PDA

View Full Version : Good day for AP & video !

aviatordave
02-27-2006, 03:11 AM
Here is my kids school (all 6 of them http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif ). Its set up like a college campus....I think the student population is near 5000, 6 schools and another new one on the books.

here is a video,
Prairie School video (http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31JP63SCLPHQL2WMA2MQGUC6CJ) (22 meg) - sorry dial uppers http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

I've noticed some difference from my laptop and my desk computer, hopefully the pictures look good enough for you guys.

I tried to make the video smooth as possible, but I believe forward facing cameras will make the smoothest video

(need to experiment with settings on camera yet..this was the first time out)

-Dave

MM Magpie AP
Himax 2025-4200
Pentax Optio s5z

proptop
02-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Nice pics Dave!:D
These are along the lines of what I intend to do...or at least start doing with our school project.
I think our school "elders" would be interested to see what their school looks like from the air, and maybe some of the others in our "Business and Technology Park" too?!:)

Sawbill
01-01-2007, 02:24 AM
You do get around Dave. I enjoyed your video of the Amana colonies on Chistmas. I worked near there one summer years ago and enjoyed the food. I can not get this video to open from my home PC for some reason. Also enjoyed your tread on the forward camera mount for the Magpie AP. Are
you using the raised motor mount?

I just got a Pentax Optio MP 4 that I bought on E-Bay and waiting for the prisim switch. I have been using an Olympus with a sevo switch on my Magpie and have had mixed sucess. What have you found to work best for settings on still pictures? Are you taking with power on or off? Just read the book on the Pentax and see there are a lot of setting adjustments to pick from.

Happy New Year! tim

aviatordave
01-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Sorry tim, I hadnt noticed that you responded to this thread....

Always take pics with power off, otherwise the vibes from the motor will tend to blur things. I use the prism switch too, I really like it over a servo and its alot more reliable with almost no current draw from the battery/esc. I'm not sure about the MP 4, but I use landscape mode and set my EV to -.7 for best results....but cameras all vary.

The video you tried to watch prob got eliminated from that server but now I load all the videos on my site or a a friends site if they are too big.

show us your plane when you get a chance!

<edit - hmm I cannot edit the first post, the edit button is gone..??>

Dave

Sawbill
01-08-2007, 04:43 AM
Here are some shots of the plane and a couple of AP shots with my Olympus. The only good shot with the new-used Pentax is off my deck the other morning as the sun came up. It looks like it will work fine but it does seem to drain the battery when it's cold. With a small light camera comes a small light battery so I will have to live with that. No good sunny days minus wind to get a good test flight yet!

Kosh
01-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Great looking Pie and pics Sawbill, Thanks for sharing !!!