PDA

View Full Version : My Pics are not to big on other forums!

WingTips24
01-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I have been having all types of problems loading the same pictures that I am loading on RCgroups. I am doing an identical build thread on rc groups and have not had any trouble ever loading a single picture.

I know you guys are new and I want to help by putting up some build threads but it's a bummer to run into problems with the pictures. I am hoping the file size will increase. Mine are showing up as way to big. Here is the build thread. The plane is call the JL II

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3134

Any help would be appreciated:)

Tips

TManiaci
01-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I looked at eh properties on the RCG postings... they should fit without issue!

Admin will need to help you there.

BTW... that is one ugly-ass plane :D ... how does it fly?

watt_the?!
01-27-2006, 08:46 PM
i believe that marc at some stage will add an autothumb and resize feature for this.

for interim help microsoft have an auto resize function that slots into your mouse context menu for images that does it automatically for you.

there is alot of merit in controlling picture size wrt the dbase- speed being one of them.

cheers,

Tim.

admin
01-27-2006, 08:56 PM
you can resize with many of the tools available before uploading. RCU and RCG have a no size limit feature which is on the table here to do. I had expected it to be done by now but the code is a bit nastier than anticipated with Vbulletin and requires a degree of customization that nobody has done yet on this new version.

I will likely try to do it myself again but have not had any quiet time in the past few months to complete this and it was not high on the priority list since resizing locally prior to upload is fairly easy and also eliminates upload timeout errors especially for dialup users.