PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire 30' weight issues

nz builder
02-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Im just about to install the gear into my Spitfire. The all up weight is 400grams with the servos , rx , motor and battery sitting in the fuse. Like all Spitfires they tend to be tail heavy even with the gear up front. Im worried I would have to carry ballast in an already heavy ship to get the correct C/G. I think weight wise my plane is comparable with scale planes of a similar size but Im not keen on loading it anymore. Any ideas.........my mates who fly choppers tell me I should just mount the plane on a stand! They are probably right.

starcad
02-27-2006, 04:51 AM
Gee NZ looks like you still have quit a bit of room up front for the battery. Are you using Lipos or ?? You could also mount the receiver and a couple of servos up there as an alturnative.

nz builder
02-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Im one step ahead of you Starcad, I threw my lipo, elevator servo an RX in the nose last night and the problem isn't as bad as I first thought. I also had my C/G marked incorrectly and moved it aft which helps. I've still got to get the specs for the brushless seen in the nose of my Spit but I'm just amazed at how small technology is getting. Any prop suggestions?

watt_the?!
02-27-2006, 09:20 PM
can you fit a larger battery pack or larger motor?

cant recommend a prop without the motor spec.

you could always go for nimh also...there's no shame in doing that.

Tim