PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Unclub

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

surfer dude
03-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Just wanted to start thread for our group, Just in case anyone traveling to the Tulsa area wanted to find us, and fly some electrics with us.
The Tulsa Unclub was started because a few guys who did not want to fly with the slimers ended up flying in the same soccer fields, and eventualy met and started flying together.
Unclub
1) always open 24/7/365 (private property with public access and use, soccer fields)
2) No Rules
3) No AMA required
4) No Frequency Board (monitor your own junk)
5) No Politics,(club officers, however James aka smoke johnson, and guy aka Luitenant Laughead, are probably the most pro active at setting up the events.) Thanks Dudes!
6) Fly at your own risk (this means you Brandon Chitty)
7) No Pattern

We are located on the South East corner of 41 St. & Garnett, Way in the back of the complex. We have a Large flying area Big enough for fast planes and EDF. We also have back up fields to fly on, if our main field is being used by the soccer players.

We have about 10 regular pilots, with another 20-30 who show up spuraticaly, or for special events. (ie. night flying, combat, WOOF events)

We may sound a little cold based on the list above, but even though we have no rules. We do practice safe flying. We do help each other, and new people. We do schedual events. We are a great bunch, who enjoy building and flying electric R/C.

Please contact us on Wattflyer if you are comming to the tulsa area, I personaly will make sure you get to fly, even if you can't bring your planes.

Brett aka Surferdude

gfdengine204
03-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Brett,

Great idea setting up a thread for the unClub. I am fortunate to have been welcomed there when I visit family in Broken Arrow. James and Guy have been great in introducing me to the fields.

Hopefully I will get to fly with ya'all again soon!

Gohmer
03-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks
I'll be down there next week for the gun show. Anyone fly there during the week? I'll probably bring a couple of electric warbirds, maybe a Radian if I have room.

Just wanted to start thread for our group, Just in case anyone traveling to the Tulsa area wanted to find us, and fly some electrics with us.
The Tulsa Unclub was started because a few guys who did not want to fly with the slimers ended up flying in the same soccer fields, and eventualy met and started flying together.
Unclub
1) always open 24/7/365 (private property with public access and use, soccer fields)
2) No Rules
3) No AMA required
4) No Frequency Board (monitor your own junk)
5) No Politics,(club officers, however James aka smoke johnson, and guy aka Luitenant Laugerhead, are probably the most pro active at setting up the events.) Thanks Dudes!
6) Fly at your own risk (this means you Brandon Chitty)
7) No Pattern

We are located on the South East corner of 41 St. & Garnett, Way in the back of the complex. We have a Large flying area Big enough for fast planes and EDF. We also have back up fields to fly on, if our main field is being used by the soccer players.

We have about 10 regular pilots, with another 20-30 who show up spuraticaly, or for special events. (ie. night flying, combat, WOOF events)

We may sound a little cold based on the list above, but even though we have no rules. We do practice safe flying. We do help each other, and new people. We do schedual events. We are a great bunch, who enjoy building and flying electric R/C.

Please contact us on Wattflyer if you are comming to the tulsa area, I personaly will make sure you get to fly, even if you can't bring your planes.

Brett aka Surferdude

smokejohnson
03-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Good idea Brett :).

When are we going to schedule a Spring WOOF?

surfer dude
03-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks
I'll be down there next week for the gun show. Anyone fly there during the week? I'll probably bring a couple of electric warbirds, maybe a Radian if I have room.
Gohmer, I get off work by 3:00 everyday, and by 10am on Thur. I'll pm you with my cell phone #. I've been wanting to fly the Radian, I think this will be my next lazy flyer. We fly our gliders from reclining lawn chairs.

surfer dude
03-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Good idea Brett :).

When are we going to schedule a Spring WOOF?

How about the weekend before or after mothers day? We need to check with Tom (grasshopper) to see when the guys from the miami area can come down.

smokejohnson
03-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks

I get off work at 4:00, I'm sure I can sneak off to burn a couple of packs :D. I'll PM you my phone number.

How about the weekend before or after mothers day? We need to check with Tom (grasshopper) to see when the guys from the miami area can come down.

Sounds good to me, I'll send out some PM's.

thunker54
03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey I'm up for a WOOF anytime you guys want to schedule it! I'll bring my little Slow Stick and catch a little video of you pros!!:)

Grasshopper
03-28-2009, 05:58 PM

I'm up for it depending on my schedule.

Just some info, I'm not a Miami Okie, I'm a Missouri Hillbillie.:Q

LipoPilot
03-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Great your putting it all together, but may I ask...what is a slimer???

Grasshopper
03-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Fuel powered planes are called slimers.

LipoPilot
03-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Fuel powered planes are called slimers.

I got ya...thanks I was picturing some stinky fat guy with lipos and a hard hat LOL

MustangMan
Great your putting it all together, but may I ask...what is a slimer???

def: SLIMER = internal combustion engine powered model. Mostly of the "glow plug" variety. Term comes from the fact that the fuel is 1/4 to 1/3 oil, historically castor bean oil, though much of the fuel now uses synthetic oil. The oil does not burn but dribbles out the exhaust and gets blown all over your model. Thus the "Slime" which you'll want to wash off before taking your model home.

Grasshopper
I got ya...thanks I was picturing some stinky fat guy with lipos and a hat hat LOL

Well, there's that too.:D

LipoPilot
03-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Lets WOOF it up....I'm game for airplane streamer destruction. Can I bring the Verfolger too?

fr0g_D
03-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I've got some things in the works that I would like to bring to the next woof and maybe the Superfly will actually perform. Count me in!

smokejohnson
03-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Lets WOOF it up....I'm game for airplane streamer destruction. Can I bring the Verfolger too?

Of course you can. I figure we will just keep the WOOF events a "flung watt ya brung" deal.

I'm up for it depending on my schedule.

Just some info, I'm not a Miami Okie, I'm a Missouri Hillbillie.:Q

Hope you can make it Tom, I always enjoy seeing your planes fly.

Hey I'm up for a WOOF anytime you guys want to schedule it! I'll bring my little Slow Stick and catch a little video of you pros!!:)

I'm still waiting for someone to get some aerial footage of the combat :D.

I've got some things in the works that I would like to bring to the next woof and maybe the Superfly will actually perform. Count me in!

Hope to see ya there. :)

gfdengine204
03-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Aerial footage would be best from a heli, dontcha think? :D

smokejohnson
03-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Aerial footage would be best from a heli, dontcha think? :D

Sure...are you volunteering?

gfdengine204
03-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Sure...are you volunteering?
You know I would....if I had a heli with a camera......:)

surfer dude
03-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Just some info, I'm not a Miami Okie, I'm a Missouri Hillbillie.:QSorry Tom! , I knew it started with an M.:D

I got ya...thanks I was picturing some stinky fat guy with lipos and a hat hat LOL
I don't own a hard hat, but I'm starting to get a complex.

I'm still waiting for someone to get some aerial footage of the combat :D.

We could put a camera on the ground directly under the planes. or we could mount the camera on a stick incase it in foam and put it just under the hard deck, say 10ft up.

Lieutenant Loughead
03-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah, a high resolution camera, pointing straight up would be cool. I have a FlyCamOne2 that I put on my P-38 (or my Stryker) -- two other pilots have FlyCamOne2's at the Unclub Field too. My guess is that the three camera planes could circle the battle, and get all kinds of great footage.

One of our pilots has his FlyCamOne2 mounted on a PVC pipe, so he can hold the camera at altitude, and pan. That might be a good idea during combat as well. :) (Just watch out for the pole, and camera man!)

By the way for those who don't know, WOOF stands for Wattflyers Over Oklahoma Fly-in. You can see some pictures of previous events here (http://karglusa.com/woof2008.aspx), and here (http://karglusa.com/TurkeyWOOF2008.aspx).

The weekend before Mother's Day is the weekend of May 2-3, 2009 -- that weekend works well for me.

The weekend after Mother's Day is the weekend of May 16-17, 2009 -- we are having a birthday party for all three of my kids on the 16th, so I would not be able to attend on this weekend.

However, whatever works best for the group is what we should go with! :cool:

surfer dude
03-29-2009, 10:28 AM
James you must sleep like I do, it's 4am and your on line. I'm up by 3am every day. In the Summer time when it's 100F at high noon, we need to get out and fly at sun up, say 5:30-6am. Or even some nite flying at 4am.:tc:

smokejohnson
03-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Yep...I'm cursed with waking up early too, even on the weekends.

I am always trying to get guys to show up as early as possible to go flying in the summer, I hate being outside past noon when it's hot.

surfer dude
03-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Yep...I'm cursed with waking up early too, even on the weekends.

I am always trying to get guys to show up as early as possible to go flying in the summer, I hate being outside past noon when it's hot.
Ditto

smokejohnson
03-29-2009, 10:51 AM
So when are we going to take turns shootin at my plane with your paint ball gun?

surfer dude
03-29-2009, 11:04 AM
So when are we going to take turns shootin at my plane with your paint ball gun?
I'll bring it with me every time I come to the field. I need to go buy some more paint. You better glue in some foam pieces around your radio gear, if the impact does'nt kill it, the paint will.

smokejohnson
03-29-2009, 11:15 AM
I will use my combat plane that is still flyin on 72mhz so there's nothing on there that cost more than $10 to replace, I'm just going to do it :D. I think that it will be a lot of fun.

surfer dude
03-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Paul and Kenny are going to do the same thing, but with thier High powerd Airsoft rifles 380fps. They are even building special planes just to shoot down. Like they do on rcpowers.com

j4ck4
03-29-2009, 08:07 PM
The second weekend would be best for me, I go to the prison at Boley to minister the first Sunday of every month. But like Guy said whatever is best for everyone. I can miss Sundays activities, or maybe get someone to fill in for me. I haven't missed a Sunday in over a year.

thunker54
03-30-2009, 05:18 AM
The 9th-10th is best for me. Family stuff the next weekend, but I can probably weasel either one in! So whatever!
I hit the unclub today to get a little video of the snow. Found Dave there with a slow stick he'd put skis on - and it flew great!
Here's a little flight I did...
http://www.vimeo.com/3915742/settings

j4ck4
03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
The 9th-10th is best for me. Family stuff the next weekend, but I can probably weasel either one in! So whatever!
I hit the unclub today to get a little video of the snow. Found Dave there with a slow stick he'd put skis on - and it flew great!
Here's a little flight I did...
http://www.vimeo.com/3915742/settings

Thunker

Saw this website and thought it might be something you may want to check out. http://www.2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/aerocam-lite-digital-video-camera-p-2521.html Looks like a pretty good camera and cheaper than the flycam's.

thunker54
03-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Thunker

Saw this website and thought it might be something you may want to check out. http://www.2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/aerocam-lite-digital-video-camera-p-2521.html Looks like a pretty good camera and cheaper than the flycam's.

Jack,
Thanks! I'll bookmark that for when I need to replace one - it does look like a better deal. Just FYI though, Hobby Lobby has recently reduced the FlyCamOne2 to $75... The built in batteries on the FlyCamOne2's are just lousy though...
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/video-camera.htm

j4ck4
03-30-2009, 08:13 PM
I may look into one got a 24" stick built and working on a 48"er.

surfer dude
04-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey Unclub, George aka Gohmer from Minnesota is in town. He came down for the Gun & Knife show, He is a Knife Maker, Smith, Vendor or something like that. Anyway He Brought some of his planes, and is staying Near the flying field. He said He will be out there flying of and on when the weather is good and he's not at the show, So please get out there if you can and fly with him. He has a computer with him and checks wattflyer several times a day. If you want to pm him, he posted on the first page of this thread. He will be here thru Sun. April 5.:tc:

smokejohnson
04-02-2009, 01:55 AM
I am going to come out there tomorrow on my lunch break, 11:00, to burn out a couple of packs. I can't stay long but I am bringing one of my combat planes (hint, hint, hint :D ).

smokejohnson
04-02-2009, 03:03 AM
Then again maybe not...http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KRVS&state=OK

surfer dude
04-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Then again maybe not...http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KRVS&state=OK

Should of been there Smoke, We had Great flying weather, untill about 11:30, the temp dropped 20f and the winds picked up to about 20mph.
I took my combat plane, but you weren't there to shoot down.:D maybe next time. George is camping at the field in his van untill Sun. Go fly wth him. He will be at the knife show everyday between 9:30-6:30, the Rest of the time he will be at the field flyin.

smokejohnson
04-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I was kickin' myself in the rear for not taking my planes with me to work yesterday. USAirnet got me again :o.

surfer dude
04-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Looks like there's going to be a lot of wind today. I'm going to be at the field at sun rise, maybe I can beat the real strong winds, plus George is camping at the field in his van and I want to fly with him one more time before he leaves. I'm going to bring my paintball gun.:D Come on out James, you have time to fly before work.

smokejohnson
04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm waiting for the battery on my Swift to finish charging and I'll be there :D.

surfer dude
04-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Ok

gfdengine204
04-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I was kickin' myself in the rear for not taking my planes with me to work yesterday. USAirnet got me again :o.

ALWAYS have a plane with you. Just in case.....;)

smokejohnson
04-05-2009, 03:51 AM
I had a blast this morning shootin up the combat plane with SurferDudes paint ball gun. By far the coolest thing was blasting holes through the wing :cool::D. We'll do it again sometime and get it on video.

surfer dude
04-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I had a blast this morning shootin up the combat plane with SurferDudes paint ball gun. By far the coolest thing was blasting holes through the wing :cool::D. We'll do it again sometime and get it on video.

It's my turn to shoot the gun next time, while you fly. Listening to you laugh the whole time while you were shooting was the best part.

smokejohnson
04-05-2009, 10:20 AM
You bet

smokejohnson
04-05-2009, 10:24 AM
So Brett what date did you decide to set for the spring WOOF?

Twmaster
04-05-2009, 10:31 AM
You guys are not right...

;)

surfer dude
04-05-2009, 10:32 AM
So Brett what date did you decide to set for the spring WOOF?

why don't we shoot for the last weekend in may. That should get us past the really strong spring winds, yet not be too hot. Also it should give out of town guys time to make plans.
Why don't you send messages to everyone on your list and give them that date, and if there are too many conflicts, we can make it the weekend before or after. I'm think if we make it much later we will be getting into summer vacation scheduals. Also it will give people time to build combat planes.:D

smokejohnson
04-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Sounds good Brett, I'll send out some messages today :).

Mike you know you can't wait to get down here to fly some combat and have your chance at shootin a foamie out of the sky :D.

Twmaster
04-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey that weekend sound good to me!! I will be visiting OK sometime soon. Money and other problems are the issue right now.

surfer dude
04-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey that weekend sound good to me!! I will be visiting OK sometime soon. Money and other problems are the issue right now.

Mike give me or James a pm when you get to Tulsa, we'll make sure you get the Unclub welcome matt rolled out for you.

smokejohnson
04-05-2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=588363&postcount=338

smokejohnson
04-06-2009, 02:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wauK72Ce6YQIs it May yet ????

smokejohnson
04-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Some more pichers :D

surfer dude
04-09-2009, 12:25 AM
nice pics James, can't wait till the next WOOF event.
The Bald Eagle club re-schedualed the paint ball thing for April 18th.
Sat the 11th looks good for Combat.:D

smokejohnson
04-09-2009, 12:55 AM
nice pics James, can't wait till the next WOOF event.
The Bald Eagle club re-schedualed the paint ball thing for April 18th.
Sat the 11th looks good for Combat.:D

Saturday is looking like it is going to shape up to be a fantastic day, it should be a lot of fun.

It looks like all I will have to fly is my combat planes and the Swift. I started changing the connectors out on my Broke Back Yak and then realized I didn't have enough APP's :blah:. I'm not soldering the JST's back on because I don't think they are up to the amp pull anyhow.

I might be able to get my Stick going in time but I sure wanted to fly the Yak or I guess I should say I want to see what you can do with the Yak :D.

surfer dude
04-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Is the paintball plane going to be flying? If so I'll bring my gun, it's my turn. I'll get that Yak hoverin for you! I'll be there by 8-8:30

smokejohnson
04-09-2009, 01:42 AM
After our last round at 11:00 you bet. I have 3 planes geared out and set up so I should still have at least one going at the end of it all ;):D.

j4ck4
04-13-2009, 07:43 PM
So, is this going to be the last weekend of the month for sure?

surfer dude
04-13-2009, 09:59 PM
So, is this going to be the last weekend of the month for sure?
It sounds good to me! I haven't heard from James on wether or not there were any reply's. I guess until James says otherwise,The Unclub Spring WOOF (Wattflyers Over Oklahoma Fun fly) event is Sat. May 30th. This is an Official, un-official date????By the next schedualed combat day,(April 25) we should know for sure.

smokejohnson
04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Yep Saturday May 30th seems as good as any...I say make it official :D.

Who's gonna do the flyers ????

j4ck4
04-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Give me some ideas, I'll do them since thats my line of work. Sort of.
I'll give you a call this afternoon James, I am ready to fly this thunderbolt some. I just pray the wind stays as calm as it is now. Airnet says its gonna top out about 8mph at 4pm so maybe I can get with you by about 2:30 or so. We are supposed to meet with the landlord of this new house about 2 it looks like now.

smokejohnson
04-25-2009, 03:34 AM
The Broke Back Yak flies again :D. I can hover it but I was keeping it up high...I think I will wait until I get one of my EPP planes going to bring it down low. I did the best knife edge I have ever done on the re-maiden. It's been a long winter with out a 3D plane but I have a really good feelin about this summer. I'll be hovering the Slofly in the living room by September :D.

Brett I would still like you to fly it and let me know what I can be doing different on the set up...you obviously have it down. I'll have it out there with me tomorrow morning but it may be too windy to do anything with it :rolleyes:.

j4ck4
04-26-2009, 04:54 AM
Had fun this morning even if I did come home with three broken wings.

smokejohnson
04-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah it was just a little breezy yesterday, things really got crazy toward the end :Q.

smokejohnson
05-10-2009, 04:55 AM
Thanks to Brett I know now that the Broke Back Yak will do it...I just need a lot more practice.:D

I also have the Bug going now that I can do more with since I'm not scared to bring it in up close. I was really looking forward to a chance to fly indoors with it but now it sounds like it may not happen. If anybody ever hears of a chance to fly indoors somewhere give a shout out, I want to try it.

smokejohnson
05-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Well guys I think I can get us in at the Rose Bowl. When do you guys want to meet up there? Give me a date and I will talk to the manager and see if it will work out.

gfdengine204
05-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Dang James, that would be a nice place to fly......

smokejohnson
05-11-2009, 11:27 PM
It looked like fun when I was watching them a couple of months ago when they had the swap meet in there...I wanna give it a go.

j4ck4
05-12-2009, 04:05 AM
I watched them some looked like fun but, I don't think I could fly in there James. Not open enough for me and the ground is a little bit to hard inside there.

Rabbitcreekok
05-12-2009, 04:59 AM
Let me know if you get it setup, James.

surfer dude
05-13-2009, 11:51 PM
The rose bowl sounds like fun. I'm in! Sat afternoon would be a good time. Unclub in the morning, and indoor in the afternoon. If we knew a few weeks in advance we could get the word out thru the LHS's.
If the owner of the Rose Bowl would let us in there once or twice a month on a regular time table, they could make $5 per pilot each time. It's just sitting there empty anyway.

smokejohnson
05-14-2009, 12:18 AM
From my understanding my friend Scott was the one that got the Rose Bowl opened up to us. He was the one that arranged for it to be open every Thursday night (remember the email from Guy). He was there for a few weeks but nobody showed up so he quit going. All we have to do is contact the guy that manages the property and talk to him about availability.

So what dates are you going to ask him about Brett?

surfer dude
05-14-2009, 01:25 PM
From my understanding my friend Scott was the one that got the Rose Bowl opened up to us. He was the one that arranged for it to be open every Thursday night (remember the email from Guy). He was there for a few weeks but nobody showed up so he quit going. All we have to do is contact the guy that manages the property and talk to him about availability.

So what dates are you going to ask him about Brett?

I think if we did it just one day a month you would get a better turnout, then if enough people were interested we could make it twice a month.
We should also plan it on a Fri. or Sat. night say 6:30 till 10pm. Most of us don't work on Sat. or Sun, and I think we would get a better turnout.
When Model Works organized then indoor fly at the Grabel wharehouse in Feb. it was on a Sat. night and we had 10 pilots and a few spectotors.
Yeah, James you should suggest the above when you talk to the dude.:D

smokejohnson
05-14-2009, 02:20 PM
LOL, I will call the guy this evening and see what we can't work out for the first Friday night of the month from 6 to 10. That would put the first date June 5th, I'll let ya know what I find out.

surfer dude
05-14-2009, 03:17 PM
LOL, I will call the guy this evening and see what we can't work out for the first Friday night of the month from 6 to 10. That would put the first date June 5th, I'll let ya know what I find out.

YOU DA MAN!!!!:cool:

j4ck4
05-15-2009, 09:10 PM
you R da man James. If nothing else I'll come watch you guys, at least until I get somethng that might fly inside without having to worry about going through the roof or into the floor REAL hard.

smokejohnson
05-17-2009, 10:56 PM
I called the manager of the Rose Bowl Thursday and it went straight to voice mail, I left a message with my name and number. Called him back on Friday and again it went straight to voice mail, I just hung up that time. He may be out of town or something. I am going to give it until at least Wednesday before I try to call him again, I don't want to be a nuisance.

thunker54
05-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Yep - it's nice in there. Scott set it up before but he & I were the only ones to show up. After about 3 weeks we quit. I flew a little pico stick in there once. It would be great for you 3D guys. I just got a little heli and would fly it there if you get it going...
Hey - it was fun just getting back in there! I hadn't been in there since the 60's when it WAS a bowling alley. Sure brought back memories.

j4ck4
05-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey men the field sure was wet Saturday, I went out there late about 7:00pm and flew a new wing I had built last week but had to fly over behind the tulsa realtors association building where the grass was high enough to keep the wing up out of the water when I landed.
Got a pretty good flying profile wing built this time this time, put the tower pro 7.4v motor on it and it will just float around or go fairly fast. It will go vertical but not unlimited.

smokejohnson
05-18-2009, 11:14 PM
I wish I could go flying this evening but I can't. Jack if you want to come by and pick up a combat plane just give me a call, I'll be here all evening. Glad to hear the new wing worked out good for you, looking forward to seeing it fly.

smokejohnson
05-20-2009, 09:56 PM
I tried to call Danny (Rose Bowl manager) again today and again it went straight to voice mail :(. I left another message, hopefully he will call this time. If not I will try again in a few days.

j4ck4
05-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Went out and flew thw profile wing again this morning, two packs my 2150 and a 1250 she sure flies sweet. I think I'd like to try and get a speed video just for the heck of it if the weather permits Saturday morning. I would go out this evening again but got to go to the prison at Cushing for a Victory Bible Institute class. So maybe someone wants to fly tommorw evening. Weather permitting.

smokejohnson
05-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Sure, I don't think I have anything to do tomorrow. We can either hit the park across the street or the Unclub. I'll call ya tomorrow after work.

j4ck4
05-23-2009, 06:10 AM
I'm gonna have to go dig plants today, so won't be able to be at the field am, may try and get out there pm or fly somewhere when I get back from Haskell. Call me James if you can get away pm if I don't make it out before you leave if you get out there.

thunker54
05-23-2009, 05:28 PM
I was out there earlier with my new Millennium Slow Stick X but there were nothing but TONS of soccer folks... :sad:
But I ain't flying that thing combat! ;-)

surfer dude
05-23-2009, 10:09 PM
I was out there earlier with my new Millennium Slow Stick X but there were nothing but TONS of soccer folks... :sad:
But I ain't flying that thing combat! ;-)

Thunker, We were there from 8am to 10:30am. You probably just missed us. Next week is the WOOF event We will be there all day. See you then.

thunker54
05-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks. Yeah probably did just miss you. I thought the combat was scheduled from 9 to 11:30. I would have been there about 10 but I got almost to the field and realized I'd gone off and forgotten my transmitter! So I had to come back and get it. I got there about 10:30 and soccer folks everywhere!

j4ck4
05-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey SurferDude
I was out there about 8:00am actually got over in that area before I left town, so I went by and flew out a 2150 pack on my wing there were several others there when i left about 8:30. I'll be there next weekend for sure.

smokejohnson
05-24-2009, 04:03 AM
Sorry I couldn't be out there guys...

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=605836&postcount=369

j4ck4
05-24-2009, 01:58 PM
It was great fun James, but we missed you.

smokejohnson
05-24-2009, 02:00 PM
As soon as my wife wakes up I'm heading out there for a little bit. Can you go flying?

surfer dude
05-25-2009, 12:16 PM
As soon as my wife wakes up I'm heading out there for a little bit. Can you go flying?

What about today? I'm free untill 11am

smokejohnson
05-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I'll meet ya out there. I'm feeding my boy and then he will fall back asleep so give me about an hour.

surfer dude
05-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll meet ya out there. I'm feeding my boy and then he will fall back asleep so give me about an hour.

Sounds good. I'll see you there at 8am

j4ck4
05-26-2009, 01:55 AM
Man
I guess I should have checked my email this morning, I've been flying out back all day. Didn't figure anyone would be out there today.

smokejohnson
05-26-2009, 02:55 AM
Yeah you missed it, we had a pretty good time this morning. Flew a little combat...Brett got me both times. I had good flights with everything I have going right now. I really need to get motivated and get my Ugly Stik going. I haven't flown it at all this year.

j4ck4
05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah we had both boys and their wife and girlfriend ver so I was standing over the bar-bq grill most of the day. Got in about 6 good flights here off the hill over memorial and our neighborhood though, so the day wasn't a total loss. And, started another wing build for this weekend, going with a kfm 32"er this time, just an experiment actually to see if I can build a small slow flyer and make it work.

Grasshopper
05-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey James,

Is WOOF this weekend?

smokejohnson
05-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Yep :D

surfer dude
05-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey James,

Is WOOF this weekend?

Tom, are you going to make it Sat to the WOOF event?
Hope to see you there.

Brett

Grasshopper
05-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Hey Brett,

I was going to try to but James said he was afraid it would be over run with soccer kids. I'd love to come down on the 13th, but my daughter is getting married that day so flying most likely won't be in the plans.

smokejohnson
05-28-2009, 03:25 AM
Hey Brett,

I was going to try to but James said he was afraid it would be over run with soccer kids. I'd love to come down on the 13th, but my daughter is getting married that day so flying most likely won't be in the plans.

Don't let that scare ya, there's plenty of other fields around there to fly out of. No one ever uses that field directly to the south of there. I promise you won't go home with any charged batteries :D.

surfer dude
05-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Tom we need some jets, and your the man! We also need more combat guys. Like James said, we'll find somewhere to fly, besides the soccer guys don't take over our half of the field untill about 10am, and thats only about half the time. 50% of the time we have it all day, we could get lucky!:cool:

Grasshopper
05-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Tom we need some jets, and your the man! We also need more combat guys. Like James said, we'll find somewhere to fly, besides the soccer guys don't take over our half of the field untill about 10am, and thats only about half the time. 50% of the time we have it all day, we could get lucky!:cool:

Well...........I do have jets........and I do have a combat plane.............Hmmmmm.....:D

smokejohnson
05-29-2009, 01:38 AM
I'll be out there early, probably around 7:30.

surfer dude
05-29-2009, 07:21 PM
I'll be out there early, probably around 7:30.

I'll be there by 7:30 also.

surfer dude
05-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Well...........I do have jets........and I do have a combat plane.............Hmmmmm.....:D
Now your talkin!!! Make a day of it. Come early Bring a few flyn buddies to pay for gas, and breakfest, fly all day, leave about 3pm go back home thru Arkansas and eat dinner at the AQ chicken house (of course make your buddies pay for it) :D

I know I'll see you Sat.
Brett

fr0g_D
05-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Holy cow man you guys are gonna get out there at 7:30? :blah: I doubt the three of us that are coming down from Nowata will make it that early. We will probably be lucky to make it by 10 or 11.
Hey, would one of you pm me your cell number so I can get a hold of someone in case the soccer kids are running amok?

Later

fr0g_D

smokejohnson
05-29-2009, 11:46 PM
I'll be out there all day so when ever you get there will be fine. :D

fr0g_D
05-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Got your number smoke thanks a lot man. We'll give a call if we don't see you guys. You bringin' that little stick you had last time? What a nice little bird that was. What about your swift I wanna check it out as well. I'm thinking of bringing my flat foam yak54, my dl50 and I'll probably throw in the superfly as well. I'm really not sure what the other guys are bringing.

See you all there!

Later,

D

smokejohnson
05-30-2009, 12:35 AM
I will have the Swift, a profile Yak, a Lightflite Bug, and 2 combat planes. I have everything for the Stick and if I can find the time this evening it will be there. I need to knock the dust off of it.

Grasshopper
05-30-2009, 04:33 AM
Transmitter and batteries are charged. F9F Panther, F-16, FunJet, P-40 and combat foamie are in the car along with the EZ Up canopy and lawn chair. Road trip in the morning. I hope to be there around 8:00.

smokejohnson
05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
We had good times at the field today, it was a nice turn out. As usual there was all types of different planes that showed up along with some excellent combat rounds. It was nice that the soccer nerds never over ran us.

Let's do it again on the 13th at the Bald Eagle Club. They have some fresh meat that will be flying combat for the first time :D.

Court461
05-31-2009, 02:53 AM
Had fun watching you guys fly this am. Wish I could have stayed longer. Can't wait to get in on the combat.

Grasshopper
05-31-2009, 02:55 AM
As always, I had a great time with all the Okies.:D Great bunch of guys to fly with. Even if they do dimalish my combat plane every time.:eek::Q

smokejohnson
05-31-2009, 03:08 AM
Had fun watching you guys fly this am. Wish I could have stayed longer. Can't wait to get in on the combat.

Welcome to Wattflyer Brian. We'll be flying plenty of combat this summer so you will have your opportunity. I'll warn ya though...it's addicting :D.

As always, I had a great time with all the Okies.:D Great bunch of guys to fly with. Even if they do dimalish my combat plane every time.:eek::Q

LOL I wish somebody could have got that on video. I saw it out of the corner of my eye but there was too much going on to look. Hopefully we will get another chance to fly before the end of summer.

j4ck4
05-31-2009, 03:24 AM
Well

It was great fun, and I got some good video. Working on getting it ready to post on youtube right now. Having a few issues with this Sony camera. But, I will get it figured out and posted. Sad to say I didn't get the firey death om grasshoppers, or Parkers combat birds, maybe next time.
Grasshopper I'm also working on getting the speed video ready to Doppler, though I can tell you this that funjet is a fast booger for sure.

Grasshopper
05-31-2009, 03:27 AM
Thanks for all your work on this Jack. It was nice to meet you today. Hopefully we'll get together again.

j4ck4
05-31-2009, 03:32 AM
Oh, I'm sure we will run into one another again this summer. You had a good trip home I hope?

j4ck4
05-31-2009, 03:33 AM
Just figured out how to convert the video files from .mpg to wmv also so I'll have them posted some time tomorrow. Hopefully at the latest.

fr0g_D
05-31-2009, 05:07 AM
Smoke, it was kewl hanging out with ya this afternoon. Grasshopper, Surfer, it was kewl seeing you guys again but seriously were ya'll trying to get home before dark or what? :cool: I saw the guy who wrecked his Radian (sorry man I didn't catch your name.) at the hobby shop getting a replacement kit and I tried to talk him into going back out to the field so we could see it fly. No luck he said it was gonna take some bench time to get the new one out there. Anyways guys next time we'll make an effort to get out there earlier.

I maidened this Harbor Freight P51 out there in the Vatterott parking lot today. It went well even with an admittedly bouncy landing. Jeff's dad Monroe said it was bouncing like a low-rider so I think maybe I'll design some Lo-Rida nose art for it. :D

Oh yeah, as promised, here are a couple pics of that Skeeter30 (http://kalteisen.com/skeeter_30.html) I'm workin on. What'dya think so far? Here's kinda where I jumped in on the Skeeter thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360600&page=227) it'll kinda give you an idea of what the build is like. I see that quicker just posted that he has some kits in stock better get'em while they are hot.

Grasshopper
05-31-2009, 05:21 AM
It was good to see you guys too. Yeah, I had to get back home for some plans we had this evening. I got to Tulsa a little before 8:00 this morning so I had an early day driving from Joplin.

j4ck4
05-31-2009, 12:17 PM
I'll try and get to work on the video as soon as church is over today unless something comes up men. Frog D sorry I missed you, was hoping to get to meet you face too face, had a young grandson with me and he was ready to go home around 1:00 actually fell asleep on the way home and I only live 4 miles from the field. I would of came back out but no charged packs you know.

j4ck4
05-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Here are links to three of the videos from the WOOF Event yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFX08sXqPDc[/URL]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PduKJrLUzg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PduKJrLUzg)

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JILubHn-1_o

Grasshopper
05-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Looks good Jack. The funjet was mine, (Tom) not Calvin.:D

j4ck4
05-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Sorry Tom I am also going to send Chellie an im with the link to the video since we moved I can't find the link to the program that does the doppler check on the audio.

j4ck4
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Uploading an updated version of the FunJet video before I send it to Chellie, Tom.

j4ck4
05-31-2009, 10:01 PM
This is the video with the updated info on Tom's FunJet, and one of my BluCor Zagnutz, and Brett flying his hydro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-MYlKPjMyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wmteXw9vbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS1IZOn5GUY

smokejohnson
06-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Smoke, it was kewl hanging out with ya this afternoon. Grasshopper, Surfer, it was kewl seeing you guys again but seriously were ya'll trying to get home before dark or what? :cool: I saw the guy who wrecked his Radian (sorry man I didn't catch your name.) at the hobby shop getting a replacement kit and I tried to talk him into going back out to the field so we could see it fly. No luck he said it was gonna take some bench time to get the new one out there. Anyways guys next time we'll make an effort to get out there earlier.

I maidened this Harbor Freight P51 out there in the Vatterott parking lot today. It went well even with an admittedly bouncy landing. Jeff's dad Monroe said it was bouncing like a low-rider so I think maybe I'll design some Lo-Rida nose art for it. :D

Oh yeah, as promised, here are a couple pics of that Skeeter30 (http://kalteisen.com/skeeter_30.html) I'm workin on. What'dya think so far? Here's kinda where I jumped in on the Skeeter thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360600&page=227) it'll kinda give you an idea of what the build is like. I see that quicker just posted that he has some kits in stock better get'em while they are hot.

So did you have to paint the covering on the bottom before covering or did it come with the checkerboard? Will you have it ready by June 13th? I would love to see it fly.

If someone can delete this post or tell me how I'll clean up the thread.

Done

This is the video with the updated info on Tom's FunJet, and one of my BluCor Zagnutz, and Brett flying his hydro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-MYlKPjMyg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wmteXw9vbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS1IZOn5GUY

Thanks for all the video Jack. LOL I had a hard time following your wing, It's a miracle you got as much video as you did :Q. We'll have to try it again some time.

j4ck4
06-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Here's the video of your P51 Guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tPiZwNKjK0

I'll get some of the others up tomorrow if I can.

j4ck4
06-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I missed a few minutes of this last round of combat guys, But, I think most of it the round is there. I just wish I would have gotten Tom losing the vstab on his combat plane. I'll hook up my stil camera and get the shots of it after words and post them here later. Gotta get ready to go to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLs0x8yxcAo

surfer dude
06-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Sorry Tom:sad:, I just wish Jack could have gotten it on video. That was a great mid-air. Oh, I did find a chip on my prop.:D

Grasshopper
06-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Sorry Tom:sad:, I just wish Jack could have gotten it on video. That was a great mid-air. Oh, I did find a chip on my prop.:D

You are an evil little man!:D

Grasshopper
06-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Well, I guess my Funjet is a little faster than I thought. Thanks to Jack (j4ck4) for video taping Chellie for running the doppler program, it came in at 105.5 mph. Guess I just joined a new club.

Come on Brett, I'm ready for your little combat foamy now!:Q:p>

thunker54
06-03-2009, 04:33 AM
Wow - you guys like to meet early and leave early as well I guess! Last WOOF it seemed like folks were around most all day. Sorry I missed everyone - I had some stuff to do earlier that day but loaded up my Millennium Slow Stick X (and my old modified Slow Stick "Timex") and hit the field about 1:30 or so. Nothing but soccer and kite folks again.

But from the videos it looks like you all had a great time! Next time I'll make a note to come really early.

So here's a little flight I did solo today with the "X"... I'm still just a beginner.... But the music is classic - who knows the band? <oldie stuff alert!>
http://www.vimeo.com/4969089

Hope to see everyone next time...

Doug (aka Thunker)

surfer dude
06-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Well, I guess my Funjet is a little faster than I thought. Thanks to Jack (j4ck4) for video taping Chellie for running the doppler program, it came in at 105.5 mph. Guess I just joined a new club.

Come on Brett, I'm ready for your little combat foamy now!:Q:p>

welcome to the club Tom. I told you that funjet was faster than my SpeedWing.

smokejohnson
06-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Wow - you guys like to meet early and leave early as well I guess! Last WOOF it seemed like folks were around most all day. Sorry I missed everyone - I had some stuff to do earlier that day but loaded up my Millennium Slow Stick X (and my old modified Slow Stick "Timex") and hit the field about 1:30 or so. Nothing but soccer and kite folks again.

But from the videos it looks like you all had a great time! Next time I'll make a note to come really early.

So here's a little flight I did solo today with the "X"... I'm still just a beginner.... But the music is classic - who knows the band? <oldie stuff alert!>

Doug (aka Thunker)

Nice video Doug, looks like the Stick X handles a little bit of wind no problem. As far as the name of the band I couldn't venture a guess but it's cool music.

I was gone eating lunch around 1:30 and then went back out to the field until around 4 or 5, sorry we missed ya. After work I will find the flyer for the June 13th deal at the Bald Eagle club. I'm not sure what time it starts but I will be out there early.

j4ck4
06-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey Tom

The words in, your FunJet was dopplered at 105.5 here the link on the 100mph club.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26852&highlight=100+mph+club&page=36

CONGRATS MAN!!!

j4ck4
06-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Getting ready to run out to the field before I have to go do a brake job in case anyones on line and thinking about it. Gonna try and maiden this TCS I have built.

j4ck4
06-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Hey men

it was a little windy this morning but Scott and i flew a few minutes. We were both able to maiden our combat planes without any great mishaps. Going out tomorrow morning again before church, so if anyone feels like coming out, US airnet says about 13mph but I'm gonna go look at it. It also says its running between 18 - 21 right now and I just flew my wing here on the hill at 21st & Memorial. Anyway I'll be out there for a little while anyone wants to come out and shoot the bull.

Grasshopper
06-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Hey Tom

The words in, your FunJet was dopplered at 105.5 here the link on the 100mph club.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26852&highlight=100+mph+club&page=36

CONGRATS MAN!!!

Thanks a lot Jack! Chellie hooked me up with the 100 mph award from your video. Thanks for all your efforts.

thunker54
06-07-2009, 05:18 AM
Thanks James...
That's good 'ole Benny Goodman music... Been a few years since then!

LipoPilot
06-07-2009, 07:30 AM

Doug (aka Thunker)

Hey doug cool video and song. The artist is Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers "Goody Goody" Frankie Lymon became the first black teenage singing idol. The group's success inspired the formation of a number of youthful black vocal groups, from the Students in the late '50s to the Jackson Five in the '60s.

I have this song on my sites music library
http://www.lipopilot.com/uploads/Frankie_Lymon___The_Teenagers_-_Goody_Goody.mp3

j4ck4
06-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks a lot Jack! Chellie hooked me up with the 100 mph award from your video. Thanks for all your efforts.

Your mighty welcome Tom

But all I did was enjoy myself. Looking forward to flying with you again. I thik I'm gonna head out to the field now for a couple hours. Have a good day, and I hope you have flying weather this morning.:silly:

thunker54
06-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Hey doug cool video and song. The artist is Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers "Goody Goody" Frankie Lymon became the first black teenage singing idol. The group's success inspired the formation of a number of youthful black vocal groups, from the Students in the late '50s to the Jackson Five in the '60s.

I have this song on my sites music library
http://www.lipopilot.com/uploads/Frankie_Lymon___The_Teenagers_-_Goody_Goody.mp3

Nice try but this wasn't performed by Lymon. The first song is, as you say, "Goody Goody". It was originally written by Johnny Mercer and Matt Malneck. This was a performance by the Benny Goodman band at Chicago, Jan 24, 1936. The vocalist was Helen Ward.

The second song is "Let's Do It" written by Cole Porter. Performed by the Benny Goodman band at New York, October 21, 1941. Vocalist was Peggy Lee.

You were close though - all oldie music!

LipoPilot
06-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Nice try but this wasn't performed by Lymon. The first song is, as you say, "Goody Goody". It was originally written by Johnny Mercer and Matt Malneck. This was a performance by the Benny Goodman band at Chicago, Jan 24, 1936. The vocalist was Helen Ward.

The second song is "Let's Do It" written by Cole Porter. Performed by the Benny Goodman band at New York, October 21, 1941. Vocalist was Peggy Lee.

You were close though - all oldie music!

I'm not the music pro, just collect alot of it. Good song.

thunker54
06-07-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm not the music pro, just collect alot of it. Good song.

I'm no pro either - music *OR* flying! ;-) But I collect a lot of music too. The only reason I knew that was from looking it up on the CD insert!:D
I like the Steve Miller you have on your site..... Wish I *could* fly like an eagle though!

j4ck4
06-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Well Men

It's a sad day in Tulsa. Van got broken into last night no radios or planes in it this morning. Don't know when I'll be able to get moe radios, though I have some planes on the table now, guess I'll be ready when I can afford another radio.

surfer dude
06-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Well Men

It's a sad day in Tulsa. Van got broken into last night no radios or planes in it this morning. Don't know when I'll be able to get moe radios, though I have some planes on the table now, guess I'll be ready when I can afford another radio.

Sorry Jack:confused::(
You can fly my stuff any time.:tc:
I saw on Hobby City's website, that they have a 2.4ghz 4ch radio for $35, and a 6ch for $49. Probably not the best, but they will get you in the air. They both come with a rx, the 4ch is just has servo rev., but the 6ch has dual rates, rev, mixing, v-tail, delta, and maybee expo, its programed thru a computer using a usb link. I'm thinking of getting one just to teach others on.

LipoPilot
06-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Jack if you show up my friend I got a brand new Brewster Buffalo you can fly...come get you some and forget for 5 minutes your mishap.

I share to get you in the air...it's my motto.

surfer dude
06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Well Men

Jack you should tell the local hobby shops about the theft, usualy thats the the first place they go, to find out how to use it, or where to sell it.
If you describe your gear to the LHS, they will hold on to it for you, and even call the cops.

j4ck4
06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey thanks men, I'll go by Daves over at Action that would probably where they would go from this area. Thanks for the offer of flight time, still a little scared to fly someone elses planes though as often as I make one point landings with my own. I am working on an f22 though and have an Ar6000 rx for it maybe I can finish it up and borrow a radio to bind with it so I can fly a pack or two.

smokejohnson
06-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Dang Jack I hate hear that, there's a couple of Pawn Shops around the area that you may want to check as well.

I will have my loaner combat plane going this weekend and you are more than welcome to it. If you want to come get it early so you can fly it a few times before Saturday just give me a call and you can come pick it up.

LipoPilot
06-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey thanks men, I'll go by Daves over at Action that would probably where they would go from this area. Thanks for the offer of flight time, still a little scared to fly someone elses planes though as often as I make one point landings with my own. I am working on an f22 though and have an Ar6000 rx for it maybe I can finish it up and borrow a radio to bind with it so I can fly a pack or two.

I make the offer not worried about dirt landings
:D

j4ck4
06-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Thanks again men, I'll get with you later james. To tired to do anything tonight after laying sod this morning and mowing this evening, try to catch you tomorrow maybe. maybe you could run by and see how I have gotten the shop set up so far. Still got a ways to go, and one of those ways is air conditioning. But as they say that will come too.

j4ck4
06-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Hey Brett

What up?

surfer dude
06-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Brett

What up?

My planes, if the weather is nice.:D

j4ck4
06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Guess I missed you, I thought yu were online last night. Hey, I got good news yesterday. The guy I work for is buying me one today, found a DX6i for $125.00 w/o rx. But thats okay as I have an ar6000 that I got from James back during our big snowstrom.

surfer dude
06-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Guess I missed you, I thought yu were online last night. Hey, I got good news yesterday. The guy I work for is buying me one today, found a DX6i for $125.00 w/o rx. But thats okay as I have an ar6000 that I got from James back during our big snowstrom.

That sounds like a good deal on the DX6i, but you might check around. I over heard Tom(Grasshopper) telling a guy that you could buy a DX7 new, without a rx for $170. Jack I've used both and the DX7 would be worth the extra $50 if you could find it for that price. You might pm Tom and ask him.
See you Sat. at Bald Eagle.:D
Brett

j4ck4
06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Just saw your post, already picked up the DX6i. Took out the F22 I finished last night and had a successful maiden flight with her. Read no earth impacts.

smokejohnson
06-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Congrats on the maiden Jack :)

According to USAirnet we should be good to go for Saturday...I can't wait to see the F-22 in action.

j4ck4
06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Sounds good, is there anyway that I could ride out with you? On top of getting ripped off my van is overheating and, I don't really trust it to drive to Keefer.

smokejohnson
06-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Sure, I'll drive the Suburban so there will be plenty of room.

What do you think is wrong with your van? If it's already overheating it doesn't stand a chance here in a few weeks.

smokejohnson
06-12-2009, 03:10 PM
So I have been putting off fixing my transmitter since WOOF for fear of messing it up. Looks like I had good reason to be worried...the Optic 6 is dead :censor::mad::(:censor::(:mad::censor::(:mad:. For what ever reason I have no LCD screen anymore, the power light comes on but the screen is blank :censor::(:mad::censor::censor::(:mad::mad::(.

I knew I didn't have the skills to be soldering in there but I tried it anyhow. I don't see how I could have messed up the screen but I am at a loss.

surfer dude
06-12-2009, 05:39 PM
So I have been putting off fixing my transmitter since WOOF for fear of messing it up. Looks like I had good reason to be worried...the Optic 6 is dead :censor::mad::(:censor::(:mad::censor::(:mad:. For what ever reason I have no LCD screen anymore, the power light comes on but the screen is blank :censor::(:mad::censor::censor::(:mad::mad::(.

I knew I didn't have the skills to be soldering in there but I tried it anyhow. I don't see how I could have messed up the screen but I am at a loss.
Time to buy a couple of those $30 2.4ghz radios from Hobby City.:D

smokejohnson
06-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Time to buy a couple of those $30 2.4ghz radios from Hobby City.:D

I was thinking more like a DX6i :D

LipoPilot
06-12-2009, 08:32 PM
HobbyKing 2.4 radio are very nice well for 30.00 bucks. I use it as my radio in the GWS Airlines plane, making trip after trip with no glitch...it's amazing. I have had the radios for sometime not using them in fear of plane loss, but the GWS Pico was a perfect set up for this test. It passes with flying colors.

LipoPilot
06-12-2009, 08:41 PM
2.4 HK radio in use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MTPdkYF02A

j4ck4
06-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Sure, I'll drive the Suburban so there will be plenty of room.

What do you think is wrong with your van? If it's already overheating it doesn't stand a chance here in a few weeks.
I think it is the radiator, Head of the prison ministry at Victory is trying to locate a vehicle that has een donated to the church. They often give them away after they fix anything that is wrong with them. I've probably put somewhere between $3000 - 5000 in this van in the past 5 years, and I'm just tired of working on it. Not counting the fact it has 204000 miles on it, so, I appreciate the ride. Sorry to hear about the radio.

smokejohnson
06-12-2009, 10:41 PM
HobbyKing 2.4 radio are very nice well for 30.00 bucks. I use it as my radio in the GWS Airlines plane, making trip after trip with no glitch...it's amazing. I have had the radios for sometime not using them in fear of plane loss, but the GWS Pico was a perfect set up for this test. It passes with flying colors.

I still would like to get one of the $30 HK radios for my combat planes...it's on my wish list.

2.4 HK radio in use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MTPdkYF02A

That's an awesome video, very entertaining.

I think it is the radiator, Head of the prison ministry at Victory is trying to locate a vehicle that has een donated to the church. They often give them away after they fix anything that is wrong with them. I've probably put somewhere between $3000 - 5000 in this van in the past 5 years, and I'm just tired of working on it. Not counting the fact it has 204000 miles on it, so, I appreciate the ride. Sorry to hear about the radio.

That's the way to do it, drive it until you get tired of working on it and then get a new one. That's how I like to do it anyhow. BTW there is plenty of room in the Burb if your grandson wants to come with us.

I ordered a DX6i this evening. I went out to Model Works first but he tried to convince me that you can not get a DX6i transmitter only. So I came home an ordered one :D. I want to give those guys my business out there but they never have what I want :blah:.

Anyhow I ordered it from the Barn Floor for $140 shipped. It list $149 but when you add it to the cart it shows the sale price as $124.99 + $13 shipping :D.

http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=139_140&products_id=1149

surfer dude
06-17-2009, 01:35 AM
LipoPilot (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=29162)
Flown A Lipo Lately?

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/image.php?u=29162&dateline=1235618666 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=29162)

Club: AMA 909554
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/misc/im_yahoo.gif (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39263&page=17#) http://mystatus.skype.com/smallicon/lipopilot (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39263&page=17#)

iTrader: (2 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/itrader.php?u=29162))
Friends: (16 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=29162))
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif
I told those I met Saturday in Oklahoma I would not reply about my visit to the Eagles R/C Club in Mounds, Oklahoma until tomorrow or the next day, yesterday was my day..today was family. Anyhow here is my highlights of the Bald Eagle R/C Club.

The combat was blah blah blah:D...we know the drill fly or die. I'm not going to repeat it was a blast or any of the stuff you expect to hear. I will just tell you that flying with a sky full of streamers is wide open adreniline.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103333&thumb=1&d=1245036933 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103333&d=1245036933)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103334&thumb=1&d=1245036933 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103334&d=1245036933)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103335&thumb=1&d=1245036933 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103335&d=1245036933)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103336&thumb=1&d=1245036933 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103336&d=1245036933)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103337&thumb=1&d=1245036933 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103337&d=1245036933)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103338&thumb=1&d=1245036933 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103338&d=1245036933)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103339&thumb=1&d=1245036933 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103339&d=1245036933)

The real respect goes to the club members of the Bald Eagle R/C club. This is where all eyes should be. The hospitality of this little gang of plane nuts is outside anything I have ever seen and I mean that.
This Eagles R/C club has been around for many years and all of it's older members have petered out over the last years, so in short the Eagles R/C club is rebuilding a once great place to fly. I have never met such a dedicated group to making the most welcoming club ever for any plane nut, chopper, or even UFO's...if it flies it's welcome and if you don't know how to fly there top instructor Terry will get you cruising in some flight school.

Aerial shot from flycam on GWS Pico.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103341&thumb=1&d=1245037113 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103341&d=1245037113)
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103342&thumb=1&d=1245037113 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103342&d=1245037113)

The Eagles R/C club has a prime piece of land for flying even large scaled planes. With two top knotch grassy smooth green runways, you dont know if you wanna fly or have a beer and hit golf balls. The field host plenty of side line space for pilots and crew not to mention enough room to lay you hangar out for everyone to see. I don't ever see the Eagles club having any problems hosting a big sponsored flyin event.
The runways are smooth and cut very low, even my light little Pico GWS could taxi as if it was on pavement. My favorite part was the set up and how everything on the property was just where it needed to be. It also had two runways which meant wind did not effect your take off, just choose your runway. I was also impressed by the club clean set up and all the perks like the AC club house and large shade canopies areas. The safety line is lined with some white and orange barriers. I noticed improvements were being made, so I asked what was coming up for the club facility. Terry and Darrel told me they are putting power to the main canopy so all lipo charging can go on in the shade. I thought it was neat they had a community hot glue gun too...what a great idea.
The airfield host a porta potty for the rest room which is well serviced and has ample parking for visitors.

I really enjoyed myself and had a great time. Here are some video i shot of the show and tell planes of the fly in.

My A-26 Invader gunning the field. I was lucky enough to get to film as flight instructor AMA safety officer Terry Finger took my A-26 to the Oklahoma skies.
http://img.youtube.com/vi/3uK1-LSX0q4/default.jpg
A-26 INVADER BOMBS OKLAHOMA (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39263&page=17#vid-42bb1e6e)

SurferDudes Custom Stryker
http://img.youtube.com/vi/xBWseViTWxY/default.jpg
STRYKER ATTACKS OKLAHOMA (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39263&page=17#vid-eb1ba71a)

HeliJoey Choppin Gras with his Nitro helo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SATYAQaGj40 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SATYAQaGj40)

Thanks For The Airspace,

"Capt. Lipo Pilot" 316 Combat Squadron
http://www.lipopilot.com (http://www.lipopilot.com/)

surfer dude
06-17-2009, 01:58 AM
The above report by Lipopilot is in the Tulsa Combat thread, but I thought we needed in the Unclub one as well.
I Think I'm going to start flying the first Sat. of every month at the Bald Eagle field. The only requirement would be at least a park flyer's AMA. I don't think they would require any dues for 8-10 days a year, we would just be flying as guest.
Also I think it would be a good idea to have our next WOOF event out there. We could have a night fly, and camp out Fri night(posibly a little adult beverage, poker & cigars:D), then fly all day Sat. What do you guy's think? We could get the word out early, post it on the AMA event calender as a Bald Eagle's club event, email all Clubs within say 300 miles etc... really go all out.
If we do it right, in 3 or 4 years we could be the central American SEEF, or NEAT event.:ws: We could have sponsors like E-Flight, Liteflite, Thunderpower, HobbyLobby, 2Dog RC, etc...Someone wake me up:D.

surfer dude
06-17-2009, 02:05 AM
Hey Smoke,Get out the bug spray! This is the main reason for grabing the Bug.:D Don't let the tape on your wing scare you, I just needed place to put the tape that was stuck to my thumb, and forgot it was on the plane.

j4ck4
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey Smoke,Get out the bug spray! This is the main reason for grabing the Bug.:D Don't let the tape on your wing scare you, I just needed place to put the tape that was stuck to my thumb, and forgot it was on the plane.

Hey Brett
That is cool:tc:, I've wanted to do that since I saw that thing in James' garage. Have you maidened her yet, and if so hows she fly? I see you don't yet have a motor on it at photo time, so scratch that last question.

surfer dude
06-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Jack I've got a small motor, I'm hoping will work on the bug. I've still got to save for another RX, or steal one from something else. I have nine aircraft flying, and enjoy all of them, so it's hard to put one on the sidelines. I don't get to fly my indoor Tensor much, maybee I'll take that one.
The other problem I have is I've got two new fighters, a micro jet,and an F&F fighter in the very near future. Five planes waiting for gear:blah:.
How many is too many?:D I do know my truck won't hold much more.:D

smokejohnson
06-17-2009, 10:13 PM
The above report by Lipopilot is in the Tulsa Combat thread, but I thought we needed in the Unclub one as well.
I Think I'm going to start flying the first Sat. of every month at the Bald Eagle field. The only requirement would be at least a park flyer's AMA. I don't think they would require any dues for 8-10 days a year, we would just be flying as guest.
Also I think it would be a good idea to have our next WOOF event out there. We could have a night fly, and camp out Fri night(posibly a little adult beverage, poker & cigars:D), then fly all day Sat. What do you guy's think? We could get the word out early, post it on the AMA event calender as a Bald Eagle's club event, email all Clubs within say 300 miles etc... really go all out.
If we do it right, in 3 or 4 years we could be the central American SEEF, or NEAT event.:ws: We could have sponsors like E-Flight, Liteflite, Thunderpower, HobbyLobby, 2Dog RC, etc...Someone wake me up:D.

First Saturday of the month combat at the Bald Eagle field. Third Saturday of the month at the Unclub? That sounds good to me, what do you guys think.

I was going to wait until the next club meeting to ask for a date to hold WOOF and ask about night flying/camping Friday night but that won't be until the middle of July. I'll hit Loyd up and see if we can't get a date.

Oh and be sure to add Spektrum to the list of sponsors :D.

Sweet, since you don't need it to be as tough as EPP it should work great.

Jack I've got a small motor, I'm hoping will work on the bug. I've still got to save for another RX, or steal one from something else. I have nine aircraft flying, and enjoy all of them, so it's hard to put one on the sidelines. I don't get to fly my indoor Tensor much, maybee I'll take that one.
The other problem I have is I've got two new fighters, a micro jet,and an F&F fighter in the very near future. Five planes waiting for gear:blah:.
How many is too many?:D I do know my truck won't hold much more.:D

Get a bigger truck :D.

j4ck4
06-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Get a bigger truck :D.[/QUOTE]

14ft. to 26ft. box van should do the trick.
:Q

smokejohnson
06-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks to Jack the Unclub now has it's own official (or would that be unofficial :D) website. It's pretty cool, I've already started uploading some photos. Check it out.

http://theunclubflyers.ning.com/

surfer dude
06-20-2009, 05:41 AM
Thanks to Jack the Unclub now has it's own official (or would that be unofficial :D) website. It's pretty cool, I've already started uploading some photos. Check it out.

Wow!

surfer dude
06-20-2009, 05:43 AM

Very nice Jack! I've already posted Pics.
Thank you!

j4ck4
06-25-2009, 01:23 PM
May be at the unclub field Saturday, I don't know if I want to go somewhere that I can't fly. Is anyone else gonna be there? If not I may just stay at the house and fly out back, or right down the street at the park.

Grasshopper
06-25-2009, 02:41 PM

Nice job on the web site guys. Wish I could fly with the Okies more often.:D It's always a good time.

surfer dude
06-25-2009, 03:46 PM
May be at the unclub field Saturday, I don't know if I want to go somewhere that I can't fly. Is anyone else gonna be there? If not I may just stay at the house and fly out back, or right down the street at the park.
Jack I would like to help you out with the AMA thing. I would like to help any of the regular Unclub pilots who are on the fence about getting AMA coverage, due to the cost. You can pay me back when you can, or I can ask for donations from other AMA members, or you can build me a plane.:D
You may never use your AMA coverage, but it's nice when you do!(like when someone breaks into your van and takes all you RC gear).:<: You also can fly any field in the country, or any event.
We need to be able to have a good showing when we fly at the Bald Eagle field. I'm going to join and fly there at least half of the time. That A/C, and shade is sweet.

smokejohnson
06-25-2009, 07:38 PM
I'd throw in to help you get your AMA Jack, it'd be worth it so you could come out to the Bald Eagle to hang out. It's just like the Unclub except that there is shade, tables, 2 smooth and mowed runways to choose from, and an air conditioned club house :D. It's nice.

j4ck4
06-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks both of you guys, it is amazing to me the friendship and okay love I have felt from everyone that I have met online and in person since I got involved in this sport. Thank you to all flyers who have big hearts.

smokejohnson
06-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Ok...enough with all the mushy stuff ;). I have a 9gr servo mounted in the F&F and will be ready to give it another go after I eat. Jack you want to meet at the park at the end of your street in a little bit?

surfer dude
06-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Ok...enough with all the mushy stuff ;). I have a 9gr servo mounted in the F&F and will be ready to give it another go after I eat. Jack you want to meet at the park at the end of your street in a little bit?
I'm OK with mushy:D. I went out to a field near my house today, and maidend the 14" F-22, and the Bug. They both flew. Yea!! The Bug does not fly as well as Smoke's, and the F-22 could use a little more speed. I'll try different props on both, and maybee a different motor on the Bug.
Have fun Sat. wish I could be there. Let's get together next week some time, I'm on vacation all week.

surfer dude
06-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Jack, you are an AMA member, you can fly Sat. Hopefully they will email you a temp. certificate. You should get your card in a few weeks.

smokejohnson
06-26-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm OK with mushy:D. I went out to a field near my house today, and maidend the 14" F-22, and the Bug. They both flew. Yea!! The Bug does not fly as well as Smoke's, and the F-22 could use a little more speed. I'll try different props on both, and maybee a different motor on the Bug.
Have fun Sat. wish I could be there. Let's get together next week some time, I'm on vacation all week.

I have a spare blue wonder laying around if you want to try it on your bug. I forget what the kv is but I have it written on the box. And we will definitely meet up and do some flying before I head to the lake for the 4th of July weekend.

Jack, you are an AMA member, you can fly Sat. Hopefully they will email you a temp. certificate. You should get your card in a few weeks.

Good deal then, Jack we can take the Burb if you want to ride with me.

j4ck4
06-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Or we could take the van I got blessed with Wednesday. God is good gave me a 1999 Chrysler Town & Country, 228000 miles but great shape it seems like. Front and rear air so the planes stay cool all the while they ride.

smokejohnson
06-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Well I will probably just drive myself in case you decide to stay later than I can. I will need to leave after the paint ball thing at 10:00. Both my babies are getting over surgery so I don't want to stay all day long. I'll just see ya there :).

smokejohnson
06-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Yesterday was a blast at the Bald Eagle. Not that much combat action but there was a lot of people there for the paintball shoot. Scott and I ended up letting people shoot at our combat foamies :D. The very last round we had streamers on and would hook up in between flying low and slow for people to shoot. That is when I actually got my only streamer cut for the day. It was good time for sure.

surfer dude
07-02-2009, 11:18 AM
anyone going to be flying today(Thur July 2) or Sat july 4th. I have all day today. and most of the morning on Sat. Let me know
Hey Scott K. if you see this, call me. I can start building your 4-Site. I lost your number.:roll:

j4ck4
07-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Gonna be at the field bright and early tomorrow probably 7 - 8 oclock hope to see someone there. Flying ws good today other than the wind.

thunker54
07-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey - here are the aerial videos I shot at the field this morning... My forward camera seemed a bit blurry today for some reason. Not sure if it was just the hazy atmosphere, a dirty lens or vibration on the camera mount. I cleaned the lens when I got home. I may tape that camera to the stick to firm it up. Right now it's on a Velcro mount. It's never given me vibration trouble before though.

I got caught in the storm front & wind when it came through. Had Timex in the air at the time and I thought I'd NEVER get that airplane back down. It just wanted to keep flying in all that wind... But I barely had enough power to counter that blast.... :ws:

I caught several other of you guy's planes in the air on these... Looks like that's a nice flying airplane you got there Jack. Sure seemed to handle that wind just fine...

Flight #1
http://www.vimeo.com/5451079Flight #2
http://www.vimeo.com/5452561

j4ck4
07-05-2009, 02:43 AM
I thought I'd NEVER get that airplane back down. It just wanted to keep flying in all that wind... But I barely had enough power to counter that blast.... :ws:

I caught several other of you guy's planes in the air on these... Looks like that's a nice flying airplane you got there Jack. Sure seemed to handle that wind just fine...

Hey thanks for the video Thunker, you're sure right neither Timex or my Radian wanted to come down. I took her up while in Okc, adn like a dumbie got to playing tag with some hawks. And crazy as it seems to me I broke my prop, one side snapped off about 3/4" from the bend for some wierd reason. Never impacted anything with it that I know of but it ure snapped off clean. Thought I lost the canopy but luckily I found it about 800 - 1000ft away from the point that I was over.
Oh well, only gonna cost $5.00 for a prop and I'll be back in the air ready for next weekend. Hope to see everyone then.:D
Oh, one word for all you guys. RADIAN :$ ya gotta love em!

surfer dude
07-05-2009, 12:31 PM
nice video's Doug!

smokejohnson
07-05-2009, 11:01 PM
I thought I'd NEVER get that airplane back down. It just wanted to keep flying in all that wind... But I barely had enough power to counter that blast.... :ws:

Hey thanks for the video Thunker, you're sure right neither Timex or my Radian wanted to come down. I took her up while in Okc, adn like a dumbie got to playing tag with some hawks. And crazy as it seems to me I broke my prop, one side snapped off about 3/4" from the bend for some wierd reason. Never impacted anything with it that I know of but it ure snapped off clean. Thought I lost the canopy but luckily I found it about 800 - 1000ft away from the point that I was over.
Oh well, only gonna cost $5.00 for a prop and I'll be back in the air ready for next weekend. Hope to see everyone then.:D
Oh, one word for all you guys. RADIAN :$ ya gotta love em!

Hey guys, just got back from the lake :D. Jack you have a Radian now?? If so we may have to do some wheelin and dealin on your Gentle Lady. Have you flown the GL yet? You know I want some stick time on the Radian, I haven't heard nothing but good things about it.

surfer dude
07-06-2009, 09:49 PM
You know I want some stick time on the Radian, I haven't heard nothing but good things about it.
I got to fly it.:cool: It has to be, without a doubt, the best $125 you can spend on a plug and play glider. It's sweet.
Time to put my recliner to use.:D

j4ck4
07-08-2009, 01:34 PM
No James I haven't flown the Lady yet, I was waiting for you to be around so you could check the cg and look her over good first, then take the sticks for the first flight. But, I had also thought about letting you have her for part of what I owe you on the Stick, and nutball if you wanted her.
I applogize for not posting back sooner, went to Noel Mo over the weekend and went on a float trip. Had a blast and got a pretty good sunburn.
Also, after I left the Ubclub Saturday I drove to down to the Okc area adnd got to playing chase with some hawks and snapped off one blade of the prop on the Radian. But, you bet you can get some stick time on her, I should have another prop or two today. Though I think I will be busy this evening, my wife has some plans for me.

Skank
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM
When is the next WOOF event in Tulsa?

smokejohnson
07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
No James I haven't flown the Lady yet, I was waiting for you to be around so you could check the cg and look her over good first, then take the sticks for the first flight. But, I had also thought about letting you have her for part of what I owe you on the Stick, and nutball if you wanted her.
I applogize for not posting back sooner, went to Noel Mo over the weekend and went on a float trip. Had a blast and got a pretty good sunburn.
Also, after I left the Ubclub Saturday I drove to down to the Okc area adnd got to playing chase with some hawks and snapped off one blade of the prop on the Radian. But, you bet you can get some stick time on her, I should have another prop or two today. Though I think I will be busy this evening, my wife has some plans for me.

Looks like we will be rained out today anyhow but yeah first chance we get let's fly some gliders :D. And I am sure we can work something out on the GL.

We don't have an exact date yet but the next club meeting is Saturday so I will know then. It will be in late September or early October and we will have a night fly at the end of the day. I will be setting up my camper and flying until I can't hold my eyes open anymore :D.

There will be combat at the Unclub on the 18th, if the weather is good I'm sure there will be a lot of guys out there flying. You should come check it out.

j4ck4
07-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Cool still waiting on a prop for teh Radian.

surfer dude
07-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Not sure skank, but I like the way you think!:D It Seems like we just finished the spring WOOF event, but I can't wait for the fall one.
If we can work it out the Fall WOOF, should be at the Bald Eagle's club. We will have Fri. flying, and Night flying, camp at the Field, Fly all day Sat. We'll bring the grill and Braut's, and have a great time.
Welcome to WattFlyer!

smokejohnson
07-09-2009, 02:46 AM
We can definitely have the fall WOOF at the Bald Eagle, the only question is the date. There is a full scale warbird event in OKC in September that welcomes scale R/C guys and I guess it is quite the show but I have been having a hard time finding out the date for it. I just want to check with the guys in the club and make sure that WOOF will not land on a weekend with another event in the area.

gfdengine204
07-09-2009, 02:50 AM
All this WOOF talk makes me wish we were heading down for Turkey Day (and the subsequent Turkey WOOF). But, I will take solace in the fact we are going to Florida for Christmas......sigh, the problems we have...... ;)

smokejohnson
07-09-2009, 03:04 AM
LOL...yeah it must be rough having to go to Florida in the winter for vacation.

gfdengine204
07-09-2009, 03:23 AM
Yup.....should be a little warmer than our first Turkey Woof.....LOL

I plan on taking a plane or two, too. :)

smokejohnson
07-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Yup.....should be a little warmer than our first Turkey Woof.....LOL

I plan on taking a plane or two, too. :)

Above freezing would be warmer than the first Turkey WOOF :Q.

Skank
07-10-2009, 06:46 PM
We can definitely have the fall WOOF at the Bald Eagle, the only question is the date.Is Bald Eagle in Tulsa? Do they require AMA membership?

gfdengine204
07-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Above freezing would be warmer than the first Turkey WOOF :Q.
Very true.....it was, what, 27 when you and I first got to the field?

surfer dude
07-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Is Bald Eagle in Tulsa? Do they require AMA membership?
The Bald Eagle Club is Just West of highway 75 at 181st south, thats about 3miles south of Glennpool. And yes, they do require an AMA membership. A park flyer's membership is only $30 a year. Build a few Blue foam planes, and sell them for $15 each. thats $4 in foam, and 3hr of you time.:D

smokejohnson
07-10-2009, 10:56 PM
There is no AMA required for combat at the Unclub on the 18th. Come on out and I will hook you up with the plans for the F&F :).

Rabbitcreekok
07-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Is Bald Eagle in Tulsa? Do they require AMA membership?

Do you live in the Tulsa area?

Rabbitcreekok
07-10-2009, 11:02 PM
James, don't go near your camper trailer.:blah:;-):tc:

surfer dude
07-12-2009, 04:44 AM
James, don't go near your camper trailer.:blah:;-):tc:
Was something lost in translation, or do we need to light a match, and grab the Glade.:D
Or wait for the camper to stop rockin?

Rabbitcreekok
07-12-2009, 05:03 AM
Was something lost in translation, or do we need to light a match, and grab the Glade.:D

No, the last time James was supposed to come to McAlester and build my workbenches for my shop, he tried to move his trailer and hurt his back. He did not go near his trailer and my benches got finished today. And a great job he did on them.

smokejohnson
07-12-2009, 06:15 AM

:Q:Q I knew what he was talking about.

No, the last time James was supposed to come to McAlester and build my workbenches for my shop, he tried to move his trailer and hurt his back. He did not go near his trailer and my benches got finished today. And a great job he did on them.

I'm glad we got them done Jim. If your buddy will build the drawers I can make another trip down there to help you mount them. We can also fine tune them like hooking up the plane holder for testing motors.

I ran the idea of going to SEFF by the wifey and she didn't seem to have a problem with it :D. I think I like the idea of taking the camper, since I will have a night flyer I would like to hang out and experience the night life at SEFF. We'll talk about it more.

thunker54
07-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey - when I got home from the field this morning and took a closer look at Timex's damage I found it was NOT due to a wing folding. I couldn't imagine that because I've reinforced it sooo much and have a BUNCH of carbon fiber tape under the wing near the stick where it takes most of the stress. What happened was the front wing MOUNT broke! So the wing effectively came loose from the stick. When that happened she came spiraling down nose first! Shattered the front of my stick but I think I can repair it by gluing in a square wood plug at the front. It also crapped out a servo and, of course, the motor mount. And it broke the servo horn on my elevator - easily fixed. Looks like everything else survived intact - the reciever and motor seem to work OK. Heck even the prop survived intact! That's why I just LOVE that Master Airscrew G/F 10x4 gas prop. It's just tougher than an old boot....

smokejohnson
07-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Ouch, doesn't sound like it will be too hard to fix though...takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. Thanks for the velcro this morning :).

j4ck4
07-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Glad to hear that Thunker, most deffinately glad you didn't break any of your cameras. Timex will rise from her ashes just like the Phoenix. Hey James I'm trying to find out for sure how those servos are wired. Got the motor removed just need to pull my small servos and you can start working on her anytime you want, just let me know.

thunker54
07-12-2009, 06:13 PM
I also figured out why I ran out of power on the second flight during the combat. I switched out batteries after my first long flight.... I THOUGHT... Obviously what I did was get the used and fresh batteries mixed up though as when I went to recharge the second battery - it was full! But that other battery was WAAAAAY low! Hope I didn't hurt it - it was down to about 9.5 volts. So the low voltage cutoff on my ESC kicked in and shut down the motor. That was the first time that's ever happened to me....

DUH! LOL.....

thunker54
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Well, here she is ready to go again. I hope she holds true to her name! All I gotta do it give her a whirl and trim her in again. But I think I'll wait until it's a bit cooler....:D
It's amazing how much abuse that little airplane has taken. Especially considering it was my first trainer airplane..... I'm glad I had a spare slope glider SS kit to rob that wing mount from!

LipoPilot
07-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Well, here she is ready to go again. I hope she holds true to her name! All I gotta do it give her a whirl and trim her in again. But I think I'll wait until it's a bit cooler....:D
It's amazing how much abuse that little airplane has taken. Especially considering it was my first trainer airplane..... I'm glad I had a spare slope glider SS kit to rob that wing mount from!

I love my GWS it is amazing how they can get banged up and still go. Yours is getting alot of character too I see lol.

j4ck4
07-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Glad to hear that Timex is ready to go again Doug, and looking good doing it. We need aerial video at the unclub.

Rabbitcreekok
07-12-2009, 09:20 PM
:Q:Q I knew what he was talking about.

I'm glad we got them done Jim. If your buddy will build the drawers I can make another trip down there to help you mount them. We can also fine tune them like hooking up the plane holder for testing motors.

I ran the idea of going to SEFF by the wifey and she didn't seem to have a problem with it :D. I think I like the idea of taking the camper, since I will have a night flyer I would like to hang out and experience the night life at SEFF. We'll talk about it more.

Sounds good to me.

j4ck4
07-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey Thunker what is the stick you have with the balsa wing with no dihedral?

thunker54
07-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey Thunker what is the stick you have with the balsa wing with no dihedral?

That's a "Slow Stick X" made by Millennium. James Karpy designed and sells them...
http://www.millenniumrc.com/Slow%20Stick%20X.html
But I thought Kevin had a GREAT idea - just use a stock slow stick and building a flat foam wing w/ ailerons.. He said it was flat on the bottom and curved on top - and he used 2 servos for the ailerons. Seems more durable to me and a heck of a lot cheaper... And looked to me like it flew great.
I really like the "X" the dozen or so times I've flown it. But I'm still a newbie on ailerons so don't have much confidence - not enough for asphalt for sure. And if I break the wing I'll need to have one of you covering pros show me how it's done. I got the ARF from Graves RC and they told me the covering was "solite" - so I already have a roll for when the time comes. I'm bound to at least punch a whole in it eventually.

thunker54
07-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Flight from the "mini fly-in" at the unclub this morning.... Still fighting quality issues at times on the front camera video. Not sure what the trouble is...

If you'll watch at the end you can see the tail feathers twisting. Since I mount my rear camera under the wing, I think that's actually the wing starting to twist. I'll bet that front wing mount was already cracking and failing on my first flight today...

http://www.vimeo.com/5565938

j4ck4
07-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Hey thanks Doug gonna watch that vid and go take a shower it's been a long day.

smokejohnson
07-13-2009, 09:34 PM
SEPTEMBER 19th WILL BE WOOF AT THE BALD EAGLE CLUB.

We plan to host streamer towing E-Combat. There may be some pylon races if interest is shown, as well as night flying the evening before. Bring your tent or camper and stay the night.

surfer dude
07-14-2009, 02:25 PM
SEPTEMBER 19th WILL BE WOOF AT THE BALD EAGLE CLUB.

I like that date. James you need to post the event on the WattFlyer event calender, the Unclub Blog, and The AMA event calender. You will probably need the Bald Eagle Club AMA number to post the last one.
I'm not good with computers, or flyer layouts, but we need to find someone to make a nice flyer that we can put up at the local hobby shopsl, and at the local clubs. Jack?, Kevin?, Scott?, Doug?,Greg? anyone, anyone, bueller? bueller?

j4ck4
07-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Give me some ideas and I'll make one up, need a couple good photos from past events and I may be able to use some of the ones that are on the website let me look at it. Anyone help me with getting my wing reset-up, I still can't remember what setting it was that I had to change after I got the servos moving the right direction for aileron, to set the elevator in the right direction.

j4ck4
07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Oh, by the way guys they are having a couple big events one at Glue Dobbers this month 24, 25, 26th. Then one next month at Bartlesville I believe, saw posters yesterday at hobbytown, and Model works while looking for the firewall for my Radian.

smokejohnson
07-14-2009, 06:07 PM
I like that date. James you need to post the event on the WattFlyer event calender, the Unclub Blog, and The AMA event calender. You will probably need the Bald Eagle Club AMA number to post the last one.
I'm not good with computers, or flyer layouts, but we need to find someone to make a nice flyer that we can put up at the local hobby shopsl, and at the local clubs. Jack?, Kevin?, Scott?, Doug?,Greg? anyone, anyone, bueller? bueller?

Loyd is working on a flyer for the event so I think that is covered. I will work on getting it posted everywhere else including the AMA.

Give me some ideas and I'll make one up, need a couple good photos from past events and I may be able to use some of the ones that are on the website let me look at it. Anyone help me with getting my wing reset-up, I still can't remember what setting it was that I had to change after I got the servos moving the right direction for aileron, to set the elevator in the right direction.

Bring your wing over Jack, we'll get it going.

Oh, by the way guys they are having a couple big events one at Glue Dobbers this month 24, 25, 26th. Then one next month at Bartlesville I believe, saw posters yesterday at hobbytown, and Model works while looking for the firewall for my Radian.

Aahhh the Heat Wave in the Heartland, I guess it is that time of year again. I like to go check it out but I usually don't stay long, it's just too dang hot.

Skank
07-14-2009, 07:04 PM
What's the plan for those of us who do not have AMA?

I thought WOOF was a Tulsa Unclub thing. Would Heatwave In The Heartland move to the Tulsa Unclub, and require the pilots to join a new organisation to fly there?

This change of venue seems very wrong.

smokejohnson
07-14-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way Skank. WOOF always has been and always will be about fellow Wattflyers getting together to fly and have a good time. It makes it easier to talk pilots into traveling long distances when you can guarantee a freshly mowed runway free of obstructions and soccer players. Not to mention the other perks of flying at the Bald Eagle such as work benches, shade, frequency control, 110v power, and an air conditioned/heated club house. There is also a member of the club (TJ) that has a food service trailer that can prepare lunch for as many people that want to show up :D.

The Unclub is cool and I enjoy flying out there but honestly when you start trying to plan an event there are too many variables that can ruin the event. If we want WOOF to grow and become something that draws in guys from all over it is going to have to be at an AMA field.

smokejohnson
07-14-2009, 09:20 PM
There are guys flying at the Unclub almost every weekend that the weather permits, there was 8 of us out there this past Sunday at 8:00. You can find me out there on the 3rd Saturday of every month with my combat gear for sure. Come on out and fly, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

j4ck4
07-14-2009, 11:11 PM
And Skank
The unclub field is very fun to fly at unless the soccer nerds are out in force, and that hasn't happened in a few weeks. Bald Eagle is nicer because of the air conditioned clubhouse as James said, the benches are also nice so you don't have to get down on the ground to make repairs or even setup your gear on a plane if your like I am and have to move receivers around from plane to plane if you want to fly more than one plane in a day.
So, like James said, come on out at least to the unclub field some Sat or Sun and meet some of us and fly a few circuits of the field. You can see from Thunkers video from the last to weekends that there have been some pretty decent crowds.

:D

surfer dude
07-15-2009, 02:13 AM
After all, this is the Tulsa Unclub thread, isn't it?
Yep, this is the unclub thread. That's why untill you Skank, become a regular part of the unclub group, you really do not have a say in what or where we choose to hold our events.

That being said...

We do welcome you. We do wish you would come and fly with us. We would like you to be a part of our group.

Also like James said there is someone, usually three or four or more pilots at the Unclub field every Saturday, and Sunday at 7:30 or 8am. No dues, No AMA, No Rules. Combat every third Sat. (every week if James, and I are there.)
Please come and fly with us!

As for the Bald Eagle Club, they have become a sister club. We've agreed to help them boost club interest, and club morale by flying Combat there on the first Saturday of every month, and they have agreed to let us have our WOOF event there, two or three times a year. However, because they are an AMA Club, and on Private property, all pilots must have AMA. Sorry:sad: The good news is they will not make us pay the club membership dues to fly there 8-10 times a year. Some of us will join their club.
I look forward to meeting you.
Brett

Grasshopper
07-15-2009, 02:22 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing their club. Sounds like a really nice place. Shade, electricity, AC, nice mowed field and no soccer kids? Sounds great to me.

surfer dude
07-15-2009, 03:00 AM
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=612445&postcount=417

Tom this is the link to some of the video and airial photos of the Bald Eagle field, taken by Lipo Pilot at our first combat day. A/C and a refrigerator is soooo nice!!! It's mowed like a golf course,
AND NO SOCCER !!!

gfdengine204
07-15-2009, 03:06 AM
wow

Having flown with the Unclub fellas at their field, I can tell you it's a very cool location. So is the other field I flew at with James.

As you haven't even FLOWN there, it's disappointing you have such a negative attitude to somewhere you've never been to.

Grasshopper
07-15-2009, 03:28 AM
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=612445&postcount=417

Tom this is the link to some of the video and airial photos of the Bald Eagle field, taken by Lipo Pilot at our first combat day. A/C and a refrigerator is soooo nice!!! It's mowed like a golf course,
AND NO SOCCER !!!

Thanks Brett. Looks really nice. I could even fly my PT-19 and Hurricane off that grass if it's as nice as it sounds.

smokejohnson
07-15-2009, 10:15 AM
You could Tom. They have a huge steel roller filled with concrete that they hook behind a truck and roll across the runway before an event. It's a really smooth flat runway, it's no exaggeration when we say it is like a golf course.

gfdengine204
07-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Skank,

Your user name has little to do with it, it has to do with your perceived attitude.

As for the Bald Eagle talk, well, James started this thread for the Unclub, and if the Unclub is going to Bald Eagle to fly, then it is most CERTAINLY on-topic. If anything, by your own standards, your post above is mostly off-topic.

Maybe try being nice to folks, and they may try to be nice to you. Everyone else in this thread seems to get along ok.

Rabbitcreekok
07-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Hello Guy.

smokejohnson
07-15-2009, 08:44 PM
All I want is to have more guys to fly with. I have friends at the Unclub that I know will never join the AMA or the Bald Eagle and that is fine. Both fields have their merits and I plan on flying at both. That is my choice just as you have a choice to only fly at the Unclub. I'm sorry if this upsets you.