PDA

View Full Version : Eflite 250 WW1 Planes

degreen60
07-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Show your Eflite WW1 planes here. Tell what mods you have made and how you like the plane.

Here is my Jenny. I after a crash cause by a broken brace wire and folded wing I rebuilt it into a Navy N9. I have pull-pull controls. Servos are mounted in a foam tray under the wing. X brace wires between every wing strut. Had to add area to vertical tail surface for control when floats are attached. Floats come off easy and plane can be flown with wheel asm. Battery is mounted in the opening back toward the wings where the gear slips into the fuselage. I use a AX-2306N on 2s with 7x6 prop. I think it looks neat in the air with the floats. I have 3/4 inch dihedral in the wings. I made new tail surface from 1/4 inch pink foam sanded thinner. The pink foam is stiff. The plane will loop, do barral rolls, and fly upside down when the wheels are on it. I have not tried to do any stunts with the floats attached.

degreen60
07-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Nuieport 17. It has same power and controls as my Jenny. I did not have a firewall mount for the motor so I used a stick mount. The stick mount is screwed to the bottom plywood motor former with a wedge between them to give down thrust. I moved forward wing flying brace wire to just behind the cowl. The kit brace wires are like the Nieuport 11. I have 1 1/4 inches dihedral in the wings. It will do loops, barral rolls, and fly upside down.

WWI Ace
07-31-2009, 01:20 AM
I AM DIGGING THE FLOATPLANE DEGREEN!!! That is too cool!! I would have never thought of doing that!! It looks like a factory built it instead of a broken plane that you re-engineered. Good job!!! I hope Marty gets to see this!! Steve

degreen60
07-31-2009, 01:52 AM
I AM DIGGING THE FLOATPLANE DEGREEN!!! That is too cool!! I would have never thought of doing that!! It looks like a factory built it instead of a broken plane that you re-engineered. Good job!!! I hope Marty gets to see this!! Steve

Wonder if Marty will find the red on it. LOL

WWI Ace
07-31-2009, 01:54 AM
You know he will!!!!!! LOL Steve

dbcisco
07-31-2009, 02:17 AM
I love the green and brown you painted on the floats. Looks jut like algae!:D

Capt.RJM
07-31-2009, 03:32 AM
The Jenny was my second purchase in the fleet and was a great buy. This plane is the slowest flying plane along with the Slowstick and by far the easiest to control at slow speeds. Built mine Stock with an upgrade to better wheels. I am getting 18 to 22 minute times on a 800 battery lipo pack and having a ball. Already picked up the the other two bi-planes for future builds.
Capt.RJM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/CaptRJM/DSC01156a.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/CaptRJM/DSC01146.jpg

degreen60
07-31-2009, 03:44 AM
I love the green and brown you painted on the floats. Looks jut like algae!:D

That is from the water. I took the picture right after it had been in the water. Not sure it will even clean off. If you look at the left wing float there is still a bit of moss on it I missed when I cleaned the moss off. I taxi through moss getting the plane back to the bank. When it is in the water it is like a airboat, goes right over everything.

dbcisco
07-31-2009, 04:02 AM
That is from the water. I took the picture right after it had been in the water. Not sure it will even clean off. If you look at the left wing float there is still a bit of moss on it I missed when I cleaned the moss off. I taxi through moss getting the plane back to the bank. When it is in the water it is like a airboat, goes right over everything.

It makes it look very realistic.

WWI Ace
08-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Eflite needs to make some German planes now. Steve

dbcisco
08-01-2009, 03:30 PM
An Albatross or Pfalz would be nice. Bet they would sell a ton of them at $70.
As for Fokkers, they would have to beat GreatPlane's prices.
A Gotha would be cool but how many people would buy one?... except as target practice for their allied planes :D

degreen60
08-01-2009, 04:03 PM
They will make what they think will sell and make money. That might mean another model of a RED DR1. If they make a Fokker I would like to see the DVIII. A multi engine bomber would be nice.

WWI Ace
08-01-2009, 04:43 PM
They keep making Allied planes and thats no fun if you have nobody to dogfight!!! It's like a friend of mine has a Balsa USA Pup in 1/6th scale. I wanted a plane to dogfight him with so I went to their site. They make the Sopwith Pup and Nieuport 17 in 1/6th. No German planes!! So I emailed asking if they had any in the works and they said "not in the near future." I guess I'm crazy 'cause I don't understand that kind of marketing. I would think that they would sell MORE 1/6th planes if they had some from both sides!!! Steve

degreen60
08-01-2009, 06:21 PM
They keep making Allied planes and thats no fun if you have nobody to dogfight!!! It's like a friend of mine has a Balsa USA Pup in 1/6th scale. I wanted a plane to dogfight him with so I went to their site. They make the Sopwith Pup and Nieuport 17 in 1/6th. No German planes!! So I emailed asking if they had any in the works and they said "not in the near future." I guess I'm crazy 'cause I don't understand that kind of marketing. I would think that they would sell MORE 1/6th planes if they had some from both sides!!! Steve

The Nieuport is easy to make into a German plane. The easy way is just to repaint one as a captured plane. The Germans did copy the Nieuport and called it a Siemens Schuckart D1.
http://www.bealmear.com/dawn_patrol/siemens_schuckart.htm
This would make a nice Eflite plane for the SE5A or Nieuport to attack.

WWI Ace
08-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Yeah, but an Albatros or something would be alot cooler!!! Steve

IndyJones
08-02-2009, 04:09 AM
Here's my N17... I also wish they'd make some German planes!

degreen60
08-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah, but an Albatros or something would be alot cooler!!! Steve

Yes, a plane that does not have square sides that is easy to scratch build. Make one that has a round plywood fuselage like the Albatros. I would even like it if someone starting selling short kids with just the parts that need to be moulded like the wings, cowl, top of fuseage, landing gear, and plywood parts. I can cut and put together all the flat foam parts.

dbcisco
08-03-2009, 05:14 AM
My Eflite Jenny before adding dihedral.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=991

degreen60
10-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Here is my Nieuport "Flying Fish"

7car7
10-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Need some in flight pics!

degreen60
10-02-2009, 05:51 PM

Soon as I get all the bugs worked out. This plane had lot of shipping damage to the top wing. I coated the top wing with white glue to make it stiffer and glued in a strip of CF but it still flexed too much on the first short flight. I have now added a CF rod under the leading edge and I think that will fix the problem. Next flight will tell.

wattman
10-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Please stop by when in the area , I would like to see it fly and wil try to take some pics and / or videos of it flying , that plane really looks neat !
Just returned from Sundown patrol with the Pup at the field/park , again :ws:

degreen60
10-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Please stop by when in the area , I would like to see it fly and wil try to take some pics and / or videos of it flying , that plane really looks neat !
Just returned from Sundown patrol with the Pup at the field/park , again :ws:

Hope the wind is not blowing next time I am your way. Have not flown sence adding CF rods to wing, too much wind.

degreen60
10-22-2009, 07:08 PM

Your wish is filled.

dbcisco
10-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7car7
10-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Just too cool. Love those shots.

wattman
10-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Great flying pics , that should scare some of the huns ! ;)