PDA

View Full Version : Members Personal website`s

usopa
02-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Hey everyone!

I`m new to the hobby and so far it`s been great, but on no flying days, I`m trying my hand on building a personal website. I was wondering if WattFlyer could create a section for members websites only, I know that if I click on members Avatar I will be able to determine if that member has a website , but that takes alot of time and patience. I`m looking for ideas on how to build a good site. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

zappedalaskan
02-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi Lee,
You can put the URL of your web site right in your signature, where you have the URL for putfile.com. Folks can click on it from any of your posts that way:) I hope this helps,
Jay

watt_the?!
02-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey everyone!

I`m new to the hobby and so far it`s been great, but on no flying days, I`m trying my hand on building a personal website. I was wondering if WattFlyer could create a section for members websites only, I know that if I click on members Avatar I will be able to determine if that member has a website , but that takes alot of time and patience. I`m looking for ideas on how to build a good site. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

the current standard information management system is joomla- formally known as mambo.

its dbase driven so you need mysql. its written open source in php and is free and very well supported.

check it out and see what you think.

i've used it on a number of sites, most notably our national electric flight association....http://www.aefanet.com

Tim