PDA

View Full Version : AP Plane Bluecor Aileron wing <New Camera Mount on post #3>

TaSaJaRa
02-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Well had a little mishap with my slow stick the other day. Wing hit a sign post when landing. Snaped the fuse boom.

So I decided to add a little to it. I added 4" to the fuse, made some new tail feathers from balsa. New 3/32 landing gear and a new steerable tail wheel.
I also gave it more power. JustGoFly 450TH (http://justgofly.com/tech_450TH.htm) Geared 3.89:1 on a RED (http://justgofly.com/Order%20Form.htm#Gearboxes) anodized aluminum gearbox , turnning an APC 12x6e prop.

The plane did very well. Good power when carring my camera.
I have a short in flight video. It was a bit windy so it want be that smooth of a flight. We had 15+mph wind gust that day.
But maybe you can get an idea. uploading video now will post later....
Later Tas...

TaSaJaRa
02-20-2006, 06:43 AM
Sorry it took longer to get it posted just a bit busy...
Anyway Here is my <<VIDEO>> (http://media.putfile.com/RC-AP-plane-in-flight-video-Slow-Stick-ver--2)

TaSaJaRa
02-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Well just finished my new camera mount. Ready to go out and give it a try.
I should be able to get most of my AP shots close to level with the horizon with my new mount.
I also used an old 350 gws gear box shaft and bearings for my pivot point. Only time will tell how well it works.
Here are a few pics below to show you how it turned out. I also put a small foam block in the center to dampen the tilting action.

Later Tas...

Let me know what you think???

TaSaJaRa
02-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I took a few pic tues evening and camera mount worked pretty good.

aviatordave
02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
I like your self leveling mount, looks pretty neat. I have been looking into something like this for awhile now and you actually gave me some good ideas. The small piece of foam in the middle looks like a good idea also.

Just curious...... with the self leveling mount, as your plane is constantly moving forward, does the mount have a tendency to tilt back due to the forward force? Or maybe wind resistance causes it to tilt back?

If that makes sense, could you let me know? Thanks!

-Dave

Steve
02-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Very nice! I like the idea of a gimbal mount. I would assume that the weight of the camera would keep it level as long as your speeds were relatively low.

Well just finished my new camera mount. Ready to go out and give it a try.
I should be able to get most of my AP shots close to level with the horizon with my new mount.
I also used an old 350 gws gear box shaft and bearings for my pivot point. Only time will tell how well it works.
Here are a few pics below to show you how it turned out. I also put a small foam block in the center to dampen the tilting action.

Later Tas...

Let me know what you think???

TaSaJaRa
02-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Just curious...... with the self leveling mount, as your plane is constantly moving forward, does the mount have a tendency to tilt back due to the forward force? Or maybe wind resistance causes it to tilt back?

If that makes sense, could you let me know? Thanks!

-Dave

Yes it will move back due to the wind. But when you slow to 1/3 throttle it hangs pretty level. Only at full throttle does it tend to move back a lot.
But not many people take pictures that fast. LOL :D
All in all it works pretty good.

Thanks for the kind words....

TaSaJaRa
02-26-2006, 02:43 PM
I forgot to post my total flying weight.
Just checked it and RTF is 2 lbs 13oz or 45oz
Carring a 5mp Optio S5z and a 2200mAh 3s 15c battery
Later Tas...

bhchan
02-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Tas...,

I like that landing gear, did you make it yourself or it is a store bought unit?

TaSaJaRa
02-26-2006, 05:07 PM
I made it my self... 3/32 music wire, I used 14ga speaker wire divided buy 4 to wrap the joints.
Sanded the joints added a little flux wraped with wire then add soilder.
Makes a good stiff landing gear for heavy loads. Once I got one side bent like I wanted it.
I made an outline on paper so I could lay it down to make the second bends identical.

Close up pics, and measurements below.

Have any questions?? just ask...

Later Tas....

nakelp86
02-27-2006, 02:07 AM
Dave
cool plane Thx for sharing
Funny, I got Radioheads on my old vid too ( Like a Stone)

bhchan
02-27-2006, 06:22 AM
Tas..

looks good, I will make one. Thanks