PDA

View Full Version : first 400 size scale whirly bird

wickedwelder
02-12-2009, 09:50 AM
ive decided to take the plunge and go 400 ish scale i know there are tons of fuslage but what do you big copter guys think about using a blade 400

Twmaster
02-12-2009, 10:34 AM
That is a good reasonably price platform to learn on. The only real problem with that heli is weak servos. Replace the three on the cyclic with Hitec HS-65HB's and life is good.

The big bonuses about the B400 is parts. They are reasonable to buy and just about every LHS worth it's salt stocks or can get you parts in a hurry.

Hard to beat a decent 400 sized bird that comes with a 2.4GHz computerized radio for the price.

BTW, Todd's models has the best price on these going. Join his club (it's free) and then see the price. Last I saw it was a smidge less than $400 plus shipping.

Twmaster
02-12-2009, 10:37 AM
And one more thing....

If all you've been flying are coax birds... a CP heli will be a rude shock.

I, and many others, strongly suggest you follow the RADD'S (http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html) method to learn to fly.

wickedwelder
02-12-2009, 10:56 AM
very cool advise i can fly cp but im a not a pro yet im going to get my scale bird in the next 2 weeks ill keep ya up to date + plus i gotta trim and paint the killer body i got in mind

Twmaster
02-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Well alrighty then! If you are flying CP birds now I'll shut the heck up!! ;)