PDA

View Full Version : Hacker A30-16M

capman231
08-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Does anybody have any first hand experience with this motor?
I would be interested in your setup and any numbers that you have.
Hacker for whatever reason, doesn't publish any constants for their
outrunners that I have been able to find.

Howard

BMJR
08-14-2005, 06:47 AM
So far there is very little info on these motors, especially "real world" test data. I would like to see what they are really capable of doing with larger dia low pitch props than shown on the Hacker chart.

capman231
08-14-2005, 12:33 PM
I would sure like to know...Hacker posts the constants on most of their "B"
series motors, but when I called and asked about the "A" series the lady told
me they weren't going to post any numbers on the "A" series...I asked her
how they expected to sell motors if they wouldn't tell people what kind of
performance the particular motor had with a given prop and her answer was,
"just ask me"...I told her I was building an electric profile that would have an all
up weight of about 26 to 28 Oz's and was interested in using an A30-16M on
the plane with an 11X7 prop and her answer was that this motor was more than
I needed for this plane and that she wouldn't reccommend it for this application...
I could see I wasn't going to get anything out of her so I thanked her and hung
up...If you had a good product and wanted to sell it to the public, why would you
not tell the people you want to buy it what they are buying???

Howard

gwright
08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
howard, use the 28S with a 10X5 APC "E" and 3 cell 2100 thunder power pack. That's a really good 3D and sport setup for a 30 ounce plane,.. well overpowered, so should work well on your plane mentioned above. Will also save you some weight from the "M" motor. If the above is too much power, as it probably will be, you can drop to a 9X4 and extend the runtime.

capman231
08-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Hi Gwright:

I have looked at the 28 and it looks good...I am just experimenting with this little home made profile and I want a combination that will give an honest 2 to 1 thrust to weight ratio...I think I might try the new PJS 1200 3D which can give that kind of power to weight ratio...The plane carries two 1320 or 2100MA 3S TP Pro packs when it is flying...Battery capacity is not an issue...I am just playing around and trying to find the best light comb I can come up with...I have a Himax 2816-0890 on it right now and it will do anything I can do...It's is just a little slow pulling out of a hover, but will do it...

Howard

Dr Kiwi
08-29-2005, 08:40 PM
http://www.hackerbrushless.com/motors_a30constants.shtm

aero_k
10-19-2009, 05:53 PM
5 years later...any data on this motor?

kyleservicetech
10-19-2009, 08:35 PM
5 years later...any data on this motor?

I've got a Hacker A30-12XL. If you go to the Hacker Website, just get the motor constants such as KV, winding resistance and no load current. Next, plug those numbers into www.motocalc.com (http://www.motocalc.com) calculator. You will find that motocalc will be pretty close to what the motor entered into motocalc will do. :tc:
(Don't use the motocalc constants without doublechecking against the Hacker webpage. I've found that some of motocalcs motor constants are wrong.)

I've got five different Hacker outrunner motors, (A30-12XL, A40-10L, A40-12S, A50-12S, A50-16S) Every one performs as specified, and all are very high quality motors. I have run my A40-10L motor at 60 amperes on the ground for about 6 hours actual flying time total. That motor will come back after a flight with its windings measuring about 10-15 degrees above ambient. The four other Hacker motors have much more than 6 hours flying time on them.

aero_k
10-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Cool, thanks. I'll check it out