PDA

View Full Version : Thank You New Castle Link software is available

Larry3215
08-04-2009, 05:43 AM
Hey guy, there is a new version of the Castle Link software out and I highly recommend it.

They have improved the start-up routines for the controllers! Its a BIG improvement!!

It is especially noticable for anyone with gear driven systems. I have several of those and its a major improvement.

You can now sneek up on throttle and get nice smoooooth startups.

Huge huge improvement on all my setups.

There is also the final software version for the new ICE controllers - which should be out very soon.

I also highly recommend the new ICE controllers. They are very very slick :D

justplainold
08-04-2009, 06:59 PM
yes, got it last night after the web page "update scanner" went off
looking forward to flying when the rain stops, if it stops, might take up boating too :)

SunDevilPilot
08-04-2009, 07:35 PM
I just downloaded it and installed the software on my Phoenix 80. Does start the motor up nice and soft. While I was at it I changed the plane to "Fixed Endpoints". Much better, IMHO, than the Auto Throttle. Had to adjust the radio's throttle endpoints inwards quite a ways to make it work correctly but that was no issue once I figured out how to do it.

Those ICE Controllers look really nice too! Placed one on backorder to give it a shot in one of my helis.

SunDevilPilot

Larry3215
08-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Yeah, fixed end points is the way to go. You get much better control of throttle response.

The new start up is awesome. It takes a bit more playing with the settings on some setups to get really smooth startups but all the ones Ive tried ended up vastly improved after a bit of playing around with start power, pwm and throttle responce.

The new "outrunner mode" seems to be a big improvement as well.

You wont regret going for the ICE controller :)

Larry3215
08-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Hey guys - heads up!!!!!

The first version of the new software had a bug that could make some of the HV controllers stop working.

They just posted a fix, so you need to download the newest new version :)

This version should fixt the problem and get yoour controller working again.

Larry3215
08-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Here are the details:

CastleLink V3.16 would fail to properly update a specific version of the Phoenix HV controller line. If your controller was affected by this bug, please install CastleLink V3.161. Then, link your controller, go to the 'Software Tab', and click on 'Update Firmware'. You will not be alerted that there is a new version of firmware available, however after your controller's firmware is updated with CastleLink V3.161 it will function normally. Please contact technical support if you continue to have issues.

JAM MaxAmps
08-12-2009, 07:08 PM
I've been updating all my esc's (CC is all I use for everything both planes, heli's cars) This made a vast improvement in the start up of all my planes. My Hyperion Sniper always had that glitchy start up now I can just barley move the throttle and the prop comes to life every so slowly and really smooth.

Jason