PDA

View Full Version : Free plans to the hydrofoam

Mike Parsons
08-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Here are some free plans to the Hydrofoam plane/boat. The kit is a great value, but if you just want to kill a Saturday, then here you go :). These are not my plans as I downloaded them from another forum. I have seen the finished result though and they are very good.

**update**
Plan's for the MHO are provided by red from http://www.redshangarone.com/ They are attached as a zip file to this post.

bz1mcr
08-14-2005, 01:33 AM
I can not get the plans to print out as several pages. On the screen I see several pages, but the printer seems to think it is one large page and instead of printing it on several tiled pages it just wants to print one letter sized page.

Can some one help??

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-14-2005, 06:36 PM
There should be three PDF files - One is the plans them selves on one sheet, the other has them tiled on one sheet - and the third has them broken up into pages.

If you are missing that one - I can send it to you.

bz1mcr
08-15-2005, 04:00 AM
I can get the first two, but "the third" is missing. I think that is the one I need.
Don

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-15-2005, 04:55 PM
bz - email me at aclemons23@aol.com and I will send it to you.

ForestCam
08-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Wouldn't mind building one of these but did you happen to come across any assembly instructions when you found the plans?
Heck, just knowing where the CG is supposed to be would be a huge help I'd think.

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-15-2005, 08:29 PM
CG is supposed to be about 45mm from the leading edge.

3dfoamworks
08-15-2005, 09:39 PM
If anyone wants me to laser cut their plane let me know.

EpoweredRc
08-15-2005, 11:09 PM
If anyone wants me to laser cut their plane let me know.

How much would you charge?I would love to have one of these things but to lazy to do all that cutting and stuff.

3dfoamworks
08-16-2005, 05:26 AM
How much would you charge?I would love to have one of these things but to lazy to do all that cutting and stuff.

20.00 plus shipping.

boberos
08-16-2005, 09:50 PM
To 3dfoamworks,

Because of the beating these things take, I would like to see it cut from EPP.

3dfoamworks
08-16-2005, 09:51 PM
We can do that.

keebler
08-16-2005, 10:50 PM
20.00 plus shipping.
does the laser cutting include the assembly instructions and where to put the electronics? ETC...:D

Tow Man
08-17-2005, 03:37 AM
TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT'S DO, THOSE ARE "PROPERS" (FROM E-ZONE) PLANS. aND THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT HIS THREAD AT THE ZONE.

TM(TYPED IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE MY RIGHT HAND IS IN A CAST)

nolmscheid
08-17-2005, 07:58 PM
So take off your CAPS lock then! :-)

BTW, hello fellow MN. Where do you purchase your DOW BluCor from?

Tow Man
08-17-2005, 09:26 PM
It's Easier With Them Locked. Don't Have To Hit The Shift Key. I Get All Of My Fff From Mill's Fleet Farm Here In Alexandria, Price Is Usually Around 30 Bucks.

Tm

nolmscheid
08-17-2005, 10:01 PM
He he...just joking around.

I ended up finding some in fleet in Brooklyn Park. They only had three bundles of it. Does the Fleet in Alex. carry a lot of it?

Next time I am in St. Cloud I will see what they have as well.

Take Care
Nathan

Tow Man
08-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah Fleet Farm In Alex Usually Has Quite A Bit Of It.

I Know You Were Just Joking, Haveing A Cast On The Hand You Use The Most Just Really Sucks.

Tm

George Navarro
08-21-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm building my first hydro. The only peoblem I have is the servo hook up. I know you need three servos. Do you need a mixer on these? I have everything ready to put together.
Thanks
George

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-21-2005, 05:39 AM
Yes - your radio needs a mixing function or you will need a seperate mixer. This kit really needs dual rates and expo too, so a decent radio is very much recommended.

Fly-n-3D
08-21-2005, 07:13 PM
I plan on building one out of 6mm bluecor. What battery/motor would go well with it?

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-21-2005, 09:38 PM
From what I have seen - this design works best on the Little Screamer brushless motor and a 730mah 3S lipo pack.

George Navarro
08-23-2005, 03:09 AM
Got one built and I'm starting to install all the electorics. Does anyone have a problem keeping this area dry? Do I have to make a sealed compartment? I would like to fly this off the water.
George

hypersoniq
08-23-2005, 04:10 AM
several on E-zone have given the electronics a "bath" in Corrosion-X http://www.corrosionx.com/
this seems to be the best way to avoid excess heat that would be a problem with sealed compartments or plastic wrap.

George Navarro
08-23-2005, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the info but I still would like to know what the other builders are doing. Is it a must to keep everything dry? I'm not sure if there will be a problem if things get wet? I cann't tell if the prop is throughing water back in the videos.

erashby
08-23-2005, 05:49 AM
several on E-zone have given the electronics a "bath" in Corrosion-X http://www.corrosionx.com/
this seems to be the best way to avoid excess heat that would be a problem with sealed compartments or plastic wrap.

I didn't see anything on the website that said that it was for PC boards/electronics. Maybe it is fine. Several years ago, when I liked to run my E-max R/C truck through puddles and in the snow, I found "Conformal Coating. The spray bottle (and shipping) was about $20, and I had to order it from a place that usually ships cases not ssingle spray cans. But it is a waterproof coating that is made for electronics/PC boards, etc. for my servos, I sealed then with silicone and thick gear grease at the spine exiting the case.

What do the R/C boat guys use?
Eric

ohmer
08-27-2005, 10:12 PM
this is the THING that runs on the ground, lawn, water???? and air.

pb1011
08-30-2005, 03:46 AM
Can someone send me the last page of the hydro foam plans.

puppy22
08-31-2005, 10:54 AM
what material should i use?
the plans i saw (by the way i only have 2 pages) are in 2D but as i saw on the video, the boat has also curves .....

can anyone help on that? i mean, do i have to make a mould or what...

also the draws in pdf format, is true size?

Biggles@kdm
08-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Someone mentioned EPP as a superior product to foam, what is it and where can I find it, what glue does it use, and can I cut it safely with a laser ?

Any assistance on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

JR

puppy22
08-31-2005, 02:10 PM
take a look here...

http://www.ezonemag.com/pages/faq/a803.shtml

cu ;)

Biggles@kdm
08-31-2005, 02:32 PM
Ahhhh, I think !

Thanks Puppy.

JR :rolleyes:

bz1mcr
08-31-2005, 11:52 PM
what material should i use?
the plans i saw (by the way i only have 2 pages) are in 2D but as i saw on the video, the boat has also curves .....

can anyone help on that? i mean, do i have to make a mould or what...

also the draws in pdf format, is true size?
You can download RED's build instructions here. . www.redshangarone.com

budweiser
09-22-2005, 02:31 AM
are these plans scaled and is the plane made from 6mm foam

Reformed Nitroaddict
09-22-2005, 03:12 PM
The plans are full size and the plane is made with 3mm depron.

Stratosman
10-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Can someone send me the last page of the hydro foam plans.I can't get it to download. Stratosman@comcast.net
Thanks

larrypaul
10-13-2005, 12:02 AM
am having trouble downloading plans, keep getting a message to look on the internet to open downloade plans, or go to the

larrypaul
10-13-2005, 12:05 AM
:mad: am having trouble downloading plans, keep getting a message to look on the internet to open downloade plans, or go to the source, don,t understand, am very interested.......

Larrypaul:mad:

bz1mcr
10-13-2005, 02:16 AM
:mad: am having trouble downloading plans, keep getting a message to look on the internet to open downloade plans, or go to the source, don,t understand, am very interested.......

Larrypaul:mad:

The links in the first post are working for me.
Send me an email and maybe I can email them to you.

bz1mcr
10-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Can someone send me the last page of the hydro foam plans.I can't get it to download. Stratosman@comcast.net
Thanks
I just sent you an email with both pages attached. Let me know if it worked OK.

Stratosman
10-13-2005, 06:33 AM
It did not work I can download the first 2 pages it's the last one that has 21 pages that I can't seem to download
Thanks

bz1mcr
10-13-2005, 06:00 PM
It did not work I can download the first 2 pages it's the last one that has 21 pages that I can't seem to download
Thanks

I'll try again. Let me know.

Stratosman
10-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Thank you. I got the tiled version.Looks like my weekend will be busy now building.I bought a screamer to put on it.
let you all know how it turns out.

bz1mcr
10-14-2005, 04:10 AM
Thank you. I got the tiled version.Looks like my weekend will be busy now building.I bought a screamer to put on it.
let you all know how it turns out.

Great glade we made it.
Don

Tom Frank
10-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Here are some free plans to the Hydrofoam plane/boat. The kit is a great value, but if you just want to kill a Saturday, then here you go :). These are not my plans as I downloaded them from another forum. I have seen the finished result though and they are very good.

part1 pdf (http://epowerflight.com/hydrafoam/1118314244.pdf)
part2 pdf (http://epowerflight.com/hydrafoam/1118331312.pdf)
Both files zipped (http://epowerflight.com/hydrafoam/1118495085.zip)
Can you point me to the other forum you mentioned? These plans look pretty good, but there's no pics here showing one that was built from the plans, or better yet, some video of it flying. I'm curious how this one compares to the Miss Hanger One. I'm considering going this route and put the savings into the motor/battery.

Thanks.

3dfoamworks
10-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Someone mentioned EPP as a superior product to foam, what is it and where can I find it, what glue does it use, and can I cut it safely with a laser ?

Any assistance on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

JR

Here is blocks of epp foam

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-3lb-White-EPP-foam-36-x-48-x4_W0QQitemZ6006641405QQcategoryZ34056QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

silver surfer
11-09-2005, 01:30 AM

part1 pdf (http://epowerflight.com/hydrafoam/1118314244.pdf)
part2 pdf (http://epowerflight.com/hydrafoam/1118331312.pdf)
Both files zipped (http://epowerflight.com/hydrafoam/1118495085.zip)Hi mike,I don't know what's happened to the pdf files,I've got all three files,the zip has only a dfx file that turbocad won't look at,the part two pdf is nicely tiled on screen but won't print out for some reason,tried everything,even two different printers!
as I'm in u.k.getting the kit is a bit of a hassle,the plans would have been ideal.I'd be grateful for any help,Thanks

Mike Parsons
11-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Silver,
I will see if I can find the original files. I did some server cleanup and looks like I rearranged and misplaced the files, so they are incomplete. I was merely hosting them, so I will have to go back and find them again.

-mike

Tom Frank
11-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Silver,
I will see if I can find the original files. I did some server cleanup and looks like I rearranged and misplaced the files, so they are incomplete. I was merely hosting them, so I will have to go back and find them again.

-mikeI would also like these files. I printed out one on a plotter, and it can't be the right size (too small). I'd be intereseted if someone could post the length and beam of the full size craft so I will know if the scaling is correct when printer.

Mike Parsons
11-16-2005, 02:30 AM
I looked for the files a few days ago and all the links are broken. Unless someone else has them saved, I am at a loss :(

Noin
11-16-2005, 02:57 AM
I have them on my hard drive. All to many times have I seen links for free crap dry up and disappear. Now I always save them to my hard drive.

bz1mcr
11-16-2005, 03:12 AM
I looked for the files a few days ago and all the links are broken. Unless someone else has them saved, I am at a loss :(

Mike send me your email address and I can send them to you.:)

Mike Parsons
11-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Thanks to Don, the new files are up and links on the first page updated.

solucky
02-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Hello Everyone,

If you're looking for a hydrofoam that is already assembled, please check out our website at www.realhydrofoam.com (http://www.realhydrofoam.com)

Warden
02-27-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm getting a "Page cannot be found" message on the first post links. I'd like to get these plans......can anyone help out?

red
03-02-2006, 02:07 AM
There are free plans for the Miss Hangar One at my site www.redshangarone.com (http://www.redshangarone.com)

Enjoy!

Red

Starman
03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
I have tried the links several times but it comes up with the 404 not available. I guess the pages have been overloaded.

Mike Parsons
03-02-2006, 04:02 PM
First post updated.

Warden
03-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the update, Mike and thanks for the link, Red. That was very generous of you.

Spiderman_48
03-05-2006, 01:46 PM
:D When the videos started hitting the web a year or so ago, I just had to have a MHO, but deliveries were long, and I just never got around to booking a backorder for one... nearly forgot about it.
My sister shared my excitement for the attributes of a "flying hyda-foil" and picked up on it for an idea for me a Christmas gift.
She is an internet neophite, but could navigate on EbaY, so she went hunting for one for me.
She found one, and as she got into the bidding process too far, she discovered that she had the winning bid on a "clone" for a very good price, repleat with three micro servos!
The bad news? It's in Germany! ....suffice to say, about 5 or 6 weeks later, my gift arrived.... .... a "Voltfloater (http://www.voltmaster.de/567/Voltfloater%20Vfs-Set/details.html?PHPSESSID=e96a323c3b3174ca7897ac61d2f 197b1)"! Worse, yet, it came with fully illustrated plans (almost), written in GERMAN! Achtung!!!
I used an internet freebee translater to find a translation word-for-word, but some (a lot) of the words didn't translate, probably due to use in context, or too technical for a standard dictionary.
I am making fair progress in building (groping), and found out what all the parts were for!!! Waiting for 1.5mm CF rod for pushrods and I'll be floatin 'n flyin.

fmdrumstix
05-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone still has the three page MHO plans previously offered in this thread? I'm looking to start a new project soon and this would be perfect. Thank you sooo much! fmdrumstix@hotmail.com

I was also wondering if anyone can testify to the quality and/or handling of those knock-offs on ebay? They are a very good price, but I wonder if they handle well and have plenty of power. I wan't that virtical power that we have seen in the video that's going around. Thanks again!

boberos
05-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Suggestion
Check out the ''Capricorn'' at RCGroups---foamies---scratchbuilt.
Looks cool & flies great.

fmdrumstix
05-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Wow, seems easier to build too. Must be nice to rebuild if you crash. I may build one, I still want the MHO plans so I can be well informed. Thanks for the tip.

kaos2
05-16-2007, 09:29 PM
I would be interested in having someone email the plans to me as well. Are they still available?

fmdrumstix
05-16-2007, 10:54 PM
There are some plans in the first post of this thread, but I havn't been able to print them out in full size. My brothers are currently working on them... something to do with extracting the vector art so that they can get it to the right size. I have no idea what they are doing, but I trust them. We found out that the actual size of the plans are standard 24x36 poster size.

Let me know if those plans work out for you. If they don't, I'll send them to you in a different file type when we get them finished.