,
Was flying the Pitts the other day trying to keep it close and low for video to send to my father (so he wont be looking at a dot for most of it), when i thought a low inverted pass would look good:red::red::red:

max2112
10-26-2008, 03:46 PM
I know exactly how you feel, jaiwill.

I nose planted my favorite foamie profile plane trying to show some flying buddies my skills. Since showboating got my plane crashed, I named it's replacement "Humble Pie"!!:p>

It looks like the breaks are pretty clean on your bipe. Is she fixed yet?:)

pvtzemerak
10-26-2008, 10:33 PM
good luck jai, with some 5 minuet epoxy, should should be up in the air in no-time.

Jaiwill
10-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Thanks Guys,
Yeh she all fixed now. The old girl has had a rough life, I bought it as a RTF the transmitter was faulty from the start (crossover between rudder/elevator). Had more crashes than flights if thats possible. Managed to do what i could for most of them to minimise carnage. Nearly binned it several times on frustration alone.....But perseverance has payed off, all on spektrum gear now never looked back. You cant really see it with that photo but both wings are broken in two places, didnt realise myself until closer examination..

Yes 5 min araldite is my friend, that stuff is awesome. Spread it thinly to keep weight down.:):)

Cheers for now....Darren

gfdengine204
10-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Great to hear you have pulled her back from the depths of the trash bin! Now go try that video again. :)

firemanbill
10-27-2008, 01:11 AM
I know that feeling. I did the exact same thing with my Ultrafly Ultimate Bipe.

Inverted nose dive into the ground trying to make a photo pass for a buddy. A lesson learned the hard way for sure.

Glad to hear you got her all fixed up!:D

Jaiwill
10-27-2008, 05:02 AM
Yeh thanks guys, still have video with sudden ending havent had time to upload it yet. Want to put music to it but not sure how to or what site to do it on. I've had time to join vimeo but thats about it. Oh man not the Ultimate i have one it is the ultimate. Not sure if you can see it in avatar..Maidened her the other day had 2 good flights just needs some trimming. Have all the surfaces on half the recommended throw can't wait for full authority...Not sure i have the correct down and right thrust either will post about that in correct forum shortly... Heres all of 'em... Cheers
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40407