PDA

View Full Version : Texas Area Clubs?

TxDragin
03-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Wow... Is there any one here from Texas?? ????

max2112
03-23-2009, 02:36 AM

Hi, TD! First of all, WELCOME to WattFlyer!!

It's always great to see new faces. Especially when they're just up the road. :)
There are several TX members on WattFlyer, and I have read about several events in the DFW area in the past.

Best of luck and hopefully more folks will chime in.

MadMonkey
03-23-2009, 02:40 AM
Present! I'm not too far from you here in Grapevine :)

TxDragin
03-23-2009, 02:40 AM
Hi, TD! First of all, WELCOME to WattFlyer!!

It's always great to see new faces. Especially when they're just up the road. :)
There are several TX members on WattFlyer, and I have read about several events in the DFW area in the past.

Best of luck and hopefully more folks will chime in.

Ft. Hood. WOW Howdy neighbor. I would love to get into the local R/C scene. I have been looking for area events but as of yet I haven't found any. :{ But I will not be deterred. :cool:

TxDragin
03-23-2009, 02:42 AM
Present! I'm not too far from you here in Grapevine :)

Hi Grapevine!! How do you like this freakin WIND today? lol I tried to fly early this morn but the wind came up to speed fast. Let me know if you hear of any area events bro.. I will do the same. :tc:

Good to meet ya.

rcers
03-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Here also - fly at the 114th in Grapevine and small stuff in Trophy club....

You OK with Grapevine? Won't find a better club. Not sure if Denton is closer.

TxDragin
03-23-2009, 02:46 AM

I would love to come see some flying but it is a lil bit too far for me to drive on a regular basis. Let me know when yall are going to have a fly-in or something. I would like to meet some area flyers.

Good to meet ya rcers.

groundrushesup
03-23-2009, 02:50 AM

Yeah there are quite a few of us - but I know there are plenty of flyers that don't use this forum in the DFW area. Check ut your local hobby shops for info.

TxDragin
03-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Yeah there are quite a few of us - but I know there are plenty of flyers that don't use this forum in the DFW area. Check ut your local hobby shops for info.

Thanks bro. I have been checking around. Just wanting to get a wass up from my fellow Texas flyers. Wass up bro? :)

Good to meet ya.

groundrushesup
03-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Thanks bro. I have been checking around. Just wanting to get a wass up from my fellow Texas flyers. Wass up bro? :)

Good to meet ya.

Same here mang. If we ever put a central texas flying event together like I want to do we'll be sure to holler up your way :P

TxDragin
03-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Same here mang. If we ever put a central texas flying event together like I want to do we'll be sure to holler up your way :P

Please do let me know. I like road trips. :D

MadMonkey
03-23-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi Grapevine!! How do you like this freakin WIND today? lol I tried to fly early this morn but the wind came up to speed fast. Let me know if you hear of any area events bro.. I will do the same. :tc:

Good to meet ya.

I HATE the wind. I did manage to fly my TRex in the backyard today, but that's about it. Wednesday is looking good, though ;)

Uh oh, I'd better not say anything embarrassing until I find out who you really are... I fly at the 114th too :eek:

Angler-Hi
03-23-2009, 03:12 AM
Welcome to Wattflyer friend! Where is Azle, Texas?

Mike

Angler-Hi
03-23-2009, 03:42 AM
WOW, you're only about 3 hours from me TxDragin. A fly-in should definitely be do-able!

MadMonkey
03-23-2009, 04:15 AM
I would love to come see some flying but it is a lil bit too far for me to drive on a regular basis. Let me know when yall are going to have a fly-in or something. I would like to meet some area flyers.

3DHobbyShop is putting on a fun fly in a couple of months, and we have a float fly coming up.

AFAIK there's no club fun fly events scheduled, but we do have them now and then. You're welcome any time!

Here's our website: http://www.114thrc.org/index.html

Chuck M.
11-01-2009, 02:58 AM
Yes- I am from Wataga Tx.

Chuck M.
11-01-2009, 03:00 AM
I just joined this website yesterday so I am quite new to this type of computer chat stuff.

groundrushesup
11-01-2009, 03:18 AM
I just joined this website yesterday so I am quite new to this type of computer chat stuff.

Well, Chuck, welcome to WattFlyer. We hear you 5x5. :D

I'm from Boerne down in the Hill Country. Watauga is up around Ft Worth, right?

Don Sims
11-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Chuck M., looks like you got posting figured out! Welcome to the site!

Chuck M.
11-24-2009, 03:59 PM
I am building a Balsa USA SE5-A 1/4 scale kit and am making it electric. Have chosen the AXI 5345/18 motor. Does this seem ok, this combination? Any comments, suggestions are very welcome.

rcers
11-24-2009, 04:05 PM
What is the AUW going to be (estimated)?

I am suspecting that motor will be overkill....

edit...

Just pulled up the web site they say 18-20 lbs. If you keep it light (remember electric) you should be able to hit 18lbs.

At that weight - I would way 100-125w/lb - scale would be more like (40w/lb :) ) I would head more in a 10s and this motor:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLM4160A

If you are 18-20 lbs (and plan on that battery being FAR forward so you don't have to add nose weight) I think that would be much better.

Although you could argue the weight may be needed anyway.

Mike

DaveG99
12-17-2009, 05:49 AM
texas checking in. I fly mostly at renner field. Its an un official field at george bush turnpike and renner rd

radialarm
12-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Howdy and welcome to Wattflyer!!! We can't be too far apart. Azle is only 12 miles from Boyd!:D

I ran across these guys last week!

http://www.springtownrcc.com/

I haven't been to visit them yet, but I met one of their members in the hardware store last week!

texasclouds
12-17-2009, 04:45 PM
i'm in Bryan, Texas. Fly at the north side of Veterans Park in the evenings.

Angler-Hi
12-17-2009, 06:34 PM
i'm in Bryan, Texas. Fly at the north side of Veterans Park in the evenings.

Where exactly is Bryan? How far are you away from Killeen (Ft. Hood)?

texasclouds
12-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Where exactly is Bryan? How far are you away from Killeen (Ft. Hood)?

Bryan-College Station 1-1.5 hrs?

Angler-Hi
12-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Bryan-College Station 1-1.5 hrs?

Wow...not bad at all. I usually drive down to Fredericksburg to fly with Capt Easy and Groundrushesup. That's only a two hour drive for me. We're gonna have to link up sometime and do some flying!

Mike

texasclouds
12-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow...not bad at all. I usually drive down to Fredericksburg to fly with Capt Easy and Groundrushesup. That's only a two hour drive for me. We're gonna have to link up sometime and do some flying!

Mike

sounds good. i'm ~6 months into rc planes at this point. i'd like to go to some of the local anual events this spring to see what the big boys are doing (i'm only flying parkflyers at this point).

january i'll be hitting my mountain models cub kit build, and i think santa is bringing me an e-flite p-40 300. i really like being able to hit the sky at a park or any available open spot.

Angler-Hi
12-17-2009, 09:30 PM
LOL...I was just looking at the E-Flite P-40 on Horizon's site. Not bad for $99.99! Something that doesn't cost much at all to get into the air, and extra batteries would cost next to nothing! I think I might pick one up, lol. Can definitely fly her almost anywhere.

texasclouds
12-17-2009, 10:16 PM
LOL...I was just looking at the E-Flite P-40 on Horizon's site. Not bad for $99.99! Something that doesn't cost much at all to get into the air, and extra batteries would cost next to nothing! I think I might pick one up, lol. Can definitely fly her almost anywhere.

i'll let you know how it goes. i'll post a video too.

Angler-Hi
12-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Nice...sounds good. Good luck friend.

Mike

Slowjohn
12-19-2009, 11:56 AM
There's several of us who fly down here in Palacios. There's clubs 30 miles or so either side of us but from what I've heard they're mostly Glow & Gas powered believing that electrics are only for flying indoors :rolleyes: :Q :Q :Q
One of these days...:ws:

Our main flying field is a tree free 100 acre site that only has a couple of light poles around the smallish parking lot that we use to take-off from.

BTW, if'n ya gots a floatplane, a boat or two...or both,
Come on down,
Tres Palacios Bay/Matagorda Bay is only a 1/4 mile away ;-) :cool:

Standing By,
SJ

Angler-Hi
12-19-2009, 04:32 PM
There's several of us who fly down here in Palacios. There's clubs 30 miles or so either side of us but from what I've heard they're mostly Glow & Gas powered believing that electrics are only for flying indoors :rolleyes: :Q :Q :Q
One of these days...:ws:

Our main flying field is a tree free 100 acre site that only has a couple of light poles around the smallish parking lot that we use to take-off from.

BTW, if'n ya gots a floatplane, a boat or two...or both,
Come on down,
Tres Palacios Bay/Matagorda Bay is only a 1/4 mile away ;-) :cool:

Standing By,
SJ

LOL...I pick up my bass boat at the end of January. I might have to take you up on that, lol.

Slowjohn
12-20-2009, 12:12 AM
LOL...I pick up my bass boat at the end of January. I might have to take you up on that, lol.

I'm almost always ready to go jerk some fish lips ;-) :ws:

Standing By,
SJ

Angler-Hi
12-20-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm almost always ready to go jerk some fish lips ;-) :ws:

Standing By,
SJ

Same here, lol. I was actually out at the lake this morning, but the wind was brutal. Caught one bass in about 5-6 ft of water at about 10 yards off the bank...that was about it though, lol.

texasclouds
01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Same here, lol. I was actually out at the lake this morning, but the wind was brutal. Caught one bass in about 5-6 ft of water at about 10 yards off the bank...that was about it though, lol.

good thing you had the boat...:Q

the p-40 300 from e-flight has been flying great. it will fit in any car. 8 minutes is about the longest i've gotten out of her per charge...using stock equipment. this is running hard 3/4 - full throttle stuff. launching/landing is easy too.

http://www.wattflyer.com/photopost/data/500/Photo055b.jpg (http://www.wattflyer.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6323)

Angler-Hi
01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
That's awesome friend, congrads!! Any chance to make a video yet?

Mike

texasclouds
01-04-2010, 10:35 PM
That's awesome friend, congrads!! Any chance to make a video yet?

Mike

no video yet, but i'll drag the wife out to get one :Q

luckely, it comes with a prop/nose-cone spare for those idots that don't check aileron servo direction prior to maiden :blah: that results in a nose dive back to earth :sad: ...if that happened to me :roll: i'd be pleased to find the foam fuselage can take a licken and keep on ticken :ws:

Angler-Hi
01-05-2010, 01:19 AM
no video yet, but i'll drag the wife out to get one :Q

luckely, it comes with a prop/nose-cone spare for those idots that don't check aileron servo direction prior to maiden :blah: that results in a nose dive back to earth :sad: ...if that happened to me :roll: i'd be pleased to find the foam fuselage can take a licken and keep on ticken :ws:

Well it's good to know she's a solid bird. I know what you mean about dragging the wife out for some video:D. Been there several times, lol.

meduren
03-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Georgetown (just north and way to the right of Austin) Texas here, GAMA club

Cwpowell
04-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Howdy from Cypress N/W Houston.

nytestalker
04-23-2010, 05:10 AM
If you're from El Paso, TX or Las Cruces NM
Check this site out.
http://desertratsrcclub.ning.com/

Merritt
09-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Texas folks unite!!

Merritt
09-21-2010, 03:18 AM
Round Rock Texas Aeronuts are here!

texasclouds
09-21-2010, 02:24 PM
For my fellow Texans...if you like Clancy Aviation...here are a couple Big Bee build threads you may want to checkout on rcgroups:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279471

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1243263&highlight=big+f+n+bee

Mine (Bryan, TX) is the 60" size and Click the Pirate (Grand Prairie, TX) is doing the 120"

Cdr. Instigator
09-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Houston in the House!!

DanWard
09-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Deer Park reporting in

RonR214
10-30-2010, 04:59 AM
Another Dallas check in here. DEAF RC, we fly at Eastfield Community College. See www.deaf-rc.org for map to the site. Will also find info for 2 Dallas Rec Center indoor sites.

Ron

Arkitexas
12-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Bryan, Texas

I fly small to medium electrics at the TAMU polo/soccer field, the Riverside Campus, various city parks (if unpopulated), and around my yard.

Rick

texasclouds
12-21-2011, 02:03 AM
Bryan, Texas

I fly small to medium electrics at the TAMU polo/soccer field, the Riverside Campus, various city parks (if unpopulated), and around my yard.

Rick

You Need to come fly with us in wixon Valley just 10 min from Bryan. Flybvrc.org

RonR214
12-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Texasclouds, need to fix the club address. I tried that and it doesn't work, but Flybvrc.com does work.

Closer than I was above as I entered the wrong club for ours.

Good flying,

Ron

raover
12-21-2011, 03:19 AM
Sugar Land here.

dahawk
12-21-2011, 03:45 PM
If you're in the DFW area, check out the 114th RC Aero Squadron. Nice club. Freindly and helpful members:http://114thrc.org/

-Hawk

Epowerreg
12-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Part of another club but they never use this site. Only one person flying there and guess who? Fly anything thats quiet.

303 across from Big daddys

Battery at Juno.com email me

RonR214
01-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Epowerreg, is that just East of Oakridge school and on the North of 303?

Thanks,

Ron

BigO
04-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Is anybody close to Brady Tx

dahawk
04-15-2013, 02:03 AM
Fellow Texans,

If you're in the the DFW area next weekend, we are hosting the 5th 3DHS Flow-low in. Runs from Friday to Sunday. Open flying.

3DHS will be showing off some new gear and there will also be a raffle.

Good food. Lots of fun.

Come join us !

-Hawk