View Full Version : Super Cub Floats

simibill
07-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Has anyone tried the Horizon Hobby floats for a Super Cub? I am considering them,and would like to hear from anyone actually using them.

Thanks,

Cessnafixer
07-10-2009, 01:09 AM
I have some on order I will let you know when they are in and installed.

gramps2361
07-10-2009, 02:37 AM
Stevecooper suggested the floats for the beaver for my super cub I beleave the beaver from gws 13 or 14 bucks for the floats. towerhobby
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHCR6&P=M

coupe1942
03-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Older thread here, but I'll go ahead and add this as a note on the float situation from my own experience with them:

Super Cub floats work great, but replace the crappy screws with small allen head screws and paint over the screw heads with Corrosion X to prevent rusting. You can also dot the screw heads with a smidge of clear nail polish, but they will rust if not treated in some manner. The SC can land on water and on land/grass with these floats and they are generally pretty sturdy. However, the plastic strips on the top where the metal spars mount can eventually turn looks with the crapy glue they use on the floats to secure the plastic strips. If this happens, then pull back the plastic and use a good epoxy to secure it all back together. I used rubber bands to hold the pieces together as the epoxy dried. Best I recall, the floats were just over $20 bucks a pair and mine have been great for the price.