PDA

View Full Version : Which ESC HAS best brake folds prop the most

Epowerreg
02-22-2006, 03:46 AM
Which esc do you guys recommend for folding props I have a AXI 2820 on a hotliner. My hyperion esc only folds the first 3 climbs, An interface cable might help set the cut off voltage but i dont have a diagram to wire mine tried it didnt work.. otherwise Im going to try another esc.

Jason T
02-22-2006, 04:07 PM
I use mainly Castle Creations controllers for my high power stuff. Right now I have models that have the Phoenix 45, 80 and 125. The CC80 and CC125 both fold the props with no problems.

Epowerreg
02-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Does anyone have problems with Jeti esc not folding the prop?

Slow Go
02-26-2006, 02:01 AM
I use Jeti and EFlight and never had problems with either brands.

cyclops2
02-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I never had folding a Graupner prop problem. IF__IF I could stop the prop near being horozontial. Anything much off of being horozontal AND a SLOW airspeed is a problem. I do not use brake ESC's. A blip at a visible angle or a Spotter with binoculars does it.

TeslaWinger
02-26-2006, 03:56 PM
All my ESCs brake-fold just fine. I use Castle, Jeti & FMA. A spinning prop will trash the glide pretty good, so its important to clean up. Never heard of one with a brake that just works on the first few flights. Must be defective.
Good luck
TW

Epowerreg
02-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Does a jeti esc start the motor instantly mine has a 1/4 second lag..when i fly by and do a low pass it like its thinking,,once it kicks in it great but it has that lag though.

TeslaWinger
02-27-2006, 03:52 AM
Some combos stutter for a second when power is applied- as if it doesnt know which way to turn, THEN it revs up.

Other esc/motor matchups do not have that weirdness at startup. I've experienced both and aside from the momentary delay on those weird ones, all else is normal. It is not necessarily a Jeti thing.

The 2 Jeti Advance escs I use- one with an outrunner, another with an inrunner, both start immediately.

Weirdness abounds!
TW

PS OHHH! More than likely it is the SOFT START ramping up that takes it a moment to get up to power. That can be programmed out I believe but it is a shock to the system when slammed on or off if you have a gearbox.

Epowerreg
02-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Thanks im ordering a jeti monday... I meant my Hyperion stutters on rapid start like it going back wards at first..plus the brake fails alot I think i read another thread where Hyperions have problems alot..the brake fails even before the low voltage hard cut takes effect..