PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a Fokker DVII kit or ARF

Swedish_Pilot
01-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Hello,

I wonder if someone would like to give me some advice concerning choosing a suitable Fokker DVII parkflyer? I live in Sweden, though it would be good if the plane is easy available or at least present at the European market.

My main requirement is that the plane should have a quite good scale appearance (not directly a v-vinged mini foamie).

Are there any good full build kits available in “parkflyer size”?

Is it price-worthy to buy a full build kit compared to buying an ARF (for example Electrifly’s)?

Which ARF is the most recommended one when considering quality, price and performance?

Thanks in prehand!
/S_P

Bill G
01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
As for the Electrifly version, I don't think you would do better price wise in building one. Pretty much a matter of personal pride in building. They had been on sale recently, and I would have bought one at the LHS, if it wasn't for my personal rule of only 1 or 2 ARFs a year for me. I think one of the advantages in building is that you could build one lighter than the Electrifly or other ARFs. Using less ply, high grade light balsa, and ultralight covering such as Coverite Microlite will produce a lighter, more relaxing parkflyer. My understanding is that the Electrifly WWI planes aren't exactly floaters.

As for kits, I've seen vintage Comet and I believe Guillows had a DVII too, which are sold on Ebay. Seem to be there regularly. I've come close to buying vintage DVII and DVIII kits there a few times. One of those 2 planes is overdue in my WWI collection.

degreen60
02-01-2009, 06:35 PM
If you want a GP one that is all ready to fly, just add battery look here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=994001