PDA

View Full Version : Referring or linking to another forum - yay or nay?

tim hooper
02-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Admin,

Since I've been registered here there are numerous occasions where a member poses a question, and I realise that I know exactly where the answer is on another forum.

Is it acceptable to mention or link to another forum in any reply?

I don't wish to get involved in any petty inter-forum squabbles here.

tim :)

Don Sims
02-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Tim, we welcome any help for other members. Feel free to link away to any other site.

Now I personally would like to have our own data base of answers to questions and hope that others with the knowledge you have would spend a bit of time to answer folks. But fully understand that sometimes you just don't have the time to do so.

Rugar
02-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Beat me to it Don :D.

Motions
02-24-2006, 12:29 PM
I moderate 3 other sites and I don't think anyone has a problem with cross linking forums. 90% of members are using the other forums anyway.

admin
02-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Go nuts. If the info is here at wattflyer the first pref is to link to the resource here to avoid bouncing a guy around but there are no rules against linking to any other forum as necessary. Just as long as people don't link/spam to other forums for the sake of shameless promotion only (i.e. check out my great new forum here www.mygreatforum.com (http://www.mygreatforum.com)). Links to real information and specifics are welcome and encouraged.

tim hooper
02-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Thank you, gents! That's a very fair-minded attitude you have there.

tim :cool:

TManiaci
02-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Yea... and it's a two-way street. Link other sites to this one. I do it all the time. When I have time, I like to start a thread here, and then aswer a question on another site, and point them here :D