PDA

View Full Version : Forsale 1964 Volkswagen Beetle

firemanbill
01-23-2009, 01:26 AM
I have a 1964 VW Beetle sedan with a rag top sunroof. Not original to the car of course but was done very well. I replaced the canvas about 5 years ago, the frame is in perfect shape too. It has early bullet fenders in the front, pull door handles, a W deck lid w/popes nose license plate light, adjustable front beam, lowered front and rear, Interior with carpet and seat covers was redone from the front spare tire cover to the back window about 5 years ago. Period plates, Original Empi bumper bars, reproduction fog lights, D Plate, smoothie wheels and… and… here is the biggie. A 1915cc screamer of a motor in it. Pertronix ignitor II ignition, Norris cam, single Weber 44 carb, Kennedy 1700lb clutch, as well as a few other goodies.

This is a really nice car but it does have some issues. What it needs. Turn signal switch and wiper motor are the two biggest things. And the master cylinder has leaked out completely (probably from sitting so long).

What is good with the car? Everything else!

Manheim Gold list the good value at $6100 excellent at $12500 and show is $16000

I think it is much better than good but not quite excellent. It’ll need some stuff like I mentioned but not too much really.

My asking price based on that is $10,000. This car has been Garage kept for the last 8 years at least and has not even been wet in over 2 years now. There are not many left like this one.

Grasshopper
01-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Why are you selling one of your babies Bill? Making room for a BIG EDF?:D

firemanbill
01-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Yeah that's it!:Q:rolleyes:

Just trying to thin the herd Tom. I have come to the realization that I have too many cars!:o I just don't drive them like I used too and these cars need to be driven. I honestly can not remember the last time this one was out of the garage.:(

vax6335
01-23-2009, 03:23 AM
You can't sell this without getting that 67 finished first!

firemanbill
01-23-2009, 03:24 AM
That's kind of why I want to sell it Andy, so I can put some money into the Ghia and the '67.

vax6335
01-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Post an ad on TheSamba.com , lots of VW people will see it then.

firemanbill
01-23-2009, 03:37 AM
Oh I'm going to. I put it out to my club and here first. I'm stepping into it slowly.:o

MaxAdventure
01-23-2009, 05:24 AM
That's one sweet dub, I think it's time I put mine up for sale too, although I'll hate to see it go, if I do get someone interested and am actually able to give it up....