PDA

View Full Version : Wing cores

Yota
07-22-2009, 07:52 AM
I cut two sets of wing cores for my GWS pico stick F Im putting one set on the plane (eventually) and have an extra set here if someone wants to work with them trim the TE add a balsa aileron 1/4x1" I believe is what i used on mine wing is right about 35L x 6.5w when done
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s217/toyotatruckin_photos/100_2056.jpg
TE is a little ragged but gets removed anyway

Free but need to find a box first come first served USA only please

Wrench66
07-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Yota, I'll take them :)

I have a GWS pico J-3 Cub I am going to use them on.......xlnt, thanks!

--Ray

Yota
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Ok there yours let me get a box hunted down for them shoot me your address in PM here on watt

Wrench66
07-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Ok there yours let me get a box hunted down for them shoot me your address in PM here on watt

Cool, PM on the way :)

Yota
07-25-2009, 03:29 AM
they went out this morning usps regular mail-enjoy!

CHELLIE
07-25-2009, 03:36 AM
I cut two sets of wing cores for my GWS pico stick F Im putting one set on the plane (eventually) and have an extra set here if someone wants to work with them trim the TE add a balsa aileron 1/4x1" I believe is what i used on mine wing is right about 35L x 6.5w when done
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s217/toyotatruckin_photos/100_2056.jpg
TE is a little ragged but gets removed anyway

Free but need to find a box first come first served USA only please

Wow, Nice job on cutting the wing out, I have to get my hot wire cutter built, I bought the wire and have a old train transformer, just need to get it all together :red: Take care, Chellie

Yota
07-25-2009, 05:38 AM
if you can make an auto pull set-up-- set it turn on watch it cut, plus your cores will come out more consistent---MAIN THING make perfect templates!!!! that was my only hang-up the smallest little nick even the ones you cant hardly see can grab the wire--if the wire stops for any time most likely you get to use that core as packing material in your next shipment lol

CHELLIE
07-25-2009, 07:48 AM
if you can make an auto pull set-up-- set it turn on watch it cut, plus your cores will come out more consistent---MAIN THING make perfect templates!!!! that was my only hang-up the smallest little nick even the ones you cant hardly see can grab the wire--if the wire stops for any time most likely you get to use that core as packing material in your next shipment lol

Great advice, Thank you, I was looking at a few different types, I like the gravity feed foam cutter, it seems almost automatic to me :D Take care, Chellie

weathervane
07-25-2009, 01:57 PM
We had a demostration at a club meating with a gravity feed hot wire. It was pretty cool to watch.
-Andrew

Great advice, Thank you, I was looking a a few different types, I like the gravity feed foam cutter, it seems almost automatic to me :D Take care, Chellie

Yota
07-27-2009, 04:43 AM
closing the thread since they are gone--thanks for the space!