PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the help...

Starmoon
02-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Sorry I've gone back and forth on what plane I'm getting.....but after MUCH research, I've decided that the Firebird Freedom is the best plane for me given everything.

I'll let you know how the maiden goes.

watt_the?!
02-03-2006, 09:14 PM
please do!! also please post all your thoughts and comments so others can benefit.

Cheers,

Tim

Starmoon
02-10-2006, 02:45 PM
My plane has arrived!!!! the place I bought it from got it to me in just 3 days regular mail. They also put the plane in an extra box and taped the heck out of it to ensure the plane was safe during shipping. Thats a good company. I'll make sure that I post here details of my maiden!!!!

Don Sims
02-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Good luck!

Starmoon
02-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks Don....I have a question about ACT..The DVD says to not fly over light coloured surfaces as it might be confused. Has anyone else experienced this? I live in the "snowbelt" and right now there is no snow...but it worries me. Also, on the top of the transmitter there is a "fuse" type button...I'm wondering what this is used for...its not mentioned...

Jeremy Z
02-10-2006, 06:32 PM
I believe that is the crystal cover. If you pull it out with your fingernail, you'll see your 27 MHz crystal, with the channel number marked on it.

I wouldn't worry about the ACT until it starts snowing. People have reported that the ACT can CAUSE crashes, but this is usually after they've got some experience. I would advise to leave it on for a while. If you find the plane is not doing what you're want it to, turn it off.

Have you maidened yet?

You might want to remove the landing gear and belly-land on the grass. If you mess up a landing, it will be less damaging to land badly in grass than in a parking lot or something.

Starmoon
02-10-2006, 06:48 PM
No maiden yet. Its sitting under my desk just ITCHING to get into the air. I wonder how long the DC charger will take to charge the batt......and thanks Jermey...I'll keep ACT on.