PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Model MIG-15 Elec. Ducted Fan

Don Adkins
02-17-2006, 02:37 AM
Anyone out there tried to put one of these kits together? Assembly and wiring of the ducted fan/motor has got me scratching my head.:confused:

Dick
02-17-2006, 05:16 PM
I have Don, and maybe I can pass on some information that might help you. On the plans the illustration of the electrics is marked "B" and ACCU is the battery,"R" is the ESC, RX is the reciever, "M" is the fan motor and the "S1 and S2" are the servos. In the installation of these items they leave alot of details for you to figure out.There are quite a few threads on the construction of the plane and I suggest that you search around untill you find them or you can drop me an email DLW6KM@AOL.COM with specific questions and I will try and respond right away. By the way you do not list your location but I am in San Jose, Ca so if close a phone call might also work. The MIG is a great kit and is not for the beginner as it flys at a pretty good clip. Gud Flying.......Dick

Don Adkins
02-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the info Dick. After I posted the thread I went to HL web site and found some photos there of the interior that were also useful.Getting the wiring from the motor thru those small holes in the rear cap was a challange. Had to enlarge the holes to the max allowable. Not much there to work with but got it done. Bench tested the motor yesterday and that went well.Ready to move on. I anticipate some additional challanges but thats what makes it worth while. By the way I'm located in Beveryl Hills.FL.;)

Jagzilla
02-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Don, If you go over to RC Groups.com, and run a search, you'll find an absolute ton of info on this plane. I have the F-86, and love it!
J

Don Adkins
03-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Belated thanks for the advise to go to rcgroups. You were right on.Found a bunch of info on the mig15 there