PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Warning that came with E-flite props

rocket_jim
02-05-2006, 06:17 PM
I doubt anyone ever reads the Consumer Warning sheets that come with E-Flite props. Today it's too windy to fly, so I was playing with (exploring the functions and features of) my new Hyperion E-Meter measuring volts, amps, RPM and such on various batteries/motors/props, and now recharging several battery packs I ran down, watching the incoming amps, maH input, voltage, etc. Was recording the data with pen and paper every few minutes, so I happened to read this sheet just for jollies.

"Consumer Warning
Please read these safety precautions and warning before use. Blah Blah Blah!

Please DISREGARD any propellor that appears damaged, shows signs of wear, nicks or cracked......"

Blahs and EMPHASIS mine. Another perfect example of Chin-English!

Bill G
02-06-2006, 04:28 AM
I doubt anyone ever reads the Consumer Warning sheets that come with E-Flite props. Today it's too windy to fly, so I was playing with (exploring the functions and features of) my new Hyperion E-Meter measuring volts, amps, RPM and such on various batteries/motors/props, and now recharging several battery packs I ran down, watching the incoming amps, maH input, voltage, etc. Was recording the data with pen and paper every few minutes, so I happened to read this sheet just for jollies.

"Consumer Warning
Please read these safety precautions and warning before use. Blah Blah Blah!

Please DISREGARD any propellor that appears damaged, shows signs of wear, nicks or cracked......"

Blahs and EMPHASIS mine. Another perfect example of Chin-English!

What amazes me is that it seems people WANT to try out their English. I would be proud of my accomplishments too, if I had a second language. I would not, however, test it out on manuals and warnings, when I had access to fluent writers. I have read threads where credible people had VOLUNTEERED to edit manuals, such as GWS, for free. I personally would be glad to do it. My forum writing and technical writing styles are quite different, as I have writted manuals in the past. I'm convinced they don't want to have the documentation edited.

rocket_jim
02-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Who knows, perhaps they deliberately blew that one word so we'd pay attention to their warnings?? Well, it Could happen!

Bill G
02-07-2006, 04:55 AM
Typos can be entertaining. In a single page on a magazine, I think (2004 or 05 MAN buyers guide?), I saw 2 typos. The first stated that Feigo brushless motors properties include superb rum. I've since bought a number of Feigos, but they never sent the superb rum.
The other was about GWS dusted fans. I guess they're already "dusted" when you get them.

TLyttle
02-08-2006, 02:46 AM
Huh. The only thing I know is that their English is better than my Chinese