PDA

View Full Version : Split from Vampire thread

St. Martin
02-11-2006, 10:03 PM
It is quite nice over here! Glade to be here.

Steve

U812
02-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Steve! Your here! Good! Damn good. And see I didn't get a warning for saying damn. Or Jesus that's a nice airplane. Or.......;)

Guys this guy can build great stuff. He's a real modeler.

Steve

U812
02-12-2006, 08:05 AM
And Gene. I'm spilling my beer here laughing at you and Netmachanic and your tearing it up on EZone. Tear up boys. This is so entertaining. LMAO!!!!!!!!

Steve

St. Martin
02-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Well..by jeezuss..I'm glad to be here! (opps..can I say that here?) Thanx, Steve!

Steve

U812
02-12-2006, 08:39 AM
You bet Steve!

Steve

roccobro
02-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Welcome aboard! No problems finding proper EDF ships here, 'eh? :D

Justin

St. Martin
02-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi Justin! Thanx! Good to have a forum this time of year. We are in the middle of a "nor-easter" thats supposed to dump quite a bit of the white stuff on us. I want so much to go and throw my MiG on it's maiden sortie. Not sure if spring will be here till June.. Well..back to the work shop room. I have more ducting to make..

Steve

U812
02-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Steve,

See what I've been up too. My other hobby. Visit my forum: www.subpirates.com ;)

Steve

P.S. Justin you get over there too.

easytiger
02-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi Justin! Thanx! Good to have a forum this time of year. We are in the middle of a "nor-easter" thats supposed to dump quite a bit of the white stuff on us. I want so much to go and throw my MiG on it's maiden sortie. Not sure if spring will be here till June.. Well..back to the work shop room. I have more ducting to make..

Steve

Beleive it! I am sitting in Midtown Manhattan right now, looking out the window at the Empire State Building...there is a foot of snow on the ground, and it's still coming down...hard.

I think I have to scratch my plans to go out to Floyd Bennett Field today!

Central Park and sledding it is....

easytiger
02-12-2006, 02:33 PM

Steve

"Glade" to be here? Glade air freshener? Are you saying someone smells? Well, it's not me, I checked my shoes when I walked in...

roccobro
02-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Must be me, these 80 degree weather "storms" are killing my winter and making me sweat. :D

Steve- That is some awesome work. I especially like the pictures of your project with the sweet aircrafts hanging on the wall. :p DOn't tell me you have some rc land based vehicles too...

Justin

St. Martin
02-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Ha..Ha.. my key board is old. Some tim es I get a space after the "M" or the "E" functions when the "De" is hit. That what happens when you store an old key board in the dusty shop.

Steved

easytiger
02-12-2006, 06:57 PM

Steve

It IS nice over here, isin't it? A little more adult, a lot less baggage, and it seems like a more experienced brand of modeller.

St. Martin
02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Well what I like, so far, is that there is no rocket scientist or neuclear fizacist, telling m e that putting a m inifan in a KY T-33 with m y ducting is a "down grade" from stock. Or similar comments. But, we'll see. They m ight head over here, too.

Steve

Bill G
02-12-2006, 07:10 PM

Steve

Good to see another talented builder made it over here. What Mig did you build? I'm near finished on a 21 scratchbuild, just going through a bit of a burn out phase on it. Happens at the end of builds.

Bill G
02-12-2006, 07:13 PM
And Gene. I'm spilling my beer here laughing at you and Netmachanic and your tearing it up on EZone. Tear up boys. This is so entertaining. LMAO!!!!!!!!

Steve

Hey Steve, remember Zebulon's posts on the zone? It was probably bourkee. That's why they stayed up so long. I'm going to have to have a look at this "tearing it up" on the zone myself, for a laugh.

St. Martin
02-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi Bill, It's the RT MiG-15 short kit. I m ight as well do a quick thread on it. I don't think Steve and Barry will mind if I post a pic.
I like the 21. There should be a minifan sized kit for it or plans.
Steve

easytiger
02-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Well what I like, so far, is that there is no rocket scientist or neuclear fizacist, telling m e that putting a m inifan in a KY T-33 with m y ducting is a "down grade" from stock. Or similar comments. But, we'll see. They m ight head over here, too.

Steve

Some of the nukular theoreticians over there blow me away. Lots of graphs and drawings and pictures with circles and arrows on the back of them telling you what will fly and what won't...but not a shred of balsa scraps to be found anywhere. Motocalc THIS, chairborne wannabees!

easytiger
02-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi Bill, It's the RT MiG-15 short kit. I m ight as well do a quick thread on it. I don't think Steve and Barry will mind if I post a pic.
I like the 21. There should be a minifan sized kit for it or plans.
Steve

A company called BZ Modellbau out of Germany makes a couple of different glass and foam EDF versions of the Mig-21. There was a thread about one on RCgoofs, but the builder had no idea what he was doing and ruined it. I have heard tell from some guys who did the larger BZ Modellbau kits that they were all right.

Kriptonic
02-12-2006, 07:29 PM

Steve

Well since the mods are now some paid high school kids over there, they sure let you get a way with murder, tho i still hate the fact that you cant type **** without having someone Narc on you, so my inbox of msg's is full of "this post was reported to the moderator". What can i do but ream some of those fools over there who don't know **** from shine-o-la.

Gene

easytiger
02-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Where's the tussle? Got a link?

The way the moderators were treated really disturbed me. And I didn't even LIKE all the moderators! But to take the people who made the site what it was and toss them out like that, that shows something about the charachter of the owner.
The report system is pathetic. That's for kids, not adults. It's just not a pleasant atmosphere anymore.
It also seems like the site was totally taken over by amateurs, and the guys who know where they are going are reluctant to post anymore. Too bad, it was good while it lasted.
Hope they stay around, as a site for newbies(who DO need a place to go), but it would be nice to have a place like this where the the dialogue was a little more advanced. I don't mean to sound snobby, I just don't want to be stuck on the beginner's green dot trails all day, it's no fun for me anymore, I need some double black diamonds!

thomdoe
02-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Looks like anice plane

Kriptonic
02-13-2006, 02:27 AM
Here is the link to the thread at RCDorks
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473510&pp=15

You guys might have a laugh.

Gene

U812
02-13-2006, 02:34 AM
Wow those paid mods are so much better than Chris and Gregg and Kevin. Aren't they? LOL!!!LMAO!!!! Boy that place is really going to hell in a hand basket and quick.

The sub section gets less than a post a day since I got out of there and took everyone with me to my own forum. Not much in the jets section either.

Steve

Kriptonic
02-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Yea you could say RCGroups is going to sh** fast.

Gene

cmon gene...(watt the?!)..

easytiger
02-13-2006, 02:48 AM
The whole "report" thing is so pathetic. It's McCarthyist crap-ola.

I had people going through all 3000 of my old posts, LOOKING for things to report. Swear to God, I got warnings for posts that were years old, because some schnook decided to take advantage of that system, and be all petty. On the other hand, when I myself started reporting people, JimbERK promptly gave me ten points himself and a permanent ban...for reporting people.

easytiger
02-13-2006, 02:50 AM
And does it not strike you as incredible that mods donated their time for YEARS, and when the time comes for somebody to actually get PAID...it's not them...it's somebody completely new?

U812
02-13-2006, 03:15 AM
No it doesn't. It's what I'd expect from Jim.

Steve

Bill G
02-13-2006, 03:47 AM
Okay, so I had a stupid issue with CT that I hope is all blown in the wind now, but at this point, I'd love to hear it from him, about all the bs that really happened over there. Don't worry, jimbo-oorkee can't come over here and shoot you, at least I think its against his beliefs, Right?

Easytiger, brrkeee obviously did not give any of your side of the story. This is the first I've heard of it here from you, and its believable. He said you were getting ridiculous about reporting people and banned you. I basically had it over there with the same thing. Brkeee would ge a report from me from some young punks abusing the system, throw his points at me for a misconstrued attack, when I second of investigating would show the punks had been trolling the **** out of me.
My theory is stop the policing, and let us decide. We're all smart enough to decide who is a dedicated contributor. On that note, most of the real ******es never post any pics, build threads, or anything of value.

Sorry to interrupt your post Steve. Eventually they will be old news over there.

easytiger
02-13-2006, 03:54 AM
Chris True is one of the good guys, for sure. Doubt he holds a grudge, or ever remembers, from a mod's perspective, I'd guess dustups are pretty routine...I certianly don't remember you and he tussling, could not have been THAT bad! It WOULD be great to hear the real scoop from him, but maybe he does not really KNOW what happened...

Bill G
02-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Man, that was a fast reply! Yeah, I try not to hold grudges, and have proof of it, in that myself and others talk after dropping nonsense. Where I draw the line is when these guys go to great length to expose someone as bad, when they had no issue with them.

Bill G
02-13-2006, 04:28 AM
Steve, I had to go over there and see the "tearing it up" stuff. Much more entertaining than expected. I didn't entirely lose it until I read the whole thread, and found out is was profile!:D :eek: No offense to profile, just the price!! Well, I hope this is legal, and no offense intended for publicising, but this stuff is just too good to go unnoticed. It would be like missing out on a past Sam Kinnison appearance (man that guy was great!)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473510&pp=20

Still, the funniest part: Going to his site and seeing the dorks picture!!!
:D :p :eek: :D:eek: :eek: !!!

U812
02-13-2006, 04:36 AM
Ok I did a bad thing. But I was drinking beer and said to myself "I haven't been over there for awhile I wonder what's new and funny"?

Then I found Net's post and then Gene's. I laughed so hard I spilled a beer on the keyboard.

Now Barry will come here to post some more on the Vamp and wonder if he's in the right thread. It will take him a few beers to figure that out and get this thread back on course!!LOL!!!

I'm still laughing. I saw that picture. I kind of felt bad laughing at it because the poor guy is a happy camper. Remember when we had such joy flying stuff like that before we became the great builders? I do. But for that price!!!!!!!????? I guess that's what really makes me laugh!!!;)

Steve

Bill G
02-13-2006, 04:39 AM
Yeah, I'd really like to see more of your Vampire, than that profile stuff myself. back on track.

Kriptonic
02-13-2006, 05:54 AM
enough of the thread hijacking, now back to buisness,,,, but it was fun while it lasted. ...lol.........

Gene

watt_the?!
02-13-2006, 07:05 AM
if everyone's happy im going to get rid of the OT posts to keep this on the vampire...

please let me know if you have a problem with that.

Tim

St. Martin
02-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, Gene, it's a good thing you did not use the name of the Holy One in those posts. You might have been personally anointed to drive out all those demons..

I have said far worse things over there than some of you. Maybe my last name has something to do with it?

Steve

easytiger
02-13-2006, 03:34 PM
if everyone's happy im going to get rid of the OT posts to keep this on the vampire...

please let me know if you have a problem with that.

Tim

Kind of, yeah!
Here you have a batch of the brighter stars of the EDF firmament who have come over to play, adults all, shooting the breeze a bit, and passing information around, and the first thing that happens is someone steps in and starts to play milk monitor. What for? Did anybody complain? Was there a PROBLEM here? Leave it alone!
If it's going to be like THAT, then people might as well stay over on RCgoofs. Lighten up.
I don't think Barry is complaining about anything being off topic, is he?

easytiger
02-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Well, Gene, it's a good thing you did not use the name of the Holy One in those posts. You might have been personally anointed to drive out all those demons..

I have said far worse things over there than some of you. Maybe my last name has something to do with it?

Steve

Who IS St. Martin, anyway? The patron saint of quality balsa?

monkamarm2000
02-13-2006, 06:58 PM
no complaints here, not reallyoff topic anyway when you consider first part of my thread was hey im here now too, and then same thing with other buddies from groups chiming in with heyt im here too! Its all good amongst friends.

Barry

U812
02-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Same here.

Hey Curtis. Steve's one of the good ones. A talented builder who can both scratch and build kits.

He's a good man.

Steve

easytiger
02-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Steve's the greatest, no worries here, I was talking about the unneeded moderation, not Steve...

Mike Parsons
02-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Lets keep the thread on the subject line please. A little off topic banter is not a problem, but when it folds over to a new page and dominates the thread, it is. There is some good build photos and construction information here, lets keep it going.
If you want to shoot the breeze take it to the Off topic forum, PM or email please.

Thanks,
Mike

ParkJetsFlyer
02-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks Mike, I just wrote basiclly the same thing, in this post.

One word of Advice Guys, Don't post anything you wouldn't want your children or grandkids reading, take it private, PLEASE!!

RT Models
02-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Looking great guys! Good to see your still at it Steve ;)

easytiger
02-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Mark, the little vampire on your site is kinda kute! Any release date on that?

Bet St. Martin can crank one out in no time...

Bill G
02-13-2006, 11:03 PM
no complaints here, not reallyoff topic anyway when you consider first part of my thread was hey im here now too, and then same thing with other buddies from groups chiming in with heyt im here too! Its all good amongst friends.

Barry

Not really off topic at all. We were having a blast "talking" about overpriced flat foam EDFs. Still EDFs, and more entertaining than any EDF kit bashing thread I've ever seen.

RT Models
02-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi Easy,
Hope all well in the snow belt ;) I don't want to hijack Steve and Barry's thread so in short. I am revising the small Beaver cut file now and also working on the lil Vamp cut file. That will be done in a week or so. Then I will do a quick build just to verify everything fits ok and will go into production if everything is ok. Mid - late March if everything goes well. No need for flight testing as this one has seen a whole lot of airtime the past year. It will be in Flying Models sometime this year as a plan according to Frank.

I am really impressed with Steve and Barry's version and may get one to do for myself in the future :)

Thanks,

easytiger
02-14-2006, 02:51 AM
You guys see the antigravity equipped Oakdale F-35?

U812
02-14-2006, 03:03 AM
Hey Mark,

Gad to see your still at it too! thanks man.

steve

U812
02-14-2006, 03:04 AM
Curtis,
What??? Explain.

steve

Kriptonic
02-14-2006, 05:02 AM
Aah man, i'm now up to 7 points on RCDorks, it took them a week to give them to me (thats how fast paid mods work) But i do enjoy Kit bashing on RCDorks, especialy when the product is a true POS, and the fact they were asking over $80 for some depron, they deserved the bashing. On the other hand I am noticing more and more true builders on here, and that my friends can be a good thing. Hurry up on the Vamp... i want to see it fly... video!!!

Gene

easytiger
02-14-2006, 05:30 AM
Curtis,
What??? Explain.

steve

I was searching for other people's Oakdale F-35s, to compare with mine, and it lead to a thread with a guy named Uriah who was asking if there was room for a flux capacitor or somesuch in the oakdale kit. I looked up what he was talking about, it was an antigravity device. No lie!

The stoopids have taken over!

Bill G
02-14-2006, 05:49 AM
Aah man, i'm now up to 7 points on RCDorks, it took them a week to give them to me (thats how fast paid mods work) But i do enjoy Kit bashing on RCDorks, especialy when the product is a ture POS, and the fact they were asking over $80 for some depron, they deserved the bashing. On the other hand I am noticing more and more ture builders on here, and that my friends can be a good thing. Hurry up on the Vamp... i want to see it fly... video!!!

Gene
Gene I was lauging all day at work, couldn't get that thread out of my head.:D :eek: :D !!
Some things like some brand new guy thinking you're all his buddies saying "check it out guys, cool" when you know they are reall the seller, are like taping the "kick me" sign to yourself. Thanks agian for the humor, I need stuff like this to pick up the spirits lately. Apologies agian Steve for thread butting, it takes me a few days to get stuff this hillarious out of my head. I still haven't decided which is the funniest: you, him, or his site.:D

Kriptonic
02-14-2006, 06:36 AM
I'm glad that you enjoyed that thread, too bad some of the posts were blocked and you have to click the "View Post" link to read, but it's well worth it. I just can't belive how low some people go to push there S**T now and days. Too bad that over there at RCDorks it's all about Jim Bourke getting paid from selling Ad space. I don't like to demean people but those knuckleheads sure deserved every word i said, and didn't say.
I still can't belive they are trying to pedle POS depron foam as an EDF Kit. So many people have read that thread and hence msg'ed me with how much they laughed and enjoyed reading it, that it's a shame they closed it. So much for RCDorks and the losers that ratted me out over there, a bunch of pansies i tell ya.

Gene

easytiger
02-14-2006, 12:45 PM
You missed my great anti-GWS rant! THAT was a funny thread...

That same thing just happened here, with another depron peddler: "Hey, look at this cool model I just discovered!" I hate shills.

Besides...

Depron sucks. Period!

easytiger
02-14-2006, 01:05 PM
"Hey,

would a Vasa 65 EDF fit in the Oakdale F35 JSF???

here is my thread... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=27#post5031971 (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476590&page=27#post5031971)

if i can get up to 40,000 rpms with that EDF it will be producing about 23 oz of thrust. SO HOW MUCH DOWS THIS AIRFRAME WEIGHT??? with out anything... just the Molded Fuselage, ducting, hatches, foam core flying surfaces

also, is there excess room to add all the parts I want to install???

1) High Voltage PSU
2) two 3C 3100 mAh LiPoly batteries (one for EDF, other for the ElectroHydroDynamic propulsion system.
3) FS8 CoPilot

????????? http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif"

easytiger
02-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Applied Electrogravitics, the leader in consumer antigravity.

Say, Steve...is your Huckebein equipped with Jeffries Tubes to accomodate a standard Spacely Astrodyne C-plus Gravitron Drive?

Bill G
02-14-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm glad that you enjoyed that thread, too bad some of the posts were blocked and you have to click the "View Post" link to read, but it's well worth it. I just can't belive how low some people go to push there S**T now and days. Too bad that over there at RCDorks it's all about Jim Bourke getting paid from selling Ad space. I don't like to demean people but those knuckleheads sure deserved every word i said, and didn't say.
I still can't belive they are trying to pedle POS depron foam as an EDF Kit. So many people have read that thread and hence msg'ed me with how much they laughed and enjoyed reading it, that it's a shame they closed it. So much for RCDorks and the losers that ratted me out over there, a bunch of pansies i tell ya.
Gene

He's gotten so bad over there that he gives penalties for using the "censored" icon that he provided. He told one guy that circumventing the swear word filter will still get you bad language points. The way I see it, if you effectively circumvented the swear word filter, then you didn't swear, did you? Burned me for frgn. How did he know it wasn't an abbreviation for "foreign"? You can't make assumptions like that, just because I had the word break after it.
Better yet, I thought he would have been on your side Gene, since the guy was trying to circumvent the "you need to pay JB to advertise" rule.

St. Martin
02-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Looking great guys! Good to see your still at it Steve ;)

Mark, you and m yself are like the proverbial horse dung. Were everywhere..!..!

Steve

oski
02-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi Steve. Wow! I haven't been on the EZone thread in a while because I'm building a three car garage and errecting a 30 x 48 steel building (all by myself, almost) For the hobbies! I thought something looked strange about about the zone. Everyone of any ability is over here! This one looks almost identical to the old EZone. Don't like the looks of the new zone format. Did someone say all the old moderators were fired?

Mike

easytiger
02-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Yup! All fired. And some other people paid to take their places.

Don Sims
02-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Actually, several of them quit in protest over the treatment of a couple of mods, then he got rid of the rest.

easytiger
02-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Did you ever really wonder WHY all the moderators were so abruptly terminated?

Bill G
02-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Actually, several of them quit in protest over the treatment of a couple of mods, then he got rid of the rest.

Looking at "my replies", Man! this things still going.
Yeah, the truth slowly comes out Don.
Do they really have paid mods of is it just him and Mike K?