PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Recon Mission

Nitro Blast
06-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Date: June 22. 2009
Time: Zulu: 14:45

Aircraft: Cessna L-19 Bird Dog
Assignment: Aerial Recon, San Diego Mission Bay.
Departure Control 216.24 Cleared for Takeoff.

Sitrep:
Radar Inop. Civilliant tower needs visual conformation of airborne aircraft.
No other aircraft available.

Notes:
Do not report anything other than aircraft.

http://www.vimeo.com/5273686

The answer for the mission is at the end. If you dont want to see the answer be ready for it.

I made a change to the camera via the radio. On my 5 ch RX, I could only use camera or flaps. I changed the RX to a 6 ch, and now can use flaps and the camera. I didnt like using Ch 6 because it was on a three position switch, so I just slaved 6 to 7 on the Polk TX which is a dial. That allows me to use the dial to control the lens of the camera on ch 6. Smoother camera angle changes is nice. After you count airplanes, notice the stress relief strap on the tail wheel failure!

I hope you enjoy!

RWP
06-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Date: June 22. 2009
Time: Zulu: 14:45

Aircraft: Cessna L-19 Bird Dog
Assignment: Aerial Recon, San Diego Mission Bay.
Departure Control 216.24 Cleared for Takeoff.

Sitrep:
Radar Inop. Civilliant tower needs visual conformation of airborne aircraft.
No other aircraft available.

Notes:
Do not report anything other than aircraft.

http://www.vimeo.com/5273686

The answer for the mission is at the end. If you dont want to see the answer be ready for it.

I made a change to the camera via the radio. On my 5 ch RX, I could only use camera or flaps. I changed the RX to a 6 ch, and now can use flaps and the camera. I didnt like using Ch 6 because it was on a three position switch, so I just slaved 6 to 7 on the Polk TX which is a dial. That allows me to use the dial to control the lens of the camera on ch 6. Smoother camera angle changes is nice. After you count airplanes, notice the stress relief strap on the tail wheel failure!

I hope you enjoy!

Loved the audio! :D

Kosh
06-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Whats not to to like, You got it all into a nice package and presented the flight well.

Kudos from Kosh

Nitro Blast
06-23-2009, 04:13 AM
Thanks Kosh,

It was fun to make for sure. I'm kind of checking out the differences in video production between my Mac and PC. Still dont know which I like better...