PDA

View Full Version : Sig Fokker D VII

dbcisco
05-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Just ordered this Sig Fokker.
Cost me as little as my Picomoth sloper a year ago.
Even if it isn't great, I coulldn't beat the price!... even if it is red:Q

http://www2.gpmd.com/image/s/siga6270.jpg

Ryan Flyer
06-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Please keep me up dated.
Ryan

7car7
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Where'd you get it? Price?

dbcisco
06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
It arrived today. It was $40 with shipping from TH with "email verified" coupon for $20 off. Pics to follow. Had to break my boycott of them at that price!

dogsheep
06-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Who is "TH?"

dbcisco
06-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Tower Hobby

WWI Ace
06-06-2009, 03:54 PM
You'll like it. Flies better brushless but it will fly with the stock motor. I taped carbon fiber rods to my wings so they wouldn't buckle when doing aerobatics. Just make sure the rods have a small enough diameter to allow the wing to still have some dihederal since it is a 3 channel plane or it won't turn. Steve

dbcisco
06-06-2009, 04:32 PM
You'll like it. Flies better brushless but it will fly with the stock motor. I taped carbon fiber rods to my wings so they wouldn't buckle when doing aerobatics. Just make sure the rods have a small enough diameter to allow the wing to still have some dihederal since it is a 3 channel plane or it won't turn. Steve

Did you have to add dihedral? It doesn't look like the stock setup has any.
I have some thin metal rod to stiffen the wings, they don't come with the clip on LE protectors any more so I am going to the office supply and see if they have thin portfolio binder clips that would do the same. I am also going to paint the stab black with the white chevron it is supposed to have. I think the front of the radiator cover is supposed to be white as well. The wheels are definitely getting replaced. I am going to make silouettes of all the parts before I put it together so I can make my own spares. I might get some time this weekend so pics will be coming soon.:D

WWI Ace
06-06-2009, 10:14 PM
The plane makes its own dihederal once it is flying. The weight of the plane will flex the wings. Steve

dbcisco
06-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know if this particular scheme had red or white under the wings? I have painted the stab black w/ white chevron and the grill cover white. can't seem to find info on the underside of the wings. Thanks. I am going to put it together this weekend for sure.

WWI Ace
06-11-2009, 03:00 AM
I think the wings were lozenge camo underneath. Steve

dbcisco
06-11-2009, 03:17 AM
I think the wings were lozenge camo underneath. Steve
Thanks. I guess they will be red :D
I have no patience for that much detail on a foamie.:(

dbcisco
07-04-2009, 10:15 PM
I didn't modify much from the original instructions other than:
Painted the nose white, under wings red and elevator black with white chevron per Osprey (?)
Used my own push-rods (the ones that came with it were a few inches too short) with adjustable servo horn pieces.
Added rod support under wings
Added fuel line covering to landing gear to look like tube struts.
Used GWS 72Mhz pico RX, 9gram servos, ICS 300 Esc and (for now) Electrifly 7.2V LiPo.
I would like to die the rubber bands red, any hints?
Waiting for windless day to maiden:(
My wife thinks it is the nicest plane I ever made. I think she just likes red.

dbcisco
07-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Rubber bands are now red! Thanks big red magic marker:D

Forgot to mention that I CAed in "floppy disk" hinges, used tape only under the stab.