PDA

View Full Version : LOCAL PICKUP W/PA Mustang See-Through model

Bill G
12-22-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm saying local pickup, as I got this for free, but it's bigger than I care to bother to ship for free. Probably not worth someone wanting to send shipping money for it, but if anyone really wants to send shipping money, I'd ship it. I have no idea what they go for normally.

This is a clear see though P51 Mustang model, that seems to be all there in the box from what I can tell.

Grasshopper
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Heck Bill, with your skills, you could turn that in to an RC build with retracts. You'd have the only clear P-51 around.:D

Bill G
12-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Heck Bill, with your skills, you could turn that in to an RC build with retracts. You'd have the only clear P-51 around.:DIt's heavy.:eek:
There are some micro folks on RCG that were making tissue/WBPU fuses from plastic models like this.
Have you seen the little 12" foamie FF warbirds out now? They would be ideal for Toki muscle wire servos and things like the PKZ brick or other sub-micro gear.

I just got a 16" Dumas Peashooter flying well with a Park180 and Toki 0.8gm servos at around 80gms AUW. These little jobbies are possible to convert now.

cbatters
12-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Looks like a fun project for me and my son. Happy to pay shipping if you don't mind taking a run to the post office.

PM weight estimate and paypal account info and I will be happy to send funds.

Clint

Heli Jim
12-25-2008, 07:05 PM
You should have a lot of fun with that kit. IF I remember right, it has two motors in it and one runs the prop and the other retracts the landing gear.

I built one a long time ago and yes, it was neat!!

If you hadn't taken it, I was going to. Enjoy!!!

phupper
12-25-2008, 10:57 PM
lol

It's the first thing that came to mind, don't ask me why.

cbatters
12-25-2008, 11:32 PM
You should have a lot of fun with that kit. IF I remember right, it has two motors in it and one runs the prop and the other retracts the landing gear.

I built one a long time ago and yes, it was neat!!

If you hadn't taken it, I was going to. Enjoy!!!

I remember building/painting plastic models as a kid and dreaming about owning an RC plane. Hoping I can get my son into the building side of the hobby as well. (Good eye/hand coordination.)

This plane might just do the trick.

Clint

Bill G
12-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Looks like a fun project for me and my son. Happy to pay shipping if you don't mind taking a run to the post office.

PM weight estimate and paypal account info and I will be happy to send funds.

Clint
I'll have to put the box on the scale. I'll get back to you. Haven't looked here lately, as there usually aren't takers if it involves paying shipping.

cbatters
12-26-2008, 01:46 AM
I'll have to put the box on the scale. I'll get back to you. Haven't looked here lately, as there usually aren't takers if it involves paying shipping.

Thanks - And have a Merry Christmas.

Clint

Bill G
12-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Box is 19.5"x13.5"x3" and 1.75lbs. Will probably be more like 2 lbs, after making the box shipping worthy. I like to add a few pillars inside the box, as well as probably line the inside box walls a bit.

cbatters
12-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Box is 19.5"x13.5"x3" and 1.75lbs. Will probably be more like 2 lbs, after making the box shipping worthy. I like to add a few pillars inside the box, as well as probably line the inside box walls a bit.

PM paypal address and I'll send USPS Priority payment for 3 lb to MA.

Many thanks from me and my son.

Clint

Bill G
12-27-2008, 03:07 AM
PM paypal address and I'll send USPS Priority payment for 3 lb to MA.

Many thanks from me and my son.

Clint
I'm not a Paypayer as of yet. I've taken PO money orders in the past, which work well as you can take care of shipping at the same time at the PO.

As for here, I have a small motor currently in the mail as a donation to Chellie, and just gave away an ESC in the ESC forum a few weeks back.

I'd probably have an RCG trader rating of 50, but BH kept knocking me off there and I got tired of starting over constantly. Not putting stuff there anymore.

cbatters
12-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm not a Paypayer as of yet. I've taken PO money orders in the past, which work well as you can take care of shipping at the same time at the PO.

As for here, I have a small motor currently in the mail as a donation to Chellie, and just gave away an ESC in the ESC forum a few weeks back.

I'd probably have an RCG trader rating of 50, but BH kept knocking me off there and I got tired of starting over constantly. Not putting stuff there anymore.

No worries. PM adddress and I'll either send a money order or just toss cash in an envelope. (I am the trusting sort especially when someone is doing me a favor. ;) )

Clint

Bill G
12-27-2008, 04:54 PM
No worries. PM adddress and I'll either send a money order or just toss cash in an envelope. (I am the trusting sort especially when someone is doing me a favor. ;) )

ClintDon't have your zip. Basically a larger than 12"x12" package at 2 pounds. My zip is 16127. Plug in yours, 2lbs, and box size, and the rate will show up.

Here's the USPS postage calculator link:
http://postcalc.usps.gov/

cbatters
12-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Don't have your zip. Basically a larger than 12"x12" package at 2 pounds. My zip is 16127. Plug in yours, 2lbs, and box size, and the rate will show up.

Here's the USPS postage calculator link:
http://postcalc.usps.gov/

All set. Just PM me your address and I'll send you funds to cover priority postage.

Thanks,

Clint

Bill G
12-28-2008, 02:46 AM
All set. Just PM me your address and I'll send you funds to cover priority postage.

Thanks,

ClintWe'll do.

Edit: Gone to CBatters.