PDA

View Full Version : Sig Monocoupe Free Flight Kit NIB

maustin
01-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I've opened the box, but never started it. Includes all balsa parts, plans, scale drawings, photos, rubber, wheels, plastic prop, tissue, everything it came with.

Just don't think I'll ever get to this. Free for cost of shipping to first person interested. You can PM me or reply to board.

Grasshopper
01-10-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm interested. Let me know what shipping will be to 64870.

Thanks.

Oh,,and welcome to Wattflyer maustin.

maustin
01-10-2009, 08:35 PM
It's a 24" wingspan. Sorry, that picture is not very clear.

Priority mail to 64870 is $4.75, How about $5.00 total. I'll charge you a quarter for the packaging :)

maustin
01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Grasshopper, not to put any pressure on you, but there is a fellow interested that is getting ready to deploy to Iraq that would like to take this kit with him.
I am a little partial to a fellow Soldier and know it is nice to have something to unwind with when you get the chance.
Like I say though, I don't want to guilt you too much. :D You definitely have first dibs on this and it's cool whatever you decide :tc:

Grasshopper
01-10-2009, 10:32 PM
By all means let one of our country's finest have it. Wish him all the best for me and send it to him.

sidecar53
01-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Class, grasshopper, pure class.

Grasshopper
01-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Class, grasshopper, pure class.

Thanks sidecar. As much as I love that plane, it's just the right thing to do.

R6_Infantry
01-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I admit it... it's me. And a Hooah!! thanks to you maustin and Grasshopper. I'll send some pics as it gets built maybe do a full pictorial build log if there's time. I really have know idea how much free time I will have as I'm 11B. thanks again

Grasshopper
01-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Have fun with it R6. Maybe when you get back, you can send me a copy of the plans so I can scratch build one. Stay safe while you're deployed.

God Bless you.

R6_Infantry
01-10-2009, 11:13 PM
What a small world, turns out I was in Afghanistan 2006-2007+ under the same unit as maustin.....

maustin
01-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Seriously, what a small world. Can't believe you're headed out again already, R6_Infantry.

That is really classy of you, Grasshopper. It might be a bit of an undertaking for a scratch build, but I'd love to see that done. Send me your address and I will make a copy of the plans and send them to you.

I was thinking this plane might do well with the Vapor guts in it for an rc conversion even!

Take care R6_Infantry and I'll look forward to the pics as you get time.

Wrench66
01-11-2009, 02:34 AM
Seriously cool goings'on over here in the free stuff aisle!
R6 you keep your head down and your eye on our flag.....thanks for what you do for our country out there in the sand box, we don't say how much we appreciate you guys enough. (Virtual handshake inserted here)

Grasshopper.......classy move bro....your red white and blue are showing :)

--Ray

thomdoe
01-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Nice, just so very nice R 6 stay safe from all in my family

MNfly
02-22-2009, 01:12 AM
???? Hmmm I thought all RC stuff and anything but cell phones that could transmit a RF signal was banned in Iraq because of the IED thing? I will have to check on that again
Well I suppose you could build it but not fly it.

R6_Infantry
02-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Baghdad has a RC track called Baghdad international raceway, in addition to this there are many hand launched UAV/UAS that we use there. Afghanistan also has a huge RC club where they fly planes, heli, and cars. Not sure where you are getting your info??? Dont mean to offend but you sound like someone from a command cell who has know clue so it must be wrong or against the rules.

vax6335
02-22-2009, 03:33 AM
Dont mean to offend but you sound like someone from the Air Force who has know clue so it must be wrong or against the rules.

Fixed it for ya ;-) :Q

Slowjohn
02-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Grasshopper IS A Total Class Act especially when it comes to the support of those who have served & those who are serving our great country now.
Thanks once again Hopper!!!

Actually, there are quite a few members here that fit into that category & I'm very proud to know them & deal with them.
Thanks guys!!!

For all you past, present & future servicemen who see this I'd like for you all to know that ya'll have my Deepest Respect & Admiration!!!
Thanks for keeping us all Safe & Free.

Take Care, Stay Safe &
Good Luck to you all!!!

Standing By,
SJ

Voltron
03-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Just thought you would like to see what my buddy Nathan did with a Monocoupe. He converted it to RC using the motor, ESC and servos from his wrecked Parkzone Ember. It flies great. Please excuse the picture quality, it was taken with a cell phone camera.

Voltron

R6_Infantry
03-13-2009, 05:41 AM
Nice, I am going to pick up some OD green covering and give it a military theme.

maustin
03-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Voltron,
I thought it might fly well with the parkzone innards. Do you have any video of your friends monocoupe flying?

Voltron
03-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Voltron,
I thought it might fly well with the parkzone innards. Do you have any video of your friends monocoupe flying?

Hi Maustin,
I don't have any video on it. I don't know if Nathan took any video of it yet. I talked to him yesterday and he said he is thinking of building a second one. He will probably gut out his Vapor for that one. He says he wants to try a couple different things when he builds the second one.

Voltron