PDA

View Full Version : E-Flight Ultimate

Pietdriver
02-04-2006, 07:27 AM
I just bought a new Ultimate and want to know if there is anything that would be good to do now while I'm building it. I'm thinking of putting crossbrace wires in the wings to stiffen them, what do you think? Also I want to use carbon pushrods.Thanks for any help.

Wayne

Mike Parsons
02-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Wayne,
I am doing the review for this plane now. Dont worry about crosswires as it uses Carbonfiber rods for this purpose. However, a couple of things to look out for is the bottom wing fit to the fuse. It is not mentioned in the manual, but you must sand the wing to match the curve in the TE and LE bulkhead. otherwise you will have a 5mm gap between the wing and fuse.

The second thing is the rudder pushrod is not a straightshot from the rudder to the control horn. It binds bad. I had to move the control horn up and correct the angle of attack from the servo. I know of a few people that have moved the servo outside (similiar to the elevator servo).

Other than those two things, it was a breeze to put together. And unfortunately I dont have a flight report as of yet since it has been rainy and gold here in the southeast.

-Mike

Pietdriver
02-04-2006, 04:31 PM
My apolagies I have the older flat fuse one not the newer one with a full fusalage.

Wayne

Battlemg
02-04-2006, 11:00 PM
And now I know why I have a gap between the wings and the fuselage. I didnt worry too much as I cant tell if it makes a huge difference in the air.

KenK
02-05-2006, 12:27 AM
This should do the trick!!!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312816&highlight=Ultimate+EP+3

Pietdriver
02-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Thank-you very much Ken that link did the trick. Now I'll go remove my ialeron servos and relocate them!

Wayne