PDA

View Full Version : New Supershort video of E-QM40 Racer!!

jetdryvr
02-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Here's a really short video of my newest plane.

Go to:
http://www.flyemfast.com

Right click on the Vendetta "Way Better supershort video"
Click save target as....
Then view with windows media player.
Hope you like.

Jason T
02-16-2006, 05:03 PM
jetdryvr,

Welcome to Wattflyer!

Nice video! That is fast! Looks like it would be hard to land.

Vendetta
02-16-2006, 06:02 PM
I finally got one named after me ! Wow, what an honor ! ;)

Nice one jetdryvr... Quick little bastard, eh? What's top speed on her?

jetdryvr
02-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I started my taxes and it said I was going to get $1800 back so I ordered a ProSpeed Cr-1k radar gun. I finished my taxes and found out I owe $600. Oh well. The gun is supposed to be here soon. I will radar the plane this weekend if the gun gets here in time. YES! the plane can be tough to land. The weird part is that usually when it touches down it noses over and skids on the teflon airscoop. At first I was irritated but now I realize it's great. It's like having brakes. I just added a little piece of nylon to my scoop. I had a tough time getting it on the ground on the flight that the video was from.

Jason T
02-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah, that stinks about your taxes.

I am very curious to see what this clocks at on the radar. :)

Vendetta
02-17-2006, 04:39 AM
I feel your pain...

I actually sent my taxes to my accountant 2 days ago and just got a call earlier that I owe $$... grrr.... I typically get 4k-5k back. My wife is a realtor and for some odd reason decided to work this year and made $40k non taxed and completely killed me... She didnt give me a final # just said she had to work on it a bit more... I had thought of buying a century Swift or maybe a TREX... Doesnt look like that will happen.... :(

jetdryvr
02-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Here is a decription of todays events from Steve C:

Discussion - Neu powered Vendetta on Radar today...BIG numbers!

Hey guys,
Erik the Vendetta guy is now the proud owner of a Prospeed radar gun. He came out to fly with me and Marcus today.

There was very little wind today. At times it was dead calm, just very cold!

With a 7x7 Aeronuat the Vendetta flew around in the low 170's with one long run and a slight dive bringing it up to 190 mph.

Erik then loaded the plane up with another set of batteries and switched to a 7.4 x 8 APC pylon prop. The acceleration was much faster and the plane did every pass at over 190. So, Erik went a long ways away and came back straight at us. I watched the radar gun pick up the plane at about 196 and it climbed all the way to 201 as he went over our heads.

201 mph. I was pretty surprised. That's darn fast.
The Neu motor was only 100 degrees when he got the wing off. Very good stuff and it just proves you get what you pay for.

The radar gun picked up our planes very well and plenty far away. My Cyclone stalls at about 18mph and will climb verticly (right from launch) at 54mph and hold until you can't see it. http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif My Swift heli turned in a dissapointing top speed of 62mph. I think it needs a ducted fan between the skids. http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Steve C

Here is my setup:
Specs:
Neu 15/15/2y
Hacker 135-O-F5B
This was only the 2nd prop I've tried. It was a 7.4 X 8 APC Carbon racing.
Three EVO 3700's. IE: 9s1P. This is definitely enough duration. The most I've replaced of 3700mah was 2200mah after flying for 7 minutes. Full throttle about 65% of the time. Usually I back it off on downwind then come by us full-on.
JR 770 receiver. (THat reminds me of something else. I don't advertise for anyone but ever since I put a JR 770 in one of my small F5D's and never got a hit, I have continued to put them in every plane I own. In the Vendetta, the aileron servo wires run right over battery wires and the receiver is about 2 inches from the main power output from the speed control. I have not had the plane do one thing that I did not ask it to do. There was not enough room to do much else and luckily it has been flawless.
And a STRONG/AND FAST Servo on the elevator. It is tough to move the elevator very far and I only have one elevator servo on there (unlike my others) so I didn't skimp.
Oh yea...I'm running a 5-cell receiver pack. I love how fast the servos are on 5-cells.

Jason T
02-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Wow! Congrats, that is awesome!

Who makes the oversquare prop that size? Also, do you know what the amp draw is?

jetdryvr
02-20-2006, 07:35 PM
The prop I changed to was a 7.4 X 8 carbon racing prop by APC. It was FASTER. I do not know the amp draw. It was pulling around 85 static with a 7 X 7. It really unloads too so it would be nice to put one of those eagletree systems amp/watt/rpm meters onboard.
Erik