PDA

View Full Version : Brushless motor ideas for battle bot

battlebot08
11-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm building a battle bot (floorsweeper) and am looking for a wepon motor. A floor sweeper is just a big bar of metal that goes around close to the ground. The bar on my bot weights 5 lbs and i want to spin it close to 7,000 rpm. So i need a brushless motor that will have enought torque to spin up a bar this heavy. I need recommendations, Thanks.

HoaRC
11-15-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm building a battle bot (floorsweeper) and am looking for a wepon motor. A floor sweeper is just a big bar of metal that goes around close to the ground. The bar on my bot weights 5 lbs and i want to spin it close to 7,000 rpm. So i need a brushless motor that will have enought torque to spin up a bar this heavy. I need recommendations, Thanks.

what is your power source/battery, my friend? how many volts/amps?

mpotter187
12-24-2008, 02:42 AM
Also what is the weight of spinner would be nice desired spin up time etc would be needed as well. You are very likely to need a gear box as well, and some very strong components in the drivetrain.

You may want to check out here as well this is pretty much the primary forum for most battlebots related stuff, even allot of builders that were on Battle bots TV show frequent there.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/THERFL/start