PDA

View Full Version : Formation Flying, RC style

firemanbill
03-22-2009, 03:32 AM
What a great morning we had! My Buddy Phil has a flycam one now and we have been experimenting with some different things. Today we mounted the camera on the wing of his 1/4 scale Hangar 9 J3 Cub facing to the rear. I was flying my Waco (of course) in chase mode.

Here is what we got. Not the best but it was our first try. Trying to stay behind, and what you think is in the camera eye, is a lot more difficult that it may seem. I particularly like where you can see me landing my Waco towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRFd97qoZbY

dmmalish
03-22-2009, 03:49 AM
nice video bill

gfdengine204
03-22-2009, 03:52 AM
Yeah Bill, that is a cool video. Very sweet point of view.

gramps2361
03-22-2009, 03:57 AM
Nice video Bill ya got a nice place to fly out of to.

I was waiting to see some puffs of smoke coming from your plane looks like ya got in positon to shoot the cub down a couple of times.:D

Don Sims
03-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Great video Bill. Good landing on your part!

firemanbill
03-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys. It was sure a lot of fun!

We are looking to get a better camera to make better quality videos. Maybe one of those small HD type camcorders. Both planes are big enough to carry one for sure.

dmmalish
03-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys. It was sure a lot of fun!

We are looking to get a better camera to make better quality videos. Maybe one of those small HD type camcorders. Both planes are big enough to carry one for sure.

I like the way you think that is what i would like to do also i'm halfway thinking of mounting my sony digital cam corder on top of my electristar but i think it ways over a pound but if i can get it positioned right i don't think it would be a problem now you got my wheels turning :roll: again stay tuned.