PDA

View Full Version : Multiplex Pico-Jet

Kosh
12-31-2008, 12:55 PM
This is another of the lost video's I found from May of 2007. The Pico-Jet has been discontinued for many years but I found one sitting on a shelf a few years back. With a small brushless setup it did fine with the winds above 15mph that day. Its still in my collection and flown occasionally but because there cant be more than a handful of these left so I dont push it hard.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority have never seen or heard of the plane before because it was discontinued in 2004. With the stock brushed motor it was underpowered and heavy offering short flights.

hHUS8kdao5s

Ben D wing
12-31-2008, 04:23 PM
.....With the stock brushed motor it was underpowered and heavy offering short flights.

Agreed, and maybe this is why Multiplex have re-released their Micro Jet specifically for brushless installations. http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=26634
Anyway, That's a nice video Kosh, but a bit harsh on the old Pico Jet landing on the asphalt like that! :<:
A nice landing though! :cool:

Crash Test Dummy
01-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Nice Pico Jet video Kosh. I do recall that plane but I never owned one.

Ben D Wing,

I'm glad to hear the Micro Jet is going to live on. When did they bring it back out? I have one I don't want to fly for the same reasons Kosh don't want to fly the Pico. I like the white foam too. That way you can paint it any way you want.

CTD

Ben D wing
01-01-2009, 03:39 PM
.....I'm glad to hear the Micro Jet is going to live on. When did they bring it back out? I have one I don't want to fly for the same reasons Kosh don't want to fly the Pico. I like the white foam too. That way you can paint it any way you want.

CTD

It was re-released to the UK market in the late summer last year (2008), but I'm not sure how long it will stay in productioin. I'm very tempted to buy a couple (and a pair of Funjets) and put them away for the future. ;)

Crash Test Dummy
01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Thats not a bad idea. However I think the FJ will be around for a long time. They might improve it some but I don't think it will go away anytime soon. It is so popular and such a great flying plane. I thought I loved my Stryker until I met the FJ. Don't get me wrong I still love the Stryker but it's NO FJ.

I hope they keep the MJ in production. How much can it cost to keep the molds around? I also wish they would bring back the Sonic Liner. I would love to have one of them too. It was a bit high priced at the time as an ARF or RTF but if they offered it without a power system I would have picked one up. I have seen reviews and videos of the Sonic and I think I would love one. I am also in need of a new FJ. Aaaah, so many planes .......so little money, LOL!!

CTD