PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho T-33 motor on a corsair?

RodneyR
02-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey guys..I'm interested to know of anyones experiences with the Kyosho T-33 ducted fan and the motor that comes with it. What batteries used? what speed controls? etc? I have the motor lying around and thought it might pull my thrice rebuilt corsair pretty well...She's gettin a little "poxy-weight" :rolleyes:. I plan on brushless soon, but thought since it was right there, and supposed to be a hot motor, well you know how these things get started...

St. Martin
02-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Rodney, could you be a little more specific with the corsair? AUW, WS..

Steve

RodneyR
03-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey Steve sorry for the delay in my response...I've been busy getting ready for a swap meet that was on yesterday. And you know, one of the first things I sold was the motor and the ducted fan unit it's from. So I guess now I gotta go brushless. The plane is a gws corsair that I fly with out landing gear. It weighs around 19oz. with a 9.6v 1100 mah nmh battery. flys reasonably well but the gear box is "kaputt" and she does have a little extra to pull around. Hey thanks again for the input and sorry for the lengthy response time.

Rodney

St. Martin
03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Rodney, no problem. I understand. The best thing you can do for those foamy warbirds, is to lighten them. Doing this by substituting a small outrunner and a 1500 3s lipo, will give the lighter airframe more durability, vastly increased performance, and several 5 min flights or more. A local had a GWS corsair and used a 400 PARK outrunner, a 1500TP-3s, and a 9-8SF prop. The plane was totaly fun to fly at only half thrtl. With a little breeze, you could set it down where ever you pleased.

Good luck

Steve