PDA

View Full Version : hello everybody

knute42
02-10-2006, 02:28 AM
I am not new to rc,but i am new to electric flight:confused:
So with that said i have 4 ch tx i am trying to use on a plane.
It has 400 brushed motor and a 15 amp esc ,micro servos and rec all futaba.Everything hooked up right to my knowledge but can`t get motor to arm..servos working fine, throttle in the down pos still nothing any help

Sky Sharkster
02-10-2006, 03:15 AM
Hi Knute, welcome to Wattflyer! I don't know about Futaba ESC's but there are a few that have to be armed with the throttle in the "On" position (motor will not start), then turned to "Off", wait for either a beep or L.E.D. flash, then it will work normally. If that doesn't work, check that the ESC lead is in the "Throttle" port of your receiver, not the "Battery" port. Is the motor battery fully charged? After that I'm out of suggestions!
Good Luck
Ron

RUSH
02-10-2006, 04:20 AM
Some more suggestions: If you're using a Futaba radio, you probably have to reverse the throttle channel. If that's not the problem, then perhaps your throttle trim is set too high? Try to lower the trim below the halfway point.

knute42
02-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Thanks for all of your suggestions. It turns out that the throttle had to be in the "on" position first. I appreciate all of the input!!!!

Jeremy Z
02-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Some ESCs want to see full throttle, then zero throttle before they will arm. This establishes the range of throttle, and allows the ESC to give maximum resolution. (Electrifly 25)

Other ESCs need only be powered up with throttle at zero, and after a couple seconds, they arm. (ex. Castle Creations TB-9, TB-18 brushless)

Glad you figured it out.

Don Sims
02-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the site knute!