PDA

View Full Version : My first Spitfire

nz builder
02-14-2006, 01:34 AM
Hi I've just been finishing off building my Spitfire VB. What a lot of fun it's been. Before I fit any gear Im dremeling off any excess weight etc. I've made a foamie to the exact proportions of the pictured Spit. The foamie will be the test plane in order to get some flying chops before I dare fly the wood one. I also have a high wing trainer I will be logging up some stick time. Having the Spit waiting is my incentive I guess. The wingspan is 30' and im looking to install a brushless motor.

nz builder
02-14-2006, 01:43 AM
I should of put this in the Warbirds forum ooooooooops! If any one would like to see any more pics just add your comment.

RickG
02-20-2006, 05:26 PM
The one in the pic is the wood version, right? Looks really nice. Any pics of the foamy "stunt double"?

nz builder
02-21-2006, 01:21 AM
I havent finished the foam one yet. So far it's just a cut out and I have to say that Im not going to go nuts on it as far as finishing etc. My thinking with the foam one is that if it takes longer than a couple of nights to build i missed to point of making a "double". I'll post some pics of the foam spit once I get the rest of the gear for it. Like I said the foam one will be an inexpensive "trainer" that wont break my heart if I smash it up.