PDA

View Full Version : WWII Warbirds! Big ones, Little ones, Twins

Sky Sharkster
02-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I have to credit Bassmanh for reminding me to check http://www.rc-dymond.com , been a while since I visited that site. Seems I overlooked a few 'Birds there and they have some new (to me, anyway) models too.
Big Birds (Listed under "Gas/Glow")
AT 6 Texan ARF $ 139.00
Corsair F4-U ARF $ 159.00
Bearcat ARF $ 139.00
All three feature hand-crafted balsa and ply construction. Rib caps and "D" Tube wings, dual aileron servos required. Oracolor covering, Fiberglass/painted cowl, epoxy-coated engine compartment. Full hardware. Suggested glow size 40/50 two stroke, 52/56 four stroke. Suggestion for Electric conversion is Phasor 45/3 with 70a ESC, 13 x 6.5 APC, 14 sub-c cells. The Bearcat + Texan are 57" W.S., the Corsair is 55". All about 500 sq/in area. Weight 5-6 lbs. Fixed L.G. provided, retracts available.
Micros (Listed under "Slow Park Flyers")
Spitfire, Mustang P 51D, BF 109, F4U-1 Corsair. This is an interesting bunch; Some are listed as "rubber-powered", some for Co2 or Max 1 Electric motor w/11o mAH 8 cell NiCad, and the Spitfire requires a geared 350! W.S. about 25-27", weights vary from 4 oz to 10 oz. Prices vary too, $99.95 for the Spitfire, $ 59.95 for the Corsair, $ 39.95 for the Mustang, a measley $ 34.95 for the Messerschmidt. Go Figure!
Twins (Listed under " Special E Airplanes")
P 38 Lightning $ 279.00 Twin speed 400/480's. This model is listed as being available in either ARF or ARC configuration but only the ARF price is shown. W.S. 56" Fiberglass fuselage and "molded motor gondolas", built-up balsa sheeted wings.
Mosquito $ 279.00 49" W.S. for 2 speed 400/480's 49" W.S. F/G fuselage with "molded motor gondolas". Built-up, balsa-sheeted wings.
Mosquito $ 359.00 63" W.S. for geared 05. Same construction as above.
B 25 $ 289.00 for geared 05 or .15 glow. 60" W.S. Same construction as above.
Catalina $ 229.00. W.S. 47" Weight 3 lbs. Fiberglass fuselage and foam-core, balsa-sheeted wings. (2) 480 size motors or (2) "Typhoon 6" Brushless.
Like they say, "So many planes, so little time!"
Ron

CorsairJock
02-28-2006, 04:19 PM
They need to improve their web-site. I was not able to locate "Gas/ Glow" from the homepage, nor any of the warbirds mentioned.
Actually, I think ALL places should no longer differentiate between fuel powered and electric powered aircraft. With today's technology, ANY aircraft that can be built for fuel power can also be converted to electric power.
I thinks it's a bad idea to have separate category for 'new items'. If youv'e never been there before, it's ALL new.

vax6335
02-28-2006, 06:21 PM
They need to improve their web-site.

I agree. If you click on the info links for most GWS planes, it takes you to a BN2 page. Looks like the site hasn't been updated in quite awhile.

bassmanh
02-28-2006, 07:16 PM
hmmmm,
thats strange guys , i was just there and had no trouble, very easy to find things. i randomly picked items to click on and never had a problem .

SKY, well at any rate you are right they have some good deals and others that seem to be a bit pricey. and as i have said before i have there AT-6 and it is a good flyer with an LA .46 motor fast and agile. loops and rolls are fun on high rates the rolls are so fast its hard to count them ;)

as a side note DYMOND used to be just up the road from me in oshkosh WI until about 3 or so years ago when they moved to california :( i miss being able to stop there after work .

bassman

Sky Sharkster
03-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Hey, guys, you're right! I tried it too, and it's not working like it did a couple of weeks ago. I do have a mistake in the first post, instead of "Glow/Gas", at the bottom of the drop-down, the last item is "engine airplanes". That's where the Bearcat, Texan + Corsair are (the Bearcat is also listed under "Monthly specials" and says "Sold out") . The rest are under "Slow Park flyers" and "Special E Planes" The "Hotliners + Pylon" redirected me to "Slow Park" once, next time it got it right! I just tried every category(in "Airplanes") and eventually found'em all!
Good Luck!
Ron

SKYPILEIT
03-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Those you mentioned are cool,I always wondered why the JK series aren't used more often,they are made for RCCA combat but easily e-converted,inexpensive,fly great and are almost indestructo.I tried several times,they do require lot more work though,in case you wanna look go to:
www.jkaerotech.com (http://www.jkaerotech.com)

SKYPILEIT
03-05-2006, 03:31 AM
Most flyers I know go with the Mustang 'cause of the looks but the Zero and Corsair are two of my favs..and if you have a crash or bad landing,believe me these foamies won't break in half on ya..

Sky Sharkster
03-05-2006, 04:56 AM
Hello SKYPILIET, Do you mean the "Roadkill" series of profile Warbirds? I couldn't get your link to work, this is the closest guess I came up with. If so, the site is http://www.djaerotech.com I should have included these in my "Links" sticky, thanks for reminding me. For those not familiar with these, "Roadkill"s are profile lightweight ARF's, made in three groups, WWI, WWII and Civilian Aircraft.
WWI kits include the Sopwith Camel, Fokker DR-1, Curtis Jenny + Fokker D-VIII. Prices about $ 65.00 to $ 75.00, including all hardware. laser-cut balsa and motor.
WWII kits include the Curtis P-40 Warhawk, Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero, A6M5 Zero, Supermarine Spitfire, Vought F4U Corsair, Messerchmitt 109F, Douglas C-47 Skytrain, North American P-51 Mustang ("D" Model), Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress + Ryan PT-16. Prices (including motor) are about $ 50.00 for the single-engine models, $ 68.00 for the "Skytrain" and $ 125.00 for the "Fort".
Ron

Twmaster
03-05-2006, 05:21 AM
He meant www.jkaerotech.com There is a typo in his link.

Sky Sharkster
03-05-2006, 05:34 AM
To Skypileit, Sorry about that! I didn't know about JKaerotech. Name is so similar to DJAerotech I took a guess!
To Mike, thanks for catching that, I like to keep things straight and my guesswork wasn't up to the task!
Ron

SKYPILEIT
03-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys...I made a non-intentional double post and then forgot to change the typo error on the first....so now I went back and corrected it.They are still in biz and I have purchased 3 different planes from their selection,I have one nearing competion and should be ready within a couple weeks,when I get it done I'll post a pic...till then a hint:its big for a foamie, 51 inch span,about 48 ozs.& all trimmed out in 3 color camo,AXI 2820 for power on huge 3 cell packs.