PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Suggestion...

Heidelberg Germany Flyer
02-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Please consider developing these 2 new forums:

Airplane Models...

(List a model's name as the thread title for open discussions on building, flying, buying, etc., that Airplane model.)

Glider Models...

(List a model's name as the thread title for open discussions on building, flying, buying, etc., that Glider Model.)

Suggestions, cautions, sharing ideas, modification efforts, failures, success stories, construction problems, recommendations for improvement, balance efforts, flying recommendations, power arrangements, prop trials, etc., could be discussed for each model on a continuous basis.

Pictures of each model would add to the effectiveness...

For example: If in this new forum Airplane Models... a thread were titled "ThreeDee" I would share how I easily modified one from a high wing 3d flyer to a low wing stunter, and would provide pictures on how I changed the tail and landing gear to do it.

HGF

Mike Parsons
02-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Moving to Site Support and Suggestions.

onrecess
02-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Gee, I'm new but I never new (or still know) exactly where to look for a specific model. I think, "Hmm, is an Ultrafly SU27 a foamy? Warbird? Parkflyer? Scale?
I finally just use search, but I find Stryker posts all over.
Seems like a cool forum to me!

admin
02-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Gee, I'm new but I never new (or still know) exactly where to look for a specific model. I think, "Hmm, is an Ultrafly SU27 a foamy? Warbird? Parkflyer? Scale?
I finally just use search, but I find Stryker posts all over.
Seems like a cool forum to me!

Very true...often times a single aircraft can qualify in several categories just as you noted above. The search is great for finding them all and you can always look in the "best" most likely forums.

To answer the first suggestion above...I think right now people start the build threads as you note but do them in the most appropriate topic forum for that particular aircraft.

Heidelberg Germany Flyer
02-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Very true...often times a single aircraft can qualify in several categories just as you noted above. The search is great for finding them all and you can always look in the "best" most likely forums.

To answer the first suggestion above...I think right now people start the build threads as you note but do them in the most appropriate topic forum for that particular aircraft.

Ok, I'll try starting a few threads, as suggested...

Actually I did one when I first started in WattFlyer under SailPlanes, titled Multiplex Easy Glider and have had 624 hits reading it, and it's still going.

Thanks,

HGF